Author Topic: Cancelling ticket due to medical emergency  (Read 5242 times)

Offline Hjay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Cancelling ticket due to medical emergency
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 07:53:08 PM »
Dates of travel

Apr 24 - sept 28 2017

Online chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2017, 08:15:03 PM »
Apr 24 - sept 28 2017

NY to TLV? You were supposed to depart APR 24 and return SEP 28? When did you buy the ticket?

Online chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2017, 08:18:23 PM »
Never mind, here is the rules
Code: [Select]
  ORIGINATING THE UNITED STATES -                                               
    CHANGES                                                                     

ANY TIME                                                                 
        CHARGE USD 135.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.                             
         NOTE -   

-                                                                     
          CHARGES SHALL NOT BE WAIVED FOR MEDICAL                               
          REASON                                                               

--                                                                   
          REVALIDATION/REBOOKING/REROUTING MUST BE                             
          FINALIZED BEFORE DEPARTURE OF THE ORIGINAL FLIGHT                     
          BEING CHANGED PROVIDED ALL CONDITIONS EXCEPT                         
          ADVANCE PURCHASE ARE COMPLIED WITH.                                   
        CHARGE USD 270.00 FOR NO-SHOW.                                         
         NOTE -                                                                 
          FLIGHT COUPON OF A PASSENGER HAVING A RESERVED                       
          SEAT BUT NOT SHOWING UP CHECK IN DESK FOR ON                         
          TIME  IS ACCEPTED AS NO-SHOW                                         
          RESERVATION NEEDS TO CANCELLED AND  TICKET NEEDS                     
          TO REISSUED BEFORE THE ORIGINAL FLIGHT                               
          OTHERWISE IS ACCEPTED AS NO SHOW                                     
          -                                                                     
          CHARGES SHALL NOT BE WAIVED FOR MEDICAL REASON -                     
          --------------------------------------------------                   
          -                                                                     
                        C A N C E L L A T I O N                                 
                           -- ANY TIME --                                       
          -                                                                     
          --------------------------------------------------                   
          TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE IN CASE OF CANCEL/REFUND                     
          -                                                                     
          NOT PERMITTED EVEN FOR MEDICAL REASON                                 
          -                                                                     
          FOR NON REFUNDABLE TICKETS THE -YR-SURCHARGE                         
          WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.                                                 
          -                                                                     
          WHEN FARES ARE COMBINED THE MOST RESTRICTIVE                         
          CONDITIONS APPLY                                                     
          -                                                                     
          THE ORIGINAL NON-REFUNDABLE AMOUNT REMAINS                           
          NON-REFUNDABLE.                                                       
          -                                                                     
          NO- SHOW                                                             
          TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE IN CASE OF NO/SHOW                           

CANCELLATIONS                                                               

TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE IN CASE OF NO-SHOW.                             
         NOTE -                                                                 
          IN THE EVENT OF NO SHOW - WHEN REFUND IS                             
          REQUESTED AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE ORIGINALLY                           
          SCHEDULED FLIGHT-                                                     
          FOR NON REFUNDABLE TICKETS THE -YR- SURCHARGE                         
          WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.                                                 

BEFORE DEPARTURE                                                         
        TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE IN CASE OF CANCEL/REFUND.                     
         NOTE -                                                                 
          FOR NON REFUNDABLE TICKETS THE -YR- SURCHARGE                         
          WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.                                                 

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2017, 09:55:54 PM »
Ouch. Looks like you're stuck.. Maybe mods should sticky this post as a reason people should get travel insurance? It's not expensive and is a real boon sometimes..

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2017, 09:58:31 PM »
Any chance CC will cover it?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2017, 10:27:44 PM »
Ouch. Looks like you're stuck.. Maybe mods should sticky this post as a reason people should get travel insurance? It's not expensive and is a real boon sometimes..
Or a reason why not to use amex.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline Hjay

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2017, 10:47:00 PM »
Everybody I know (myself included) thought that medical emergency is something which is always refundable.

Or a reason why not to use amex.
I was actually very surprised when I learnt this I was under the impression as were many other ppl I spoke to that Amex would be the best. I was def wrong. Afaik this is something chase would cover. (I dealt with them last year with a last minute cancellation & it seemed like insurance would cover but ended getting refund from airline).

Spoke to the desk in the airport today they said they can't do anything but I should call the airline & ask for customer relations & submit a claim or he gave me an email that deals with agency booking. I'll try & report back what works.

