Author Topic: Staples: Buy $300 In MC GCs, Get $20 Staples GC By Mail  (Read 6702 times)

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Staples: Buy $300 In MC GCs, Get $20 Staples GC By Mail
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2017, 10:20:47 PM »
PSA: Cashier scanned the same card twice. Obviously it failed to activate, but the manager had to issue a refund for the card not activating. He did not realize that it was because it was the same card and he gave me the other never scanned card. I checked before I walked out of the store and realized that the card was not the same and I was able to get my activated card back before it got lost and I would have been out $200

I did try submitting a rebate for that transaction regardless since the rebate printed out, I will report back if it works.

TL:DR - Match the GC to the receipt before walking out, especially if there is any issues.

OT: 3 of my cards had $3 removed before I got to liquidate them. I liquidated the remaining $197 and now have to decide if its worth trying to get back $9 over 3 cards. Does anyone have any experience with the process with these? Is it a huge time sink?
Yes it takes a lot of back and forth and faxing in documents. Personally I would not do it for $9.

Keep in mind that sometimes it's just a hold not an actual charge. Once the hold falls off the money will be available to use. I had that with a few cards that were compromised.

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Staples: Buy $300 In MC GCs, Get $20 Staples GC By Mail
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 10:49:18 PM »
Yes it takes a lot of back and forth and faxing in documents. Personally I would not do it for $9.

Keep in mind that sometimes it's just a hold not an actual charge. Once the hold falls off the money will be available to use. I had that with a few cards that were compromised.

thanks