Topic Wiki

[Updated With More Changes] Major Changes Are Coming For American Express Benefits! Master Chart Of Whatís Being Added And Removed - https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/major-changes-coming-american-express-benefits-master-chart-whats-added-removed/

$300 per item, 1K per card per year. So if you have an SPG card and a PRG card you'll only have 2k of total RP coverage, regardless of how many AUs you have on each card.

If you are unsure if an item qualifies for RP, then instead of asking for opinions here (slightly better than asking medical advice on facebook mind you), PUTPAC and ask the RP reps. You don't need to give your name or card info, just say you have an item or you will be buying an item and the store has a crappy return policy and want to make sure if there is a problem you can return it.

Direct number: 1800-225-3750

Link to Claims Center: https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/onlineclaims/us/onlineclaims.do?request_type=authreg_onlineclaims&intlink=us-ser-onlineclaims-welcome-claimscenter
or
Return Protection:  www.americanexpress.com/return This is for when, in the first 3 months, the original seller won't accept a return, and the product is still in new condition.
Purchase Protection:  www.americanexpress.com/purchase This is for when, in the first 3 months, a purchase is lost, stolen, or broken.
Extended Warranty: www.americanexpress.com/warranty This covers only what the original warranty covers and extends it for up to 1 year.

Amex can approve RP claims even after the card is closed/cancelled, though YMMV.

CLICK HERE to see the full T&C for the Return Protection on your specific Amex card.

Author Topic: AMEX Return Protection: Did They Make You Return The Item?  (Read 631185 times)

Offline joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
Re: AMEX Return Protection: Did They Make You Return The Item?
« Reply #3615 on: April 09, 2021, 04:51:48 PM »
I think you qouted the wrong guy ;)
Yeah lol. I didnít know about this, and itís a little interesting that Dan wrote it in such a casual way... especially after the fact that he wrote that itís his favorite benefit... thatís why Iím trying to confirm...

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: April 11, 2021, 07:15:54 AM »
Anyone else seeing massive slow down of claims processing? Submitted claim and it took a week to get receipt request then 2 or 3 weeks to process
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: April 11, 2021, 08:32:30 AM »
Anyone else seeing massive slow down of claims processing? Submitted claim and it took a week to get receipt request then 2 or 3 weeks to process
Longer than usual by me but not as long as you...

Offline jl75

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: April 13, 2021, 03:43:30 AM »

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. In two different claims over the past two months, it took about a week for them to e-mail me the paperwork to fill out, and then the approval took a week and a half to two weeks after I uploaded the documentation that they requested. I'm not sure if this is the "new normal" for them, or if they've just temporarily fallen behind, but until last month, I never had the approval process take more than a week.

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: April 13, 2021, 09:14:09 AM »
Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. In two different claims over the past two months, it took about a week for them to e-mail me the paperwork to fill out, and then the approval took a week and a half to two weeks after I uploaded the documentation that they requested. I'm not sure if this is the "new normal" for them, or if they've just temporarily fallen behind, but until last month, I never had the approval process take more than a week.
I miss the 48 hour turnaround back in September or so
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline 6girls

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: May 14, 2021, 02:20:36 PM »
anyone having issues uploading documents?

Offline chookshook

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: May 14, 2021, 11:33:27 PM »
anyone having issues uploading documents?
Worked fine yesterday

Offline chookshook

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: May 15, 2021, 07:15:39 PM »
Worked fine yesterday
I take that back. They asked for more info which I'm trying to upload today. No luck. Gets stuck uploading.

Offline 6girls

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: May 15, 2021, 11:39:28 PM »
I take that back. They asked for more info which I'm trying to upload today. No luck. Gets stuck uploading.
Yup. Same issue. Thought it was my computer. But tried on 2 different computers on 3 browsers and still wasnít working

Offline Cls2020

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: Yesterday at 12:34:31 PM »
Yup. Same issue. Thought it was my computer. But tried on 2 different computers on 3 browsers and still wasnít working
I was having an issue too and just signed up for a trial for one of the over the internet fax services and sent it in tha way and it all went fine.