Author Topic: Paydivvy.com out of beta?  (Read 27507 times)

Offline sim

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Paydivvy.com out of beta?
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2011, 08:10:37 PM »
Did you already do $5,000?
No  this was my first transaction

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2011, 09:09:28 PM »
No  this was my first transaction

Weird, my first transaction was $2050 a bit over a week ago and it worked.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline youthink

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2011, 02:13:20 PM »
I actually used this legitimately to pay my accountant who doesn't accept credit card. Quite useful.

Offline sawlw

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2011, 02:04:22 AM »
hope this is helpfull
i sent them the following email !

''hi i cant seem to find a clear answer on the web site! is there a processing charge and/or % fee for paying my rent with a paydivvy account via a credit card? if there is Not a fee, will it stay that way or you will begin charging a fee in the near future? looking forward to trying this great social paying option! thank you"

Hi,

Currently there are no fees for making payments or receiving money through PayDivvy, however we will be adding credit card fees in the near future.  We will be sure to notify all users when this change is implemented.

There are monthly usage limits of $2000, which will be removed soon.

Best,

- The PayDivvy Team

Email:  help@paydivvy.com

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2011, 02:10:23 AM »
In the future don't contact companies about such things, we all could have emailed them, but would like to stay under the radar.

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2011, 02:12:05 AM »
hope this is helpfull
i sent them the following email !
''hi i cant seem to find a clear answer on the web site! is there a processing charge and/or % fee for paying my rent with a paydivvy account via a credit card? if there is Not a fee, will it stay that way or you will begin charging a fee in the near future? looking forward to trying this great social paying option! thank you"

Hi,

Currently there are no fees for making payments or receiving money through PayDivvy, however we will be adding credit card fees in the near future.  We will be sure to notify all users when this change is implemented.

There are monthly usage limits of $2000, which will be removed soon.

Best,

- The PayDivvy Team

Email:  help@paydivvy.com

If soon is before the near future, it would be awesome. Although, doubtful to happen...

Offline sawlw

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2011, 07:01:20 AM »
In the future don't contact companies about such things, we all could have emailed them, but would like to stay under the radar.
plz explain?!
i asked a pretty innocent Q: i believe!

Offline Spiffster

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2011, 08:00:39 AM »
it's ok to ask a company something not specific to a chink in their armor.  for example, i sent them a note about adding a version number & date to their user agreements and start a changelog when they make changes - so one can easily see if they've changed.  the sent an email back in 10 minutes with a "great idea, thanks, we'll do it"...

i had 2 reasons for asking this: 1. because i wold like that feature and 2. a way of testing their level of sophistication.  the fact that they didn't already have those basic indicators and that their answer made it appear they hadn't thought of that themselves gave me hope that they're NOT very sophisticated.

If you would have read the FAQ on their website, it is explained very clearly that there are no charges for using their service.  It states this in multiple places.  And people here have stated that they've used the system without being charged a fee.  Calling companies and asking them questions specific to the arbitrage opportunity is bad form.  It queers the deal.  It makes them aware of something they may not be aware of (although I'm sure they know about the AO here).  It's like the people who called the mint and asked them if they knew what people were doing...

Online skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2011, 02:04:56 PM »
it's ok to ask a company something not specific to a chink in their armor.  for example, i sent them a note about adding a version number & date to their user agreements and start a changelog when they make changes - so one can easily see if they've changed.  the sent an email back in 10 minutes with a "great idea, thanks, we'll do it"...

i had 2 reasons for asking this: 1. because i wold like that feature and 2. a way of testing their level of sophistication.  the fact that they didn't already have those basic indicators and that their answer made it appear they hadn't thought of that themselves gave me hope that they're NOT very sophisticated.

If you would have read the FAQ on their website, it is explained very clearly that there are no charges for using their service.  It states this in multiple places.  And people here have stated that they've used the system without being charged a fee.  Calling companies and asking them questions specific to the arbitrage opportunity is bad form.  It queers the deal.  It makes them aware of something they may not be aware of (although I'm sure they know about the AO here).  It's like the people who called the mint and asked them if they knew what people were doing...

