Author Topic: $75 - Talias Steakhouse Prix-Fixe Dinner for 2 + Wine + Food Membership  (Read 8297 times)

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:11:22 AM by Dan »

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Next location for the NY DO?  ;)

Offline MisterHock

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Does anyone know if the hashgacha (Rabbi Avrohom Marmorstein) is reliable?

Offline Mocha

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile

Rabbi Avrohom Marmorstein started the Kosher La-Mehadrin hechsher in 1989. He has semicha from Beth Medrash Govoha (Lakewood) and is a member of the National Council of Synagogue Rabbis of Agudath Yisrael. Rabbi Marmorstein is author of Halachos of the Seder, Halachos of Purim, and Bartenura; co-author of Yad Yoledes. His assessment of the strengths of the Kosher La-Mehadrin hechsher: "Local hashgacha; intimate knowledge of [the] establishments supervised; open disclosure policy."

Rabbi Avrohom Marmorstein. The Midtown Board of Kashrus, 118 West 95th Street, New York, NY 10024. (212) 724-2700; Fax: (212) 724-5629.

Offline sl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile

Very reliable.

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
So I was there Sunday night with my wife (had the LivingSocial coupon that is expiring soon).

My food was pretty good (the "mosaic of two kibbeh, two moroccan cigars, and two chicken fingers accompanied by a ramekin of tahini" and the "rib-eye steak"), my wife had the "stuffed chicken breast" and didn't really enjoy it much.

They have outdoor seating so they had the front doors open, being as it was a hot stuffy night and the A/C wasn't that strong it wasn't the most pleasant atmosphere.

There were probably 20 people there and I would say 90% of them had the coupon from LivingSocial.

They brought the check at the end and it had an 18% gratuity on the pre-discount amount of $150, but tax of 8.875% was only on the $75 discounted amount. (FWIW on the "LivingSocial" menu that they give you, it says that the gratuity and tax will be on the pre-discounted amount.)

Overall it was pretty good, but for $108.66 I would personally rather skip an appetizer or something and have a nice dinner at Abigael's instead.

Offline mercaz1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
+1
i was there also with my wife and we both felt that while the food was decent it was not worth the money.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
75$ diner for 2(orgnl price of 133$) or diner for 4 at 150$ orgnl price at 300$, when scrolling down to the bottom u shld find what ur entitled to get for ur meal! https://www.groupon.com/deals/talia-s-steakhouse-5
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Friars500

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Talia's was simply the worst experience I ever had with pre-fix groupon (or something similar).  It's ok (ok, not great) if you are ordering off the menu and using a discount coupon, but if you are coming in with a coupon and a pre-fix menu you are setting yourself up for a terrible experience.  Save your agony and go to one of the many other places in that area.

Online hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Talia's was simply the worst experience I ever had with pre-fix groupon (or something similar).  It's ok (ok, not great) if you are ordering off the menu and using a discount coupon, but if you are coming in with a coupon and a pre-fix menu you are setting yourself up for a terrible experience.  Save your agony and go to one of the many other places in that area.
+1
I have the Groupon for 2 that expires tomorrow and have no desire to go back there.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Menachem613

• View Profile
It's not worth it even with discounts. 

Offline shwarmabob

• View Profile
+1
I have the Groupon for 2 that expires tomorrow and have no desire to go back there.
You can pick anything from the menu, they didn't have pre-fix menu last time I was there a month ago.

Offline shmoe joe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
i had a gr8 experience, I didn't tell them on till when they brought me my bill that I'm here with a groupon. Gota play it right!
give some love (likes) to a brother!

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
i had a gr8 experience, I didn't tell them on till when they brought me my bill that I'm here with a groupon. Gota play it right!
Smart move