Author Topic: Is the notification thread for sizzling deals no longer being used?  (Read 1037 times)

Offline NTorch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
There have been occasional deals on the DD main page but the dedicated thread which is supposed to be
Notification Thread For Sizzling Flights (POST DEAL LINKS ONLY-NO DISCUSSION)
has not had a post in almost a year.

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
There have been occasional deals on the DD main page but the dedicated thread which is supposed to be  has not had a post in almost a year.
Maybe there hasn't been an smoking hot deal on a year?
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline NTorch

• View Profile
Just by way of example, this
American/El Al: JFK To Tel Aviv From $638 Round-Trip
which was posted on the main page on 4/23 would have qualified in my book.

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Just by way of example, this  which was posted on the main page on 4/23 would have qualified in my book.
That's your opinion. That really isn't all that special these days.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline mileagejunkie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 607
    • View Profile
Just by way of example, this  which was posted on the main page on 4/23 would have qualified in my book.
I see a "sizzling hot" deal as a deal so good that you would consider a previously unplanned trip around it. Around 30% off "regular" price to Israel is not worth more than the MS IMO, many people can pay the equivalent, or less, by booking with miles.

Offline zow

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
I see a "sizzling hot" deal as a deal so good that you would consider a previously unplanned trip around it. Around 30% off "regular" price to Israel is not worth more than the MS IMO, many people can pay the equivalent, or less, by booking with miles.
+1
If you look back at the prior sizzling hot deals, you'll realize that we just haven't seen anything like it for a while.

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Ready to be bumped.....

Offline NTorch

• View Profile

I guess its a matter of perspective then, b/c at $638 for any trip on practically any date, it did make a difference for us.

After seeing that deal we thought about going to Israel for Sukkos for the first time ever as a family when the tickets were $640 (right now the AA-LY fare is $3,000 R/T).

We did not pull the trigger in the end, but since air fare deals on the main page quickly get pushed down by other product deals, paid advertisements and notifications, I am hoping that the mods will reconsider posting deals like the AA $638 deal on the sizzling thread,

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
I guess its a matter of perspective then, b/c at $638 for any trip on practically any date, it did make a difference for us.

After seeing that deal we thought about going to Israel for Sukkos for the first time ever as a family when the tickets were $640 (right now the AA-LY fare is $3,000 R/T).

We did not pull the trigger in the end, but since air fare deals on the main page quickly get pushed down by other product deals, paid advertisements and notifications, I am hoping that the mods will reconsider posting deals like the AA $638 deal on the sizzling thread,
Could make a merely "hot" thread for posts like these that you could subscribe to.