Author Topic: got an offer from co for a one pass plus card 50k miles after first purchase  (Read 3325 times)

Offline juda

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
hi i am new to the forum :  trying to get the hang of it.

is it worth this offer to get the 50k bouns miles (offer got in the mail ) or i should rather wait if thay are going to give out an 100k offer for this card cuz thay running after me every day with this offer. just want to know if i should finaly do it . the reason why i am asking is becuz

1) i dont want to hit my credit too often (just applyed for the plat)

2) if it will be soon a better offer i dont want to miss it

3) if the chase ba 100k offer is coming back. i dont want to be denied

please advise.

ps. sorry if my english is not so good

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forums!
50k is good its the highest amount offered on CO.
BA offer probably will come again but in the meantime try for this one!

Offline yaakov s

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Ditto CO 50K is a good offer .  Why not apply for the sapphire and some other Chase cards ( Hyatt , UA and try to get it to match). Read up on the 3 browser method and how to call Chase for reconsideration. Unless you want to get comfortable first then only do the CO one which doesn't have a spend.

Also could we get an offer # or something many people would probably like to apply with the current 30K offer and try to get it matched.

Offline elikay

• View Profile
Ditto CO 50K is a good offer .  Why not apply for the sapphire and some other Chase cards ( Hyatt , UA and try to get it to match). Read up on the 3 browser method and how to call Chase for reconsideration. Unless you want to get comfortable first then only do the CO one which doesn't have a spend.

Also could we get an offer # or something many people would probably like to apply with the current 30K offer and try to get it matched.
I would not recommend doing more than 2 at a time per bank, paging AsherO

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
Why AsherO ,what's wrong with Dan who did 3 successfully . Granted it seems to be getting harder and harder with Chase and with 2 your chances are stronger (I only did 2 at a time because of that) . Citi is still working fine with 3 at a time.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 12:03:33 AM by yaakov s »

Offline elikay

• View Profile
Why AsherO ,what's wrong with Dan who did 3 successfully . Granted it seems to be getting harder and harder with Chase and with 2 your chances are stronger (I only did 2 at a time because of that) . Citi is still working fine with 3 at a time.
So for yourself you do two and others 3?

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
So for yourself you do two and others 3?
Because I'm chicken others should lose??

My Rabbeim told I should raise myself to be like others , not pull others down to be like me.

Offline juda

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Is the three browser method idea only if I am applying for multiple cards from chase or multiple cards at once or from Amex, or I need to this even when I want to apply like for one chase card and one Amex at the same time . And I also would like to know if I am deleting the browser history and cookies is it the same helpful ??

Thanks for reply

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile

YMMV. I had a bunch of Chase lines closed, which was sad :(, but I ultimately had all three cards approved with a total credit line of $23k combined. I'd recommend caution, and giving it some thought, one thing I'd consider is how many recent Chase apps you've had (before the triple app), and how many inquiries you have on the credit report Chase will pull (I had a dozen or so, half of those recent).

I wouldn't make a blanket rule to only apply for two cards, but not three. Three cards will work best for many people.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline juda

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile

Is the three browser method idea only if I am applying for multiple cards from chase or multiple cards at once or from Amex, or I need to this even when I want to apply like for one chase card and one Amex at the same time . And I also would like to know if I am deleting the browser history and cookies is it the same helpful ??

Offline myb821

• View Profile
3 from same issuer

Offline Spiffster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

You definitely want to use the multiple browser method when applying for multiple cards from the same issuer, regardless of the issuer.

And it's generally considered better to apply for all your credit cards in as short a time period as possible.  When I do an app-o-rama, I crank them out as quickly as possible in one sitting.  You don't want to a wait a day or two and have the first app's hard pulls show up when the later apps do their pulls.  When you do it this way, they're all in the dark about your other contemporaneous apps.

This takes some research to figure out who pulls from where in your state and how to distribute the apps amongst the bureaus, but it's worth it.

As for deleting cookies and such, firefox and google have a private browsing mode that makes this easy to accomplish without futzing with anything else.  IE might have a private browsing setting but I don't use it much, actually only for applications...  ;-)

Offline compddd

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Is there a way to sign up for these companies mailing lists so I get these offers? Or do I just have to hope that they mail me an offer someday?

Offline Spiffster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
long answer:  what they do is run a report from a credit bureau.   for example, chase asks equifax for everyone who's lived at the same address for x years, has <10% utilization, < 50K in credit lines, a score of at least 650, has a mortgage and hasn't been 30 days late in the last 4 years.  equifax runs a query against their db of everyone and charges chase 1 penny for each hit.  it's like fishing - they have to pay to get a hit (and then they have to pay to mail you the letter) so they tailor the search to try to be the most productive.  this is what makes up some of the soft pulls on your report.

short answer:  get a couple credit cards, be a good customer, other companies will try and poach you.  it's kind of a chain reaction.  i get at least one offer in the mail every day...

Is there a way to sign up for these companies mailing lists so I get these offers? Or do I just have to hope that they mail me an offer someday?