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2017, 10:53:34 PM »
Everybody I know (myself included) thought that medical emergency is something which is always refundable.
I was actually very surprised when I learnt this I was under the impression as were many other ppl I spoke to that Amex would be the best. I was def wrong. Afaik this is something chase would cover. (I dealt with them last year with a last minute cancellation & it seemed like insurance would cover but ended getting refund from airline).

Spoke to the desk in the airport today they said they can't do anything but I should call the airline & ask for customer relations & submit a claim or he gave me an email that deals with agency booking. I'll try & report back what works.
Good Luck! This is the first time that I've heard of a fare that doesn't refund for medical emergencies, as well.

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 11:59:58 AM »

Offline Hjay

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2017, 11:11:35 PM »
Here's what has happened so far:

I emailed NYC.agencysupport@thy.com. This was their response
"We got email from Priceline to request refund for only your wives ticket which we sent email to HQ and we were able to get full refund for her we informed agency 

If you have marriage certificate since last name are not same  we will try to do our best to refund

I sent them the marriage certificate and thanked them for letting me know the refund for my wife had already been approved. They responded the next day that the refund for both tickets has been approved & they CC'd me on the email to Priceline letting them know. The email I was CC'd on had the full conversation of Priceline requesting the refund from the TK. As TK said they had only requested a refund for my wife & they were already provided with a refund code a week ago they never told me that and I never received a refund. In the last email approving both refunds they asked Priceline to let me know that my refund had been approved. Over Shabbat I received an email from Priceline to call them no reason stated. Called in they didn't really have any clue what was going on got transferred around ended up speaking to a sup. After some back & forth & reading her the email from Turkish we ended up on the same page & she said I have to wait 3 business days. Now I sit tight, just sharing in case this can help somebody else.

Offline Live N Learn

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2017, 06:07:13 AM »
Congrats!
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"

Offline Boruch999

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2017, 07:39:29 AM »
Congrats!

Premature.
I sent them the marriage certificate and thanked them for letting me know the refund for my wife had already been approved. They responded the next day that the refund for both tickets has been approved & they CC'd me on the email to Priceline letting them know. The email I was CC'd on had the full conversation of Priceline requesting the refund from the TK. As TK said they had only requested a refund for my wife & they were already provided with a refund code a week ago they never told me that and I never received a refund. In the last email approving both refunds they asked Priceline to let me know that my refund had been approved. Over Shabbat I received an email from Priceline to call them no reason stated. Called in they didn't really have any clue what was going on got transferred around ended up speaking to a sup. After some back & forth & reading her the email from Turkish we ended up on the same page & she said I have to wait 3 business days. Now I sit tight, just sharing in case this can help somebody else.

Offline Hjay

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2017, 03:30:54 PM »
Got an email from Priceline on Monday that the refund for both tickets had been approved by the airline & I should see it in my acct within 7-10 business days. Over Shabbat refund was processed on my cc. BH

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2017, 03:33:38 PM »
Got an email from Priceline on Monday that the refund for both tickets had been approved by the airline & I should see it in my acct within 7-10 business days. Over Shabbat refund was processed on my cc. BH
Great. Lesson learnt. Use a real a TA next time :)

Offline Hjay

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2017, 04:13:48 PM »
Great. Lesson learnt. Use a real a TA next time :)

Actually funny you mention that, I had booked this ticket as a backup, spoke to my TA and even though she was going to be $100 more per ticket I was going to book with her. I asked her to wait for the next day cuz I was getting a new cc. I got off the phone with TA and cancelling the Priceline ticket totally slipped my mind. I remembered 20 min too late, spent over an hour on the phone with them trying to cancel, they wouldn't budge... that's how I ended up with a Priceline ticket. Obviously for reasons like this I wanted my TA. Another reason I wanted to book with my TA as opposed to Priceline was I had booked for 2 adults and one lap child but they didn't include baby. Called them to add they said they can't help me gotta call TK. Called them they said only Priceline or going down to the airport can help me. I asked them if they can put in a request for bassinet regardless & I'll add infant in airport they said they can't do that without infant on reservation.

Off topic but been wondering: everybody but Priceline had these tix at $865 TK themselves as well & that was the price my TA was getting. Priceline was $756 & after doing some searching Momondo sent me to kiss&fly (iirc) who had it for $670. Why was Priceline less than everybody else & is momondo& whoever they send u to reliable?

Offline Live N Learn

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2017, 04:22:12 PM »
Momondo is quite trustworthy, but that's as long as everything is as planned. It's usually worth to pay $10-$15 extra for a more popular and larger booking site, in case there's issues.
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"