Topic Wiki

If your video is not embedding, see if your link starts with "http:" - if it does, change it to "https:" and it will work.

If a video isn't embedded you should assume it may be inappropriate for some people.

How do I embed a Youtube video?
Simply post the YouTube URL.
Alternately (actually, this may no longer work):
Click the "youtube" button on the second row on the furthermost left side.
You will now have the words: [youtube][/youtube] in your editor.
Now, copy and paste the youtube video id (youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&x=y) in between the middle brackets in order for it to look like this:
    [youtube]oHg5SJYRHA0[/youtube]
and leave out this part of the link: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v="

Or you can paste the YouTube link, highlight it, and then click on the "YouTube" button. This will encase the link in the youtube tags,
Now just click "post" and you're done!

How can I search if a video has been posted here before?
This is not foolproof, but it's a good start.
Search for the youtube ID (youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

« Last edited by Randomex on March 21, 2021, 11:48:57 AM »

Author Topic: The funny/strange/interesting video thread...  (Read 1765643 times)

Offline WhyAich

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: The funny/strange/interesting video thread...
« Reply #920 on: June 07, 2012, 02:23:48 PM »
&feature=player_embedded#!
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 07, 2012, 02:40:57 PM »
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 07, 2012, 02:49:54 PM »

Culture clash
haven't laughed so hard in a long time.
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 07, 2012, 03:08:23 PM »
Google Maps - phenomenal
[ Invalid YouTube link ]
(embedding not working?)

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #924 on: June 07, 2012, 03:10:09 PM »
Google Maps - phenomenal
[ Invalid YouTube link ]
(embedding not working?)

FTFY

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 07, 2012, 03:12:50 PM »
thanks

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #926 on: June 07, 2012, 03:23:46 PM »
@goodsam This technology could make for a killer build your own city 8th grade science project. :)
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 10, 2012, 01:42:33 AM »
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #928 on: June 10, 2012, 01:56:59 AM »
Share this video with all.
I could make an almost identical video about judaism. for sure for points 2 and 3 just needs to be worded right.

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 10, 2012, 02:01:06 AM »
I could make an almost identical video about judaism. for sure for points 2 and 3 just needs to be worded right.
I disagree about point 2, we are not looking to convert the the entire world to Judaism.
point 3 is not so simple either.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: June 10, 2012, 02:23:21 AM »
I disagree about point 2, we are not looking to convert the the entire world to Judaism.
point 3 is not so simple either.
All you have to do is say the "outrageous" laws we have about killing homosexuals, allowed to hit the wife/kids, Killing someone for smoking a cigarette on the weekends. Then say that we all are serving our G-D to usher in Moshiach, a time when all the gentiles will be slaves to the Jews... Also we hold that you can lie about Judaism if it will help a Jew just depends on the context... Everything depends on context. I am not a fan of Islam but who are you to tell a good Muslim that they aren't following THEIR religion, how it was meant to be. You can twist anything and make it sound horrible.

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 10, 2012, 02:42:08 AM »
All you have to do is say the "outrageous" laws we have about killing homosexuals, allowed to hit the wife/kids, Killing someone for smoking a cigarette on the weekends. Then say that we all are serving our G-D to usher in Moshiach, a time when all the gentiles will be slaves to the Jews... Also we hold that you can lie about Judaism if it will help a Jew just depends on the context... Everything depends on context. I am not a fan of Islam but who are you to tell a good Muslim that they aren't following THEIR religion, how it was meant to be. You can twist anything and make it sound horrible.
All the above points you mention about Judaism can, indeed, be interpreted in different contexts, I could answer you point by point how it's not how it sounds.
However the video was pretty straight forward with cold unadulterated facts, allowing the viewer do all the judging.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 10, 2012, 03:05:34 AM »
All the above points you mention about Judaism can, indeed, be interpreted in different contexts, I could answer you point by point how it's not how it sounds.
However the video was pretty straight forward with cold unadulterated facts, allowing the viewer do all the judging.
So I clicked on his links to see his "cold unadulterated facts" and 3/5 links don't work. 1 just goes to the quran which you can get anywhere and doesn't prove his points one way or another. The only real link that works PROVES my point http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya " taqiyya is lawful in situations where there is overwhelming danger of loss of life or property and where no danger to religion would occur thereby." Sounds like sakanos nefashos to me. The rest of what he said is one persons explanation and as we know there are many ways to interpret verses. Here is an easy example of how this is his interpretation and any good Muslim can easily argue with. His main point is Abrogation which he basis on 2:106 but it clearly says only to replace the earlier verse if the later verse is better, The Quran clearly prefers peace to war. War is a last result so the later verses which speak of violence are never a replacement, being that they are not the optimal situation i.e. better, NO ONE says war is better than peace. Also at the end when he quotes the Quran it is horribly out of order and pieced together to be in line with his agenda.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 03:10:04 AM by jj1000 »

