Topic Wiki

[Updated With More Changes] Major Changes Are Coming For American Express Benefits! Master Chart Of What’s Being Added And Removed - https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/major-changes-coming-american-express-benefits-master-chart-whats-added-removed/

$300 per item, 1K per card per year. So if you have an SPG card and a PRG card you'll only have 2k of total RP coverage, regardless of how many AUs you have on each card.

If you are unsure if an item qualifies for RP, then instead of asking for opinions here (slightly better than asking medical advice on facebook mind you), PUTPAC and ask the RP reps. You don't need to give your name or card info, just say you have an item or you will be buying an item and the store has a crappy return policy and want to make sure if there is a problem you can return it.

Direct number: 800-225-3750

Link to Claims Center: https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/onlineclaims/us/onlineclaims.do?request_type=authreg_onlineclaims&intlink=us-ser-onlineclaims-welcome-claimscenter
or
Return Protection:  www.americanexpress.com/return This is for when, in the first 3 months, the original seller won't accept a return, and the product is still in new condition.
Purchase Protection:  www.americanexpress.com/purchase This is for when, in the first 3 months, a purchase is lost, stolen, or broken.
Extended Warranty: www.americanexpress.com/warranty This covers only what the original warranty covers and extends it for up to 1 year.

Amex can approve RP claims even after the card is closed/cancelled, though YMMV.

CLICK HERE to see the full T&C for the Return Protection on your specific Amex card.

DansDeals Forum > Credit Cards And Finance

AMEX Return Protection: Did They Make You Return The Item?

(1/905) > >>

Dan:
I've used AMEX return protection in the past mostly for items over $100 but I just used it to return a $40 skirt my wife bought from a store that went out of business.

In the past I've always had to fax in the receipt and then send in the item to get the refund.
This time though they just credited my account within a few days without even getting the receipt or asking for the skirt back!

This was on an SPG Consumer card

What have you used return protection for in the past, how much did it cost, what card was it on, and did they make you return the item?

MeToo:
I used it for mp3 speakers.  Didn't need to send it in.  Was less than $20, though.  On a SPG card.

I used damage protection (is that what it's called) for a camera that dropped.  They just sent me a check, without having to return the item.  Camera was about $140.  That was an AMEX Gold.  I actually had sent it in to Canon, but they wanted to charge me to fix it, because it had "evidence of being dropped", so I just told them to forget it.  Low and behold, I opened the package up, after letting it sit for a while, and it worked!

myb821:
I used on a 100 dress my wife bought that we couldn't return also didn't even send in receipt or dress got refunded in abt 2 days

karen:

--- Quote from: Dan on May 27, 2011, 12:40:19 PM ---I've used AMEX return protection in the past mostly for items over $100 but I just used it to return a $40 skirt my wife bought from a store that went out of business.

In the past I've always had to fax in the receipt and then send in the item to get the refund.
This time though they just credited my account within a few days without even getting the receipt or asking for the skirt back!

This was on an SPG Consumer card

What have you used return protection for in the past, how much did it cost, what card was it on, and did they make you return the item?

--- End quote ---
I have never used Amex return protection. How does it work? Do you have to call or is there form you fill in?

Dan:

--- Quote from: myb821 on May 27, 2011, 01:32:34 PM ---I used on a 100 dress my wife bought that we couldn't return also didn't even send in receipt or dress got refunded in abt 2 days

--- End quote ---
Nice! What card?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version