Author Topic: One of you was in the sheraton hotel in Eatontown NJ this January ??  (Read 5556 times)

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: One of you was in the sheraton hotel in Eatontown NJ this January ??
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 10:31:22 AM »
R' Moshe was matir pools for women in Russia, at a time when going to a real mikveh would be impossible to create. He also had his wife go to the town pool so other women would go as well, yet him and the rebbitzen were "noheg k'niddah" for 5 years until he came to America!

This is a great a story!

Offline bosoxfan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 12:22:12 PM »
Gonna open up a can of worms soon with not keeping cholov yisroel in a time where you can get nearly everything c"y...
asking or telling?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 12:27:49 PM »
asking or telling?
Neither.  Just saying once you start differentiating between the times that you can also do so for when R' Moshe gave the heter for cholov stam was at a time that finding c"y products was very difficult.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yaakov s

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2011, 02:27:22 PM »
Neither.  Just saying once you start differentiating between the times that you can also do so for when R' Moshe gave the heter for cholov stam was at a time that finding c"y products was very difficult.
R Moshe himself agrees  that it's better to eat c"y . He wrote a letter to the Toronto community about that . However he held it was 100% muttar. I guess that's why many people aren't makpid even though he held you should.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2011, 05:14:21 PM »
R' Moshe was matir pools for women in Russia, at a time when going to a real mikveh would be impossible to create. He also had his wife go to the town pool so other women would go as well, yet him and the rebbitzen were "noheg k'niddah" for 5 years until he came to America!
Not the teshuva I was referring to. Pretty sure that's not a teshuva at all
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline henche

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 07:49:37 PM »
most hotels have a --clothes are a must- rule, now its possible (and im just guessing) that they told the hotel that they wanted the pool area closed for modesty reasons i.g men and women, not to go prancing around in the nude.....hey that would be a shocker for any of us!

True, maybe they shouldn't have been prancing in the nude.
But I don't think you could really call that an "agenda" of the group. I don't think the organizers were intending to specifically bathe nude.

Offline bosoxfan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 11:17:49 AM »
Not the teshuva I was referring to. Pretty sure that's not a teshuva at all

Never said it was, simply telling over a related story. When you have smicha you can play Teshuva nazi.

Offline HSS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, BMI Silver, Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 11:59:34 AM »
I'm kind of annoyed about the hotel's response.
"Sometimes when large groups stay at the hotel, they are not completely honest with their agenda."

Sounds like the hotel was ok with most of it. They had sold a lot of rooms, and were willing to let them have the pool and club, etc., and didn't care to discipline their guests kids.
Exactly what agenda are we talking about here? The guy who wrote in was a bigot, and was bothered that they were different, wore fur hats, and black coats. What does it bother him if they use a foreman in the room? Perhaps the hotel has a rule, but it's not his business.

+100
Such responses incline me to be even more the way I am - to Davke wear the hat! - it's just too bad on him if he doesn't like it. If he wants he can move to Iran or Pakistan; there he can be assure that only certain customs are acceptable. Ubkitzur: go to H...!

What ever happened to making a kiddush Hashem?  This sounds like this group of very noticeably frum yidden did a great job of making a chilul Hashem.  Whether you agree with this individuals perception or not, there is an accepted social norm that when you go to hotels you act polite and courteous and in ways that will not be intrusive or disturbing to other guests. Kids should not be running through the hallways, everyone in the hotel hallways should not have to smell your cholent pots all weekend, etc....   People have to realize that just because they paid for the room for the night does not mean that they can now act as if it is their home and they own the place!!  I do agree that if the hotel was ok with them using the pool as a mikveh then the other guest has no tayna but I would say it is a likely possibility that they were 100% open with the hotel as to their intentions and they maybe the hotel would not have been "so accomadating" had they been which the hotel definitely have the right to do.  It would be very reasonable for the hotel to be against using their pool as a mikveh.  Saying that you will do things your way just to spite everyone else sounds like a very "un-kosher" perspective because our true job in this world is to serve Hashem in the best way that will be mikadesh shem shamayim.  Just my 2 cents...