Author Topic: Amex waiting 6-10 weeks to issue 50% rebate on Business Platinum bookings!  (Read 114032 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Anyone get the 5x credit for using their AMEX business plat for a redemption since 3/30?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SoloExperiment

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Anyone get the 5x credit for using their AMEX business plat for a redemption since 3/30?

I was told it would go pending within 5-7 days after the charge but it has been almost 14 days and nothing has shown up...I have ~$3.5 in amextravel airfare purchases since then so I've been tracking it

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
They lied. That's not how it works. Needs statement close.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline SoloExperiment

• View Profile
They lied. That's not how it works. Needs statement close.

Statement has already closed and been paid in full. Still nothing and it's 13 days into new statement period - they don't even show as pending

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Statement has already closed and been paid in full. Still nothing and it's 13 days into new statement period - they don't even show as pending
Charge doesn't show at all on the statement?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline SoloExperiment

• View Profile
The charges all posted and were paid. The 4X bonus points haven't posted and are not pending

Offline AJK

• View Profile
The charges all posted and were paid. The 4X bonus points haven't posted and are not pending
I'm confused.

Did you make a regular revenue booking or a points booking?

If the latter, and the 1x posted and the 4x didn't, you have answered the question.

Offline SoloExperiment

• View Profile
I'm confused.

Did you make a regular revenue booking or a points booking?

If the latter, and the 1x posted and the 4x didn't, you have answered the question.

I was responding to Dans question: "Anyone get the 5x credit for using their AMEX business plat for a redemption since 3/30?"

No, I have not got any "5X" bonus points points since 3/30. I made a purchase through amex travel for airline tickets and paid for them using pay with points. I have chatted and the 4X bonus was supposed to post 5-7 days after the charge for "amextravel" posts. Although the purchase is paid for by points it counts as a payment, and not a refund, therefore the amextravel purchase is eligible for the 4X bonus points. My statement has closed and it's been almost 2 weeks, and the bonus points are neither pending or posted. What is unclear?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 06:23:06 PM by SoloExperiment »

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
I was responding to Dans question: "Anyone get the 5x credit for using their AMEX business plat for a redemption since 3/30?"

No, I have not got any "5X" bonus points points since 3/30. I made a purchase through amex travel for airline tickets and paid for them using pay with points. I have chatted and the 4X bonus was supposed to post 5-7 days after the charge for "amextravel" posts. Although the purchase is paid for by points it counts as a payment, and not a refund, therefore the amextravel purchase is eligible for the 4X bonus points. My statement has closed and it's been almost 2 weeks, and the bonus points are neither pending or posted. What is unclear?
You're not understanding what AJK is saying. He's saying that you answered the question. No matter what the rep told you, since you used the pay with points option, you did not receive the 4x bonus points for the airfare booked with Amex Travel.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Anyone get the 4x since 3/30 with their consumer Platinum card+Business 50% rebate?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Did anyone get 5x with BP 50% rebate at all since they added the  5x?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline eli1571

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Did anyone get 5x with BP 50% rebate at all since they added the  5x?

Anyone get the 4x since 3/30 with their consumer Platinum card+Business 50% rebate?
How can one get both 5x and 50% rebate ? Isn't the rebate only for paid by points and 5x for revenue ?

Offline mahnishma

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
What will happen now if I end up changing my mind and cancelling the ticket?

Offline Mountain Man

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Quote from: JTZ link=topic=10531.msg1695873
If you never had to eat crow then you lived one boring life.

Offline Flying Fish

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Not a discussion for a public forum, IMO.

Suffice it to say, delaying the posting helps curb the risk.
Just curious, are we not allowed to mention on these threads forms of abuse which are pure and intentional theft, and which spoil a fantastic legitimate benefit for everybody else? Dan, is that indeed the policy on these matters? Shouldn't we be condemning those who ruin it for regular users who are enjoying these benefits in a legitimate way?

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
Just curious, are we not allowed to mention on these threads forms of abuse which are pure and intentional theft, and which spoil a fantastic legitimate benefit for everybody else? Dan, is that indeed the policy on these matters? Shouldn't we be condemning those who ruin it for regular users who are enjoying these benefits in a legitimate way?
no one is condoning it. But discussing it in public will only bring more abusers and make it worse for everyone even the so called "good guys"

Offline Flying Fish

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Unfortunately you're probably right. I'm just thinking that if these abuses would be publicized early on, Amex etc. could respond in perhaps a more moderate way that would preempt the fraudsters while retaining the benefits as intended. The hush hush policy just allows it to go on behind the scenes, and then once flagged it triggers a knee-jerk reaction that severely harms everyone, as is the case here.

Offline yitrap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Unfortunately you're probably right. I'm just thinking that if these abuses would be publicized early on, Amex etc. could respond in perhaps a more moderate way that would preempt the fraudsters while retaining the benefits as intended. The hush hush policy just allows it to go on behind the scenes, and then once flagged it triggers a knee-jerk reaction that severely harms everyone, as is the case here.
How do you imagine a more moderate reaction from Amex would be?

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Ain't nobody gonna let you in on their secrets. You get an A+ for the attempt to. Play the straightnhonest guy to try to get in. That may have worked back in the infant ups method days but no one will share ups/bp method
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!