Topic Wiki

[Updated With More Changes] Major Changes Are Coming For American Express Benefits! Master Chart Of What’s Being Added And Removed - https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/major-changes-coming-american-express-benefits-master-chart-whats-added-removed/

$300 per item, 1K per card per year. So if you have an SPG card and a PRG card you'll only have 2k of total RP coverage, regardless of how many AUs you have on each card.

If you are unsure if an item qualifies for RP, then instead of asking for opinions here (slightly better than asking medical advice on facebook mind you), PUTPAC and ask the RP reps. You don't need to give your name or card info, just say you have an item or you will be buying an item and the store has a crappy return policy and want to make sure if there is a problem you can return it.

Direct number: 800-225-3750

Link to Claims Center: https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/onlineclaims/us/onlineclaims.do?request_type=authreg_onlineclaims&intlink=us-ser-onlineclaims-welcome-claimscenter
or
Return Protection:  www.americanexpress.com/return This is for when, in the first 3 months, the original seller won't accept a return, and the product is still in new condition.
Purchase Protection:  www.americanexpress.com/purchase This is for when, in the first 3 months, a purchase is lost, stolen, or broken.
Extended Warranty: www.americanexpress.com/warranty This covers only what the original warranty covers and extends it for up to 1 year.

Amex can approve RP claims even after the card is closed/cancelled, though YMMV.

CLICK HERE to see the full T&C for the Return Protection on your specific Amex card.

Author Topic: AMEX Return Protection: Did They Make You Return The Item?  (Read 1180879 times)

Offline idkmybffjill

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: AMEX Return Protection: Did They Make You Return The Item?
« Reply #4140 on: February 10, 2023, 04:48:03 PM »
Got denied as they claim can be returned for store credit,  is this a valid reason?

Yep. It’s happened to me in the past.

Offline idkmybffjill

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: February 10, 2023, 04:49:16 PM »
The past 2-3 months, my claims were getting approved within 2 days of submitting documentation.

Does anyone else have any recent timelines for your claims? Is it dragging out longer again like it was in the past?

Offline solmeir

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: February 11, 2023, 10:53:06 PM »
One week for me. I submitted the claim and faxed the receipt right away via efax. Most were approved within a week some they needed me to fill out the claim form first

Offline idkmybffjill

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: February 12, 2023, 02:36:03 PM »
Why fax? Online submission much faster haha. Also, the 1 week you mentioned, is that for a recent claim?

Offline solmeir

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: February 12, 2023, 03:37:33 PM »
The reason for fax, that way I was able to submit the receipt the same time as the online claim w/o using their portal. All claims under $100 were automatically approved 11 days later. The ones over $100 needed me to sign the claim form and upload. The claims were all submitted on the 31st and answered on the 11th

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: February 12, 2023, 05:46:42 PM »
The reason for fax, that way I was able to submit the receipt the same time as the online claim w/o using their portal. All claims under $100 were automatically approved 11 days later. The ones over $100 needed me to sign the claim form and upload. The claims were all submitted on the 31st and answered on the 11th
What's the benefit of not using the portal?

Offline solmeir

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: February 12, 2023, 07:32:03 PM »
Time. You don't have to wait until they initially process the claim and then ask you to upload the receipt. With larger purchases they ask you to sign the claim form as well so you don't save anything but with smaller purchases they can credit right away. Just my take

Offline idkmybffjill

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: February 14, 2023, 09:22:54 PM »
One week for me. I submitted the claim and faxed the receipt right away via efax. Most were approved within a week some they needed me to fill out the claim form first

When I was submitting everything electronically, my claims were getting turned around within 2 days the last few months after I submitted requested documentation. Now since last week, everything has slowed down. Really hoping the timelines don’t go back to the past when it took 1-3 weeks for approval…

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: February 14, 2023, 09:24:57 PM »
If the claim was denied as they said can get store credit,  however now the time frame has passed to do so ie 30 or 60 days, etc.  Can it be resubmitted again or is it better to be appealed?

Offline idkmybffjill

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: February 16, 2023, 11:53:37 AM »
If the claim was denied as they said can get store credit,  however now the time frame has passed to do so ie 30 or 60 days, etc.  Can it be resubmitted again or is it better to be appealed?

I would file a different claim and hope they don’t see that Zulu already tried once.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #4150 on: February 16, 2023, 01:27:55 PM »
Thanks! Technically it’s just the “order fee” not the car but you’re probably right.

What about the other protections?
Update: didn’t work
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline 1najol1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: February 16, 2023, 04:46:27 PM »
Update: didn’t work
What was reason for denial?

