Author Topic: One of you was in the sheraton hotel in Eatontown NJ this January ??  (Read 5552 times)

Offline FlyFirst

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I wanna book a room at the Sheraton in Eatontown NJ I checked all reviews and thats what I found..

“We should have been advised of a large group”

Date of review: Jan 31, 2011
I had a great time with friends here last summer, so I booked a night’s getaway hoping for a romantic evening of drinks and dinner, then a workout and swim the next morning. Unfortunately, there was a large group at the hotel which intruded on every aspect of our stay, and management seemed unable or unwilling to do anything about it.
The group was very visible and intimidating. They were all dressed in black, and the men wore long black coats and gigantic fur hats inside the hotel. Many were chanting in the lobby and the hallways. There were dozens of unsupervised children in the lobby and hallways throughout our stay. At one point we saw six people standing behind the front desk, with a uniformed security guard in the lobby, and they all just stood there while the kids ran around, pounded on the piano, and sliding down the large lobby stairway. We were very nervous wondering why a security guard was necessary.
The hallways outside the rooms smelled of food, as if people were cooking inside. Women and children were eating off of paper plates set up on boxes in the hallways. There were notices for this group taped on walls and doors all over the hotel . Very tacky. Construction paper was taped up on the windows of the lounge and the gym. I found out the pool, which I had been told was open at 6am, was closed until 9 for this group. Curiosity got the better of me. I wish it hadn’t. Men from this group were naked in the pool. Not swimming, but just walking into the pool for a minute then getting out, as if they were bathing.
We saw no reason to complain there. This group obviously had the run of the hotel. In all fairness, based on it's facilities and personnell, I would have rated this hotel 'excellent' after my last stay.

Date of stay: January 2011
Visit was for: Leisure
Traveled with: Spouse/Partner
Recommended by this reviewer? No
Was this review helpful? Yes
less
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
View profile | Send message | Compliment reviewer
Report problem with review
Management response from nancy crivello, Director of Sales
(Management representative)
Feb 8, 2011
Good Afternoon,
First of all, I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We at the Sheraton Eatontown, pride ourselves on a very high level of customer service and your disappointment is very concerning to us. Unfortunately, as much as we would like to alert all of our customers to large groups staying at the hotel, it would not be possible nor would it be ethical to single out one group from another.
There were some instances that took place that we at the hotel were not aware of, and did handle it quickly once made aware. Sometimes when large groups stay at the hotel, they are not completely honest with their agenda.
Again, please accept our apologies and know that this was an isolated incident and not the norm.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future..
Regards,
Nancy Crivello
Director of Sales and Marketing
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile

Offline ceejay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: One of you was in the sheraton hotel in Eatontown NJ this January ??
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 01:28:40 PM »
I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say 'one of you'? There are millions are of Jews in the tristate area any group of them could been have been staying at that hotel. Not necessarily DansDeals readers......

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 01:36:57 PM »
I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say 'one of you'? There are millions are of Jews in the tristate area any group of them could been have been staying at that hotel. Not necessarily DansDeals readers......

It obviously wan't DDFers, as we'd be the ones requesting compensation for those inconveniences during our stay... ;)
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline bosoxfan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 01:51:29 PM »
i would be annoyed if was staying at the hotel then. since when does an indoor pool count as a mikvah?

Offline springles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 02:11:56 PM »
i would be annoyed if was staying at the hotel then. since when does an indoor pool count as a mikvah?
Is that what they were doing?  ;)

Offline bosoxfan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 02:13:26 PM »
Is that what they were doing?  ;)

That'ed better be the no clothes explanation ;)

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 05:23:57 PM »
R Moshe holds it can be used as a d'oiraysa mikva, kal v'chomer tisha kabin
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline yaakov s

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 05:29:50 PM »
Are you sure about that . Not that I know otherwise I'm assuming I would of heard this once.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 05:31:27 PM »

L'chatchila?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 05:44:38 PM »
L'chatchila?
Noooooo... not even bdieved. He uses it as a smach heter. Not going to go into all the details here, but most qualified poskim will know the teshuva
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 05:45:39 PM »
Noooooo... not even bdieved. He uses it as a smach heter. Not going to go into all the details here, but most qualified poskim will know the teshuva

Yes, I've seen something like that elsewhere as well.

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 10:04:24 PM »
I'm kind of annoyed about the hotel's response.
"Sometimes when large groups stay at the hotel, they are not completely honest with their agenda."

Sounds like the hotel was ok with most of it. They had sold a lot of rooms, and were willing to let them have the pool and club, etc., and didn't care to discipline their guests kids.
Exactly what agenda are we talking about here? The guy who wrote in was a bigot, and was bothered that they were different, wore fur hats, and black coats. What does it bother him if they use a foreman in the room? Perhaps the hotel has a rule, but it's not his business.

Offline elikay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 10:20:09 PM »
"Sometimes when large groups stay at the hotel, they are not completely honest with their agenda."

Sounds like the hotel was ok with most of it. They had sold a lot of rooms, and were willing to let them have the pool and club, etc., and didn't care to discipline their guests kids.
Exactly what agenda are we talking about here? The guy who wrote in was a bigot, and was bothered that they were different, wore fur hats, and black coats. What does it bother him if they use a foreman in the room? Perhaps the hotel has a rule, but it's not his business.

Good point

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 11:04:37 PM »

+100
Such responses incline me to be even more the way I am - to Davke wear the hat! - it's just too bad on him if he doesn't like it. If he wants he can move to Iran or Pakistan; there he can be assure that only certain customs are acceptable. Ubkitzur: go to H...!

Offline elikay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 11:20:50 PM »
You can't just go board up the pool area without the Hotel being informed, they obviously allowed it.

Offline Bh101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 09:45:09 AM »

if i stay at a hotel a dont expect all sorts of smells coming from the rooms, they have a dining room for a reason.  as well these little chasidish kids have no regard for anybody else whether its their fault or not , thats how they are (their brought up that way) if i was at the hotel i would have been fuming and prob been asking for a refund.

Offline bosoxfan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 09:46:45 AM »
R' Moshe was matir pools for women in Russia, at a time when going to a real mikveh would be impossible to create. He also had his wife go to the town pool so other women would go as well, yet him and the rebbitzen were "noheg k'niddah" for 5 years until he came to America!

Offline Bh101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 09:48:33 AM »
You can't just go board up the pool area without the Hotel being informed, they obviously allowed it.
most hotels have a --clothes are a must- rule, now its possible (and im just guessing) that they told the hotel that they wanted the pool area closed for modesty reasons i.g men and women, not to go prancing around in the nude.....hey that would be a shocker for any of us!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 09:53:11 AM »
R' Moshe was matir pools for women in Russia, at a time when going to a real mikveh would be impossible to create. He also had his wife go to the town pool so other women would go as well, yet him and the rebbitzen were "noheg k'niddah" for 5 years until he came to America!
Gonna open up a can of worms soon with not keeping cholov yisroel in a time where you can get nearly everything c"y...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.