Author Topic: Lap infant on Delta International  (Read 350 times)

Offline yaelb

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Lap infant on Delta International
« on: August 28, 2023, 05:45:19 PM »
Can someone pls help me try to understand the formula for booking a lap baby. Their site says 10% of the base fare plus taxes. The tickets was 1208 plus taxes bringing it to 1447. 10 percent is either 120 or 140 depending on what they consider the base fare. Why am i being quoted $355 from multiple agents and supervisors? I asked her to explain the breakdown and she says the base fare is $290. When I asked her where she got that number, she said that is what the system is saying. Can anyone help me understand this? I need to book 2 lap infants and this will cost way more than it is supposed to. More than double. Is there any dept or agency that deals with this?

Offline monsey yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Lap infant on Delta International
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 08:38:07 PM »
Can someone pls help me try to understand the formula for booking a lap baby. Their site says 10% of the base fare plus taxes. The tickets was 1208 plus taxes bringing it to 1447. 10 percent is either 120 or 140 depending on what they consider the base fare. Why am i being quoted $355 from multiple agents and supervisors? I asked her to explain the breakdown and she says the base fare is $290. When I asked her where she got that number, she said that is what the system is saying. Can anyone help me understand this? I need to book 2 lap infants and this will cost way more than it is supposed to. More than double. Is there any dept or agency that deals with this?

I went few weeks ago paid around $2700 for my ticket and paid $210 for the lap Child
If you like my post give me a like!

Offline yaelb

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 09:04:17 PM »
That confused me even more

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 10:24:49 PM »
Were the adult tickets purchased already a few weeks or months ago?

If yes, and you’re looking to add the infants now, the airline will use the current available economy fare (is that around $3500 now?) and not your original cheaper fare.