I hate to break it to you, but I don't think something as obvious as using the service to accrue reward points and/or meet spending thresholds was ever going to fly under the radar. Besides, the question asked did not really make reference to any sort of work around. It was about paying rent with a credit card, which is a major intended feature of the service. There's no way they ever intended to keep the no cc fee long term. They probably did it just to boost initial membership and will stop when they feel they have enough customers.

Offline sawlw

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2011, 05:00:52 PM »
I hate to break it to you, but I don't think something as obvious as using the service to accrue reward points and/or meet spending thresholds was ever going to fly under the radar. Besides, the question asked did not really make reference to any sort of work around. It was about paying rent with a credit card, which is a major intended feature of the service. There's no way they ever intended to keep the no cc fee long term. They probably did it just to boost initial membership and will stop when they feel they have enough customers.

thanx skyguy918  appreciate the support! lol  ;)

Offline Spiffster

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2011, 05:54:27 PM »

You don't need to break it to me.  I was simply answering sawlw's post in a timely manner.  He asked the question when someone else chided him.  I was making the general point that it is bad form to ask companies questions about the "deals" we find.  Once you find that chink, you share it with the chinkers, you don't share it with the chinkee.

If it took an edge, then you have to appreciate the fact that he said in his post "i can't seem to find a clear answer on your website" when it is very clearly stated in multiple places.  And I do state that I'm sure they know about eating the processing fees - no one can be that dumb and get VC dollars to buy a customer base.  Though amazon payments is still going strong...   :) 

Offline Steven

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2011, 08:31:46 PM »
has anyone tried using an amex gc to make a payment?

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2011, 07:48:28 PM »
Active (0)  No active divvies.
Newly Inactive (1)   
yaakov s
You still owe $1500.00
June 5, 2011

My payment was supposed to be charged today . It wasn't .This is what my screen shows . Does that mean that they canceled the payment :( . Why didn't I get an email?

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2011, 09:32:30 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken, it seems like everyone is a little wary of using any Amex with paydivvy. Why? I used my Premier Gold for my actual rent bill, and to send money to my bro-in-law (as rent of course). Hope it doesn't come back to bite me.

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2011, 10:50:12 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken, it seems like everyone is a little wary of using any Amex with paydivvy. Why? I used my Premier Gold for my actual rent bill, and to send money to my bro-in-law (as rent of course). Hope it doesn't come back to bite me.
If you don't mind a FR the there is nothing to worry about. Those weary of using an amex are just afraid of triggering a FR

Offline azhoopsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2011, 12:36:01 AM »
I had no problems with the spg amex.

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2011, 01:20:46 AM »
If you don't mind a FR the there is nothing to worry about. Those weary of using an amex are just afraid of triggering a FR

I guess then my question is why would a legitimate rent payment, or an illegitimate one that's impossible to prove is illegitimate, trigger an FR?

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2011, 01:30:41 AM »
Amex won't care about the legitimacy of the payment, that would be paydivvy's issue. Amex might get worried about the irregular spending especially on a website with the potential to cash out, just like with the mint and gc's they don't ask for proof that the purchases we're legit theyl just fr.

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »
Active (0)  No active divvies.
Newly Inactive (1)   
yaakov s
You still owe $1500.00
June 5, 2011

My payment was supposed to be charged today . It wasn't .This is what my screen shows . Does that mean that they canceled the payment :( . Why didn't I get an email?
ok I got this
 "'Your divvy appears to be used for a cash advance, which is against our User Agreement.  We've cancel your transaction and closed your divvy."
email today . I had sent it to a different address and a different first name .
Should I take the risk of using the same address just a different last name or wait and not risk getting banned?

Offline haxx19

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2011, 01:53:24 PM »
ok I got this
 "'Your divvy appears to be used for a cash advance, which is against our User Agreement.  We've cancel your transaction and closed your divvy."
email today . I had sent it to a different address and a different first name .
Should I take the risk of using the same address just a different last name or wait and not risk getting banned?

Do you have bank accounts associated to your accounts?