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 10, 2012, 03:16:05 AM »
So I clicked on his links to see his "cold unadulterated facts" and 3/5 links don't work. 1 just goes to the quran which you can get anywhere and doesn't prove his points one way or another. The only real link that works PROVES my point http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya " taqiyya is lawful in situations where there is overwhelming danger of loss of life or property and where no danger to religion would occur thereby." Sounds like sakanos nefashos to me. The rest of what he said is one persons explanation and as we know there are many ways to interpret verses. Here is an easy example of how this is his interpretation and any good Muslim can easily argue with. His main point is Abrogation which he basis on 2:106 but it clearly says only to replace the earlier verse if the later verse is better, The Quran clearly prefers peace to war. War is a last result so the later verses which speak of violence are never a replacement, being that they are not the optimal situation i.e. better, NO ONE says war is better than peace. Also at the end when he quotes the Quran it is horribly out of order and pieced together to be in line with his agenda.
Great points, go tell that to the terrorists.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 10, 2012, 09:26:16 AM »
? I don't know which jewish books you've been reading, in my books, the Rambam says that a man is obligated to respect his wife more than himself, and there's a whole sugya about hamazik ishto bitashmish hamitah in B"K, and the Meiri there says that we see from here that it is forbidden to hit your wife, can you show me a jewish book that implies otherwise?. It's one thing to say lashon hara on people, but to say lashon hara on hakadosh baruch hu, that he let's hitting your wife, that's terrible.

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 10, 2012, 10:46:09 AM »
? I don't know which jewish books you've been reading, in my books, the Rambam says that a man is obligated to respect his wife more than himself, and there's a whole sugya about hamazik ishto bitashmish hamitah in B"K, and the Meiri there says that we see from here that it is forbidden to hit your wife, can you show me a jewish book that implies otherwise?. It's one thing to say lashon hara on people, but to say lashon hara on hakadosh baruch hu, that he let's hitting your wife, that's terrible.
It's not exactly how you put it or how jj1000 puts it.
There ARE sources that allow it in certain cases. All of those opinions were expressed 100's of years ago.
If you ask ANY Rabbi today, I'm 100% sure that they will all say it is not permitted under any circumstance.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 10, 2012, 11:43:12 AM »
AFAIK It's better to say lashon hara about Hashem then a yid. Also as txtmax4 said its all in context did you read my post??? Jews allow the enslavement of blacks. This is true but in context... same thing.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 10, 2012, 12:30:27 PM »
&sns=em[ Invalid YouTube link ]
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 10, 2012, 02:09:15 PM »
There ARE sources that allow it in certain cases. All of those opinions were expressed 100's of years ago.
can you please cite a source?
AFAIK It's better to say lashon hara about Hashem then a yid. Also as txtmax4 said its all in context did you read my post??? Jews allow the enslavement of blacks. This is true but in context... same thing.
1. I did read your post, I want to know somewhere where it can be even taken out of context that you can hit your wife, (by Vest haones, there's a tosefta that says ways a vest can be forced out, and one of the ways is Hiksah Baalah, but that doesn't even remotely imply that it's mutar, or can even be taken out of context to mean it's mutar, if the gemara says that echad harag chaveiro, that can't be taken out of context to mean you may kill someone.) 2. Jews allow enslavement of all humans not just blacks. 3. I understand and partially agree to your main point, I'm focusing on the hitting your wife part of it.

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 10, 2012, 04:34:48 PM »