Author Topic: EK/SU: NYC-MLE $525 RT Or OW with EK MLE-JFK For Only $101!!  (Read 11046 times)

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Aegean Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Re: EK/SU: NYC-MLE $525 RT Or OW with EK MLE-JFK For Only $101!!
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2017, 10:24:18 AM »
Very cool, but I fail to understand why they felt so compelled to say that the readership is mostly Jewish?  It almost felt like they were trying to imply that Emirates cancelled the tickets because most of those who booked were Jewish.

Offline Denverite

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2017, 12:28:51 PM »
Very cool, but I fail to understand why they felt so compelled to say that the readership is mostly Jewish?  It almost felt like they were trying to imply that Emirates cancelled the tickets because most of those who booked were Jewish.

I think it's because it's a lighthearted article and that's why he said at the end Dan told DDFers to appeal to a "Higher Authority" for help...the DOT. I wouldn't be surprised if the author is an avid follower of Dan.  ;)

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2017, 02:01:04 PM »
I think it's because it's a lighthearted article and that's why he said at the end Dan told DDFers to appeal to a "Higher Authority" for help...the DOT. I wouldn't be surprised if the author is an avid follower of Dan.  ;)

Hah you're right! Missed that last bit...

Offline CR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2017, 08:47:58 PM »
Very strange thing just happened. I booked these flights through amex travel and noticed today that the charges were not refunded on my credit card and when I login to the amex portal they are are no where to be found. Called amex travel and she confirmed the flights and told me to check on emirates using the record locator. (She also said the travel portal was having issues showing upcoming trips) Just checked on Emirates and its showing confirmed, ticketed etc (something that 24 hours after the initial purchase was showing as an error, which I assumed bc it was cancelled.) I decided to call emirates and they confirmed the entire booking in detail.

Btw I never got a cancellation email from amex or emirates themselves. Just wondering if anyone had similar experience?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:10:04 PM by CR »

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2017, 04:35:32 AM »
Very strange thing just happened. I booked these flights through amex travel and noticed today that the charges were not refunded on my credit card and when I login to the amex portal they are are no where to be found. Called amex travel and she confirmed the flights and told me to check on emirates using the record locator. (She also said the travel portal was having issues showing upcoming trips) Just checked on Emirates and its showing confirmed, ticketed etc (something that 24 hours after the initial purchase was showing as an error, which I assumed bc it was cancelled.) I decided to call emirates and they confirmed the entire booking in detail.

Btw I never got a cancellation email from amex or emirates themselves. Just wondering if anyone had similar experience?

Consider yourself extremely lucky, but I see you have a low post count here. Please allow me to offer you some very important advice: NEVER, EVER call the airline in situations like these!  If the booking says confirmed and ticketed -- then it is!  Had you landed a knowledgeable rep. who was aware of the circumstances, your tickets could have been canceled!

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2017, 09:36:20 AM »
Very weird... I called up Emirates the following day after booking, and canceled my tickets (although they told me they were canceling them anyways) My reservation # was pulling up an error following the cancelation. I just received an email with my full itinerary, and another 2 emails with my e-ticket info and DW's e-ticket info. Using reservation ID, I can now pull up the reservation and choose seats etc.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2017, 09:41:19 AM »
Very weird... I called up Emirates the following day after booking, and canceled my tickets (although they told me they were canceling them anyways) My reservation # was pulling up an error following the cancelation. I just received an email with my full itinerary, and another 2 emails with my e-ticket info and DW's e-ticket info. Using reservation ID, I can now pull up the reservation and choose seats etc.
Did the charge fall off?

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2017, 09:44:02 AM »
Did the charge fall off?
No. Due to their messed up system of having to request a refund, the process can take a while.

Offline normathej

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2017, 09:46:59 AM »
No. Due to their messed up system of having to request a refund, the process can take a while.

i just received a phone call from Emirates, asking if i want to keep my booking!  They said that they've changed their minds and will honor the pricing.  Didn't work for me the in end anyway so i canceled but curious if they're doing this across the board?  I booked directly through Emirates as opposed to Priceline.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2017, 09:49:38 AM »
i just received a phone call from Emirates, asking if i want to keep my booking!  They said that they've changed their minds and will honor the pricing.  Didn't work for me the in end anyway so i canceled but curious if they're doing this across the board?  I booked directly through Emirates as opposed to Priceline.
I booked through Emirates as well. That's very nice and all, but let's say I cancelled it on purpose (which I did) this just causes me to have to re-cancel.

Offline normathej

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2017, 09:51:13 AM »
I had canceled the next day (filled out the refund form online).  He was basically offering to reinstate it if I wanted.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2017, 09:53:02 AM »
I had canceled the next day (filled out the refund form online).  He was basically offering to reinstate it if I wanted.
Gotcha. Well I just received the same email you would get if you booked today.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2017, 09:54:19 AM »
Wow, DoT FTW!!!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2017, 09:55:13 AM »
Wow, DoT FTW!!!
now I need to plan this trip...

Offline Aerial Dag

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2017, 10:01:50 AM »
I got a missed call from 443448002777 which upon googling brings up info about Emirates. Looks like it might be across the board!