Author Topic: Receiving 75k business gold promo without being targeted  (Read 23790 times)

Offline lakebagger

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Receiving 75k business gold promo without being targeted
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2011, 02:51:03 PM »
There is no bonus with the Business Gold AMEX
But you can get it matched to 75K by calling up after you get it.

Thanks Dan, I used your link and was approved.  I did have to call to confirm some info and at the same time asked the rep to overnight a temporary (I want to take advantage of the BA transfer promo).  Do I need to wait for the card before calling for the 75K match?  Also, is it the same phone number to call for the match as for the personal cards?

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2011, 02:54:32 PM »
Thanks Dan, I used your link and was approved.  I did have to call to confirm some info and at the same time asked the rep to overnight a temporary (I want to take advantage of the BA transfer promo).  Do I need to wait for the card before calling for the 75K match?  Also, is it the same phone number to call for the match as for the personal cards?

same number, if you call early you'll get a notation and will have to call back after you spend and see your initial points pending.
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2011, 10:07:50 AM »
Much appreciated :)
I would spend the 2K before calling, but you can also call now and have them notate the account.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline kivabb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2011, 11:23:17 AM »
Dan, do you have Amex Biz SPG and Platinum Biz links so we can try for trifecta on this one? Thanks

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline leeboy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2011, 02:54:29 AM »
I don
http://www.dansdeals.com/go/starwoodbusiness/

http://www.dansdeals.com/go/amexplatbusiness/
I dont get it, you can get 75k with amex plat as well? i dont see any signup bonus in the link above
is the gold card still worth trying for 75k?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2011, 03:07:52 AM »
I donI dont get it, you can get 75k with amex plat as well? i dont see any signup bonus in the link above
is the gold card still worth trying for 75k?

Welcome to the forums.

What you're probably looking for are these two Amex consumer charge cards:

Amex Premier Rewards Gold - 15k bonus in the link, matches to 75k with code 5895.
Amex Platinum - 25k in the link, matches to 100k with code 5748.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline kivabb

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2011, 10:36:16 AM »

Offline lakebagger

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2011, 10:10:19 PM »
Not encouraging news here.  I wasn't targeted and applied under Dan's link (no bonus unless you spend 50K).  Just got the card, activated it, and called membership rewards, indicating that one of my business colleagues had just gotten the same card but with a 75K bonus after 2K spend, offer code xxxx.  The rep put me on hold for about 3 minutes and came back stating that she had bad news.  Sir, you are not eligible since you already have an AMEX business true rewards costco card.  She said only first time business cardmembers were eligible.  She then proceeded to tell me she had talked to her supervisor who indicated there was nothing that could be done.  I plan to call again but not getting my hopes up.  Any suggestions?  Should I be using a different song and dance when I call.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2011, 10:13:12 PM »
Not encouraging news here.  I wasn't targeted and applied under Dan's link (no bonus unless you spend 50K).

Spend 50k? ???

Keep trying. Good luck.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2011, 02:59:44 AM »
Not encouraging news here.  I wasn't targeted and applied under Dan's link (no bonus unless you spend 50K).  Just got the card, activated it, and called membership rewards, indicating that one of my business colleagues had just gotten the same card but with a 75K bonus after 2K spend, offer code xxxx.  The rep put me on hold for about 3 minutes and came back stating that she had bad news.  Sir, you are not eligible since you already have an AMEX business true rewards costco card.  She said only first time business cardmembers were eligible.  She then proceeded to tell me she had talked to her supervisor who indicated there was nothing that could be done.  I plan to call again but not getting my hopes up.  Any suggestions?  Should I be using a different song and dance when I call.
They dont always realize especially if you keep babbling to them, give it another shot.
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline lakebagger

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2011, 03:44:10 PM »
Success!!!  Called back this morning and got "Cassandra".  Unlike the rep last night, Cassandra answered the phone with a bright and cheery voice and positive attitude.  I explained I just got my business gold card, and a friend of mine told me they signed up for the same card but with a 75K bonus after 2K of spend, offer code 6497.  I told her my offer was only for 25K bonus points after 50K of spend, and asked if I could get the same offer.  She explained the 25K points after 50K spend wasn't a sign up bonus but an annual bonus.  She hadn't heard of the 75K bonus offer after 2K of spend but she was aware of a 50K offer after 5K of spend and told me she would would see whether I might qualify for either of those or a better offer.  After putting me on hold for a few minutes she came back and told me she had found a better offer, 75K bonus after 1K of spend, offer code 6499 and that I qualify.  Wohoo!  She put the offer code and notes in my account and told me if the points didn't automatically post after 1K of spend to call back in 2 months and have them apply the points manually.  Needless to say I'm a very happy camper.  Thanks Dan and those here offering the advice and encouragement!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2011, 04:08:49 PM »
Congrats, and thanks for the new code!

Offline yaakov s

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2011, 05:27:34 PM »
I just received this offer 75K after 2K( not 1k) spend in the mail. Being that I would rather apply originally with a legitimate app I have a few questions .
A)Do I have to apply with the name that they sent it to or could I use my "cc biz" name (the business isn't mine even though I run it I'm not authorized to apply for cc for them)
B) is there any way to do it online in order to do the 3 browser method?
C)Do SP Biz apps get looked at the same way as regular cc apps regarding inquiries and shopping for credit affecting the decision ,and vice versa does it affect regular apps?

Offline steve L

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2011, 06:14:35 PM »
has anybody applied for amex business card and regular personal gold card and it was only 1 inquiry?

Offline karen

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2011, 12:00:08 PM »
After 4 SMs, I finally got this. (I used Dan's regular link to apply)

I understand your concern regarding the bonus points.

Appreciating your relationship with American Express, I have made a note on your account that you will receive 75,000 points once you have met the spend requirement of $2,000.00 points by October 11, 2011.

After you have met the spend threshold, please write back to us and we will gladly issue the 75,000 bonus points on your account.

I hope this information will cheer you up.

Have an excellent day ahead!

Sincerely, Shadab Rais Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2011, 03:31:33 PM »
I have a targeted rsvp offer . If when I apply on the app page I switch the info from the business name to my business name will that void the app. Trying to avoid a meeting with Evil Emma for too many requests.

Offline isaacs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2011, 03:45:57 PM »
I just received this offer 75K after 2K( not 1k) spend in the mail. Being that I would rather apply originally with a legitimate app I have a few questions .
A)Do I have to apply with the name that they sent it to or could I use my "cc biz" name (the business isn't mine even though I run it I'm not authorized to apply for cc for them)
B) is there any way to do it online in order to do the 3 browser method?
C)Do SP Biz apps get looked at the same way as regular cc apps regarding inquiries and shopping for credit affecting the decision ,and vice versa does it affect regular apps?
i got the offer in the mail to one of my business names, when i applied i put in a different business name from the one it was targeted too and it just worked fine.
good luck

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2011, 03:52:59 PM »
i got the offer in the mail to one of my business names, when i applied i put in a different business name from the one it was targeted too and it just worked fine.
good luck
Thanks . Did you use the same mailing address or a different one.

Offline isaacs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2011, 05:19:12 PM »
Thanks . Did you use the same mailing address or a different one.
same address