Author Topic: Hyatt Award Question  (Read 1454 times)

Offline ChAiM'l

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Hyatt Award Question
« on: March 10, 2012, 04:15:25 PM »
I have a couple of suite-award nights and regular (anniversary) award nights. If I wanted to stay for three nights, and use the suite nights for the first two, and the regular one for the third would they downgrade me for the 3rd night?

Offline SPLP

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hyatt Award Question
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 05:06:37 PM »
i do not think the will down grade u -- what i did and it worked

I would make the rsv. 2 suite nites -- i reg award night --

then speak direct to hotel mgr or e/m him direct -- ask him to please accommodate u , give him any reason u want -- i assume u are now diamond and they will try to work it out for u -- i got it done this way

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 07:40:55 PM »
I have a couple of suite-award nights and regular (anniversary) award nights. If I wanted to stay for three nights, and use the suite nights for the first two, and the regular one for the third would they downgrade me for the 3rd night?

I've read instances of both happening, some people get to stay in the suite, some people have to move. YMMV, though having status and room availability surely doesn't hurt when asking.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 08:06:31 PM »
I used 2 suite award nights for the PH EZE and then 4x18K awards and wrote to them to ask if we would have to change rooms and they said of course not.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ChAiM'l

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 04:24:57 PM »
Thanks guys. I made my booking, and the agent said that they usually don't downgrade as they don't want to inconvenience the guest (or themselves, I'm guessing).

Offline spetropo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 07:15:24 PM »
Hi, I am trying to book an award night online and it seems that the award night option comes  for hotels higher than a category 4. Do you think if I make it through the booking process it would be honored? just don't want a surprise when I get there.
Thanks
S

Offline dudeman

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 09:38:16 AM »
I'm goin 2 nights 2 rooms to a Hyatt. First night I'm paying and second night I wanna use 2 seperate anniversary nights (different accounts). Will they let me combine reservations? I'm gonna need attached rooms too.

Offline CreamofSoup

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 07:37:02 AM »
I booked my SUN nights at the Park Hyatt Milan for my honeymoon last night but I wanted to try to get upgraded from the standard room to a suite (even though the standard rooms still look very nice). I feel like it's probably unlikely but should I call and ask/HUCA or wait til we get there and try then? Or both...? Has anybody had success getting free upgrades on SUNs?