Author Topic: United screws up yet again!  (Read 2879 times)

Offline ad120

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: United screws up yet again!
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2017, 02:29:44 AM »
Dan, I'm with Elya on this. I think you are a easier on them recently. Albeit this story is not a big deal.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2017, 03:48:31 PM »
Dan, I'm with Elya on this. I think you are a easier on them recently. Albeit this story is not a big deal.
I was the only blogger that took the time to investigate and criticize the official report on 3411.
And yes, that was 4 months after I got GS  ::)

And I told people to avoid the 77W in coach. UA is completely non-competitive with that flight in the back.

This is a complete non-story. If we're going to take every dumb thing that happens when flying it can make front page news until the end of time.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2017, 04:08:37 PM »
I was the only blogger that took the time to investigate and criticize the official report on 3411.

And I told people to avoid the 77W in coach. UA is completely non-competitive with that flight in the back.

This is a complete non-story. If we're going to take every dumb thing that happens when flying it can make front page news until the end of time.

If I were UA I'd gift you lifetime GS for your diligent and valiant work

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 150
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, MLife Gold, National Executive Elite, Radisson Gold, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, DansDeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite.

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2017, 04:20:11 PM »
http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.com/2017/05/09/united-taping-controversy/

Customer probably forged the entire video. United is clean. If you question this you obviously didn't read the report and I doubt you even know the UPS method. so I don't really care what you have to say.

Offline User6669

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2017, 04:30:29 PM »
Customer probably forged the entire video. United is clean. If you question this you obviously didn't read the report and I doubt you even know the UPS method. so I don't really care what you have to say.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/9/united-airlines-apologizes-after-agent-scolds-man-/

Although things like this happen often, but only only now does it make the headlines very soon.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 04:37:44 PM by User6669 »
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2017, 04:32:03 PM »
"A few months later, Bethune inflamed even more passions when he described United as "HIV-positive" at an industry confab."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2003-07-27/news/0307280226_1_bankruptcy-gordon-bethune-united-airlines

Maybe he was right  :P
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline User6669

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2017, 04:40:05 PM »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/United-Agent-Cancels-Mans-Ticket-For-Taping-Her-421705223.html

Oza admits he had alcohol in his system from the night before and hadnít slept much. But possible intoxication wasnít why the United agent canceled his reservation.

".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"

Offline ad120

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2017, 12:59:06 AM »
I agree. That is why I said that it is not a big deal.
Thanks for reporting on that but that was kind of obvious.
I didn't suggest that you joined the UA cheering squad. I do suspect that you are still calling things how you see it. So if something is awry you may blog about it. However,I think you are now less likely to do so with United than in the past.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2017, 01:02:03 AM »
However,I think you are now less likely to do so with United than in the past.
Based on what? Some boich s'vora?

I tell it like it is and always have.
Show me another blogger that took on UAs 3411 report?

Offline ad120

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2017, 01:17:21 AM »
Based on what? Some boich s'vora?
You can say that If you want. But time will tell.
I tell it like it is and always have.
Show me another blogger that took on UAs 3411 report?
That is why I said
I didn't suggest that you joined the UA cheering squad. I do suspect that you are still calling things how you see it. So if something is awry you may blog about it. However,I think you are now less likely to do so with United than in the past.
IMO you would be more inclined to criticize DL and AA over you United; as well as quicker. But that is my opinion.

Enjoy your GS. You earned it!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2017, 01:25:48 AM »
You can say that If you want. But time will tell. That is why I said IMO you would be more inclined to criticize DL and AA over you United; as well as quicker. But that is my opinion.
boich s'vora

You earned it!
boich s'vora

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
United screws up yet again!
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2017, 01:50:00 AM »
You can say that If you want. But time will tell. That is why I said IMO you would be more inclined to criticize DL and AA over you United; as well as quicker. But that is my opinion.

Enjoy your GS. You earned it!
Are you always in the habit of making random and baseless assumptions about people and their future behavior? How can you say "IMO you'll be easier on UA in the future"? You realize how ludicrous that's sounds?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2017, 08:47:23 AM »
Are you always in the habit of making random and baseless assumptions about people and their future behavior? How can you say "IMO you'll be easier on UA in the future"? You realize how ludicrous that's sounds?
Totally agree. I consider myself unbiased and I think Dan's commentary is totally fair.