Author Topic: blackberry  (Read 836 times)

Offline theyankel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
blackberry
« on: April 24, 2017, 05:11:20 PM »
anyone have experience with a blackberry classic or other bb that required the recent OS 10 software upgrade and lost contacts? i'm missing some 2,000 contacts and looking for any possible assistance.
thx

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: blackberry
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 05:17:38 PM »
anyone have experience with a blackberry classic or other bb that required the recent OS 10 software upgrade and lost contacts? i'm missing some 2,000 contacts and looking for any possible assistance.
thx
Have a BlackBerry classic and had an update around over a month ago, which update are we talking about? I had around 850 contacts and still have them.

Should have posted your question in the general discussion or tech talk!
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline theyankel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 11:23:14 PM »
Have a BlackBerry classic and had an update around over a month ago, which update are we talking about? I had around 850 contacts and still have them.

Should have posted your question in the general discussion or tech talk!
didnt know where to post
but a couple days later, my phone basically froze so i went online and got some advise how to reset. hold both volume buttons together for  seconds. that worked and phone restarted.
lo and behold, i started browsing etc... and i stumbled upon a contact who i thought i lost so i quickly went to contacts and saw all my contacts back
i then immediately backed it up and called att and they advised of an app in bb world where i can export all contacts to then email the file to myself and upload to google account. i did that and now have all contacts linked via bb and on google contacts

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 11:20:21 PM »
didnt know where to post
but a couple days later, my phone basically froze so i went online and got some advise how to reset. hold both volume buttons together for  seconds. that worked and phone restarted.
lo and behold, i started browsing etc... and i stumbled upon a contact who i thought i lost so i quickly went to contacts and saw all my contacts back
i then immediately backed it up and called att and they advised of an app in bb world where i can export all contacts to then email the file to myself and upload to google account. i did that and now have all contacts linked via bb and on google contacts
Do you mind sharing which app that was?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501