Topic Wiki

[Updated With More Changes] Major Changes Are Coming For American Express Benefits! Master Chart Of What’s Being Added And Removed - https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/major-changes-coming-american-express-benefits-master-chart-whats-added-removed/

$300 per item, 1K per card per year. So if you have an SPG card and a PRG card you'll only have 2k of total RP coverage, regardless of how many AUs you have on each card.

If you are unsure if an item qualifies for RP, then instead of asking for opinions here (slightly better than asking medical advice on facebook mind you), PUTPAC and ask the RP reps. You don't need to give your name or card info, just say you have an item or you will be buying an item and the store has a crappy return policy and want to make sure if there is a problem you can return it.

Direct number: 800-225-3750

Link to Claims Center: https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/onlineclaims/us/onlineclaims.do?request_type=authreg_onlineclaims&intlink=us-ser-onlineclaims-welcome-claimscenter
or
Return Protection:  www.americanexpress.com/return This is for when, in the first 3 months, the original seller won't accept a return, and the product is still in new condition.
Purchase Protection:  www.americanexpress.com/purchase This is for when, in the first 3 months, a purchase is lost, stolen, or broken.
Extended Warranty: www.americanexpress.com/warranty This covers only what the original warranty covers and extends it for up to 1 year.

Amex can approve RP claims even after the card is closed/cancelled, though YMMV.

CLICK HERE to see the full T&C for the Return Protection on your specific Amex card.

Author Topic: AMEX Return Protection: Did They Make You Return The Item?  (Read 1183844 times)

Offline idkmybffjill

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: AMEX Return Protection: Did They Make You Return The Item?
« Reply #4180 on: March 27, 2023, 12:18:20 PM »
Anyone ever get a message that you should call for further evaluation of your claim? What does it mean?

Did you call in? What did they say?

Offline godofchurning

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: April 02, 2023, 07:54:11 PM »
Just wanted to double check once. I purchased a polene bag which has passed the 14 day period. I don't like the color of the bag and want to return it. is this something that I can use Return Protection for?

Offline 6girls

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: April 02, 2023, 09:17:01 PM »
Just wanted to double check once. I purchased a polene bag which has passed the 14 day period. I don't like the color of the bag and want to return it. is this something that I can use Return Protection for?
Never heard of that, but why not?

Offline elimmm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: April 02, 2023, 09:20:49 PM »
Did you call in? What did they say?

usually nothing, probably entered something wrongly on claim form

Offline jl75

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: April 03, 2023, 04:55:55 AM »

I had to look up "Polene bag" to see what it was, but yes, it's not anything that falls under the exclusions/exceptions for Return Protection, as long as it wasn't a limited-edition item, one-of-a-kind, or custom-built, which doesn't seem to be the case for that type of bag.

Offline idkmybffjill

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4185 on: April 08, 2023, 02:27:51 AM »
Anyone who has submitted claims recently, how long did it take for you to get the "claim confirmation email" after you submitted the claim initially and then how long to receive the second email that requests documentation?

Offline jl75

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: April 08, 2023, 03:47:01 AM »
Anyone who has submitted claims recently, how long did it take for you to get the "claim confirmation email" after you submitted the claim initially and then how long to receive the second email that requests documentation?

For the claim I submitted Wednesday morning, it took about a day and a half to get the confirmation letter, and I just got the second e-mail requesting documentation a few minutes ago, so, about 36 hours for the first e-mail and another 24 for the second e-mail.

Offline idkmybffjill

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: April 08, 2023, 03:10:40 PM »
For the claim I submitted Wednesday morning, it took about a day and a half to get the confirmation letter, and I just got the second e-mail requesting documentation a few minutes ago, so, about 36 hours for the first e-mail and another 24 for the second e-mail.

Okay strange, I submitted mine Wednesday afternoon and have gotten nothing yet. Annoying...

Offline eternity88

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: April 10, 2023, 06:38:26 PM »
Same here I submitted last week I just got confirmation letter they received the request but no letter asking for receipt yet

Offline idkmybffjill

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: April 11, 2023, 02:11:52 AM »
Same here I submitted last week I just got confirmation letter they received the request but no letter asking for receipt yet

Okay so seems kind of inconsistent? Do you remember which day last week you submitted the claim initially?

Offline eternity88

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: April 11, 2023, 04:06:22 AM »
friday

Offline jl75

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: April 11, 2023, 05:28:25 AM »
Okay strange, I submitted mine Wednesday afternoon and have gotten nothing yet. Annoying...

You're not the only one. While my claim was processed quickly, I know someone else who received their confirmation e-mail within 48 hours but still hasn't received the next e-mail with the documents to fill out almost a week later. So they really do seem to be inconsistent in processing these things.

Offline eternity88

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: April 12, 2023, 12:06:40 AM »
I just got the form asking me to submit documents today

Offline eternity88

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: April 14, 2023, 03:24:13 AM »
Does anyone know of anyway to check the status of a amex return protection claim rather than waiting for the pdf of the email? When I check website I only see Closed or Open but doesn't say approved or not.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #4194 on: April 14, 2023, 11:41:11 AM »
Does anyone know of anyway to check the status of a amex return protection claim rather than waiting for the pdf of the email? When I check website I only see Closed or Open but doesn't say approved or not.
What do you want to see? When they approve it they usually notify you right away.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: April 14, 2023, 06:38:21 PM »
I had a claim last week that I got the credit for but they never notified me, status was closed about 2 days before the credit posted.

Offline droidtest

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: April 29, 2023, 09:08:28 AM »
I had a claim last week that I got the credit for but they never notified me, status was closed about 2 days before the credit posted.
I can confirm similar thing happened. Put in a claim and I was waiting for the email to ask for documentation. Although within 2 days got an email asking to rate claim process, then went into check the account it was already credited.

Offline idkmybffjill

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: May 02, 2023, 05:55:14 PM »
I can confirm similar thing happened. Put in a claim and I was waiting for the email to ask for documentation. Although within 2 days got an email asking to rate claim process, then went into check the account it was already credited.

I assume this was a very small amount you claimed then.

Offline droidtest

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: May 13, 2023, 02:48:31 AM »
I assume this was a very small amount you claimed then.
Not exactly small amount, it was about $175 for a playmat that started peeling off slightly at the corner and the merchant would no longer accept return.

Offline stevie55

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: May 15, 2023, 06:05:11 PM »
is return protection for 1k for all cards on the account or is it 1k per user? meaning if i have au's on the account, do they each get thier own 1k limit or is it total 1k for all users?