Author Topic: Alitalia Bankruptcy  (Read 9560 times)

Offline ExGingi

  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *******
  • Join Date: Nov 2015
  • Posts: 11804
  • Total likes: 4025
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Location: 770
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 06:28:14 PM »
Saw this on FT:


"According to this article in Italian http://www.giannidragoni.it/economia/696/ Delta is preparing a joint offer with AF/KL, where the former gets ~49% and AF/KL the remaining 51%, as required by European regulations. Apparently, there will be a joint meeting in Paris to sort out the details of the offer."

Alitalia reminds me of the old joke about investing in airlines:

Q: How do you make a small fortune investing in airlines Alitalia?

A: You start with a big fortune!
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline chff

  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *********
  • Join Date: Jul 2012
  • Posts: 5043
  • Total likes: 288
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
  • Location: NYC
  • Programs: All of them...
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 12:05:56 AM »
Alitalia reminds me of the old joke about investing in airlines:

Q: How do you make a small fortune investing in airlines Alitalia?

A: You start with a big fortune!
Said on Richard Branson. How do you become a millionaire? Start with a billion and open an airline....

Offline moe8555

  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • *******
  • Join Date: Apr 2014
  • Posts: 1112
  • Total likes: 64
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
  • Location: Israel
  • Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Melia Gold, Radisson Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, Etihad Silver, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Star, Sixt Platinum
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 03:07:35 AM »
They also say that about making aliyah...

Offline AsherO

  • Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • **********
  • Join Date: May 2008
  • Posts: 26489
  • Total likes: 3445
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Location: NYC
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2017, 09:31:20 AM »
Saw this on FT:


"According to this article in Italian http://www.giannidragoni.it/economia/696/ Delta is preparing a joint offer with AF/KL, where the former gets ~49% and AF/KL the remaining 51%, as required by European regulations. Apparently, there will be a joint meeting in Paris to sort out the details of the offer."


So the Italians will relinquish control of their flag carrier? It's about time.

Offline Luvisrael

  • Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • ********
  • Join Date: Apr 2016
  • Posts: 2844
  • Total likes: 342
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Location: לבי במזרח
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2017, 09:44:09 AM »
I actually just got off the phone with a ticketing rep from alitialia and she said its all rumors, not to worry. lol

Online aygart

  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *******
  • Join Date: May 2008
  • Posts: 13365
  • Total likes: 8164
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2017, 09:45:23 AM »
I actually just got off the phone with a ticketing rep from alitialia and she said its all rumors, not to worry. lol
DROPR
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ExGingi

  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *******
  • Join Date: Nov 2015
  • Posts: 11804
  • Total likes: 4025
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Location: 770
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2017, 09:46:33 AM »
I actually just got off the phone with a ticketing rep from alitialia and she said its all rumors, not to worry. lol
She must be European. They have perfected the art of can kicking and extend & pretend.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Luvisrael

  • Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • ********
  • Join Date: Apr 2016
  • Posts: 2844
  • Total likes: 342
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Location: לבי במזרח
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2017, 09:47:28 AM »

Offline Emkay

  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *******
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 14399
  • Total likes: 367
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
  • Location: Where I ought to be
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2017, 09:52:00 AM »

Offline Luvisrael

  • Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • ********
  • Join Date: Apr 2016
  • Posts: 2844
  • Total likes: 342
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Location: לבי במזרח
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2017, 09:53:14 AM »
Dont rely on phone reps.
hence the lol at the end of my sentence. it was just cute how she responded" no everything is fine dont worry its just rumors"

Offline AsherO

  • Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • **********
  • Join Date: May 2008
  • Posts: 26489
  • Total likes: 3445
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Location: NYC
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2017, 10:08:13 AM »
Apparently their US bankruptcy was approved last week, anyone have any details?

Offline henche

  • Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • ********
  • Join Date: May 2011
  • Posts: 3904
  • Total likes: 435
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2017, 06:17:11 PM »
I'm thinking of booking for sukkos. What yall think?

Offline pointsqueen

  • DansDeals Copper Elite
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2013
  • Posts: 19
  • Total likes: 0
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Location: cedarhurst
  • Programs: spg gold ,delta platinum
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2017, 12:54:45 PM »
Apparently their US bankruptcy was approved last week, anyone have any details?

any update ? will I get refunded from chase reserve if I book the ticket and alitalia shuts down operations

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

  • Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2012
  • Posts: 3729
  • Total likes: 84
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 126
    • View Profile
  • Location: Jerusalem

Offline ExGingi

  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *******
  • Join Date: Nov 2015
  • Posts: 11804
  • Total likes: 4025
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Location: 770
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2017, 10:13:28 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/sep/14/ryanair-preparing-takeover-bid-alitalia-michael-oleary
I find it odd that the article doesn't make a distinction between this potential purchase and the purchase of Buzz. Alitalia has a significant long haul route map, which IINM is a segment where Ryanair has no presence.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline David Smith

  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *********
  • Join Date: Jun 2015
  • Posts: 8286
  • Total likes: 204
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2017, 10:15:11 PM »
I find it odd that the article doesn't make a distinction between this potential purchase and the purchase of Buzz. Alitalia has a significant long haul route map, which IINM is a segment where Ryanair has no presence.
Who says they want one?
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline ExGingi

  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *******
  • Join Date: Nov 2015
  • Posts: 11804
  • Total likes: 4025
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Location: 770
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2017, 11:18:12 PM »
Who says they want one?

Quote
Alitalia’s brand and long-haul operations would survive the takeover but Ryanair, which prefers to own its aircraft, would jettison Alitalia’s model of leasing planes.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Sam Finkelstein

  • Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • ********
  • Join Date: Feb 2015
  • Posts: 2657
  • Total likes: 197
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Location: New York, NY
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2017, 04:45:25 PM »
Any risk in booking with Alitalia for Pesach?
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Online aygart

  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • *******
  • Join Date: May 2008
  • Posts: 13365
  • Total likes: 8164
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2017, 08:37:54 PM »
Any risk in booking with Alitalia for Pesach?
Ask the air Berlin people
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline shapsam

  • Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • ********
  • Join Date: Feb 2017
  • Posts: 2593
  • Total likes: 447
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Alitalia Bankruptcy
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2017, 09:35:56 PM »
Ask the air Berlin people
Weren't they just bailed out (for the 3rd time)?