Offline jl75

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: February 17, 2023, 03:47:26 AM »
The past 2-3 months, my claims were getting approved within 2 days of submitting documentation.

Does anyone else have any recent timelines for your claims? Is it dragging out longer again like it was in the past?

I just had two claims approved within 48 hours of submitting the initial claim information online (both were under $30). More surprising to me was that a couple weeks ago, I had a claim for around $75 approved without them asking for me to fill out the claim form or submit the receipt (I've never seen that happen for a claim over $30-$40). I have another claim pending that I just submitted the claim documents and receipt for (via the online portal), and it's been several days now since I uploaded the documents...So it seems like the initial claims review process is taking around 48 hours for them to either approve the claim outright, or decide to request documentation and receipts, and it may be taking about a week for them to approve payment if they do ask you to submit documentation/receipts.

Offline Dzla2

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: February 17, 2023, 10:12:57 AM »
Hi
I have charges of monthly membership fees from Fabletics.com dating back to August. I never authorized this membership. A few days after I noticed the charge in August, I called them up and got it refunded and told them to close down my account, which at the time, they told me they did. I just checked my CC account and saw that I have been getting these monthly membership fees since August. I called up Fabletics hoping to get these charges reversed and they claimed that they cant locate my account and told me to dispute the charges with my CC company.
I called AMEX and was told that they can only dispute charges going back to 60 days and therefore cannot refund September and Octobers charges. Anyone know what I can do??

Offline Dzla2

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: February 17, 2023, 10:14:03 AM »
Hi
I have charges of monthly membership fees from Fabletics.com dating back to August. I never authorized this membership. A few days after I noticed the charge in August, I called them up and got it refunded and told them to close down my account, which at the time, they told me they did. I just checked my CC account and saw that I have been getting these monthly membership fees since August. I called up Fabletics hoping to get these charges reversed and they claimed that they cant locate my account and told me to dispute the charges with my CC company.
I called AMEX and was told that they can only dispute charges going back to 60 days and therefore cannot refund September and Octobers charges. Anyone know what I can do??

If it makes a difference at all, I have the business AMEX platinum

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #4155 on: February 17, 2023, 11:14:00 AM »
What was reason for denial?
Not the reason I thought.

“Under the Limitations section of Return Protection, it states: ... "Items not eligible for a refund are: ... services and additional costs (such as installation charges, warranties, shipping, or memberships);"...”
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline friedice1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: February 24, 2023, 02:55:16 PM »
Would a ski jacket qualify or would it be considered a seasonal item? Might need to return one.

Offline idkmybffjill

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: February 25, 2023, 11:42:23 AM »
Would a ski jacket qualify or would it be considered a seasonal item? Might need to return one.

I think seasonal items are more like Christmas decorations? Technically you can ski in parts of the world when it’s not winter in America? So not as seasonal as you’d think.

Offline jl75

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: February 25, 2023, 04:37:04 PM »
I think seasonal items are more like Christmas decorations? Technically you can ski in parts of the world when it’s not winter in America? So not as seasonal as you’d think.

Yeah, that's the same thing that came to mind when I read this. "Seasonal items" sounds to me like holiday items, and even though the clothing sold in brick-and-mortar stores may vary by season, I'd never consider clothing to be "seasonal" unless it was specifically something like a Halloween costume, or clothing that had Christmas imagery on it, or a t-shirt saying "Happy New Year 2023". Winter in the U.S. is Summer in the southern hemisphere, and vice-versa, and there are places with snow 365-days-a-year, so that ski jacket would be more like "vacation-wear" than a "seasonal item". But give it a shot, and let us know if you hear any different from the claims adjusters! :-)

Offline friedice1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: February 26, 2023, 08:02:04 PM »
Yeah, that's the same thing that came to mind when I read this. "Seasonal items" sounds to me like holiday items, and even though the clothing sold in brick-and-mortar stores may vary by season, I'd never consider clothing to be "seasonal" unless it was specifically something like a Halloween costume, or clothing that had Christmas imagery on it, or a t-shirt saying "Happy New Year 2023". Winter in the U.S. is Summer in the southern hemisphere, and vice-versa, and there are places with snow 365-days-a-year, so that ski jacket would be more like "vacation-wear" than a "seasonal item". But give it a shot, and let us know if you hear any different from the claims adjusters! :-)

Yeah, thanks.  I called the number and asked two different reps, they both had to consult with someone,  but at the end came back to me saying ski jacket should qualify. I'll post here once my claim is done.