Author Topic: EK/SU: NYC-MLE $525 RT Or OW with EK MLE-JFK For Only $101!!  (Read 26271 times)

Offline Mountain Man

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: EK/SU: NYC-MLE $525 RT Or OW with EK MLE-JFK For Only $101!!
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2017, 04:24:35 PM »
Ah ok. I might have to cancel as well. Wife isn't too happy about having to fly economy for so long. Funny coming from her since she used to say why fly in biz when you can fly 2 legs in coach for the same price. That all changed when she took her first J flight...  ::)
The flights were so cheap you could've booked an empty middle seat and flown ghetto first class 8).

The shortfall would be in an oversold flight situation but I'm curious if you could get both tickets scanned?
Quote from: JTZ link=topic=10531.msg1695873
If you never had to eat crow then you lived one boring life.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2017, 04:40:59 PM »
Ah ok. I might have to cancel as well. Wife isn't too happy about having to fly economy for so long. Funny coming from her since she used to say why fly in biz when you can fly 2 legs in coach for the same price. That all changed when she took her first J flight...  ::)
My DW still says that if she's traveling without me she will go economy. Don't know how she says that after acknowledging several times when traveling together that flying business is required on long flights.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Aerial Dag

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2017, 07:31:22 PM »
My DW still says that if she's traveling without me she will go economy. Don't know how she says that after acknowledging several times when traveling together that flying business is required on long flights.
Required when YOU are the one doing the work finding the J availability  ;D

Offline Aerial Dag

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2017, 07:35:44 PM »
FYI just called Emirates and rep informed me that my flight was cancelled. I never requested the cancellation but she said that (like as2 said above) ALL mispriced flights are being cancelled and emails should be going out shortly. She also said that I must fill out the refund request form located here. Seems crazy that they wouldn't automatically refund the money directly back on the card. I originally booked the flight through Emirates not Priceline.

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2017, 07:37:11 PM »
FYI just called Emirates and rep informed me that my flight was cancelled. I never requested the cancellation but she said that (like as2 said above) ALL mispriced flights are being cancelled and emails should be going out shortly. She also said that I must fill out the refund request form located here. Seems crazy that they wouldn't automatically refund the money directly back on the card. I originally booked the flight through Emirates not Priceline.
I did communicate that it is absurd to cancel flights and then not automatically issue a refund. They really didn't care.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2017, 07:50:15 PM »
I'd simply dispute.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Lushkab

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2017, 01:29:06 AM »
How can I know if it was cancelled?
I chatted with priceline and was told it's confirmed

Offline dsw193

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2017, 03:49:33 PM »
Cancelation emails received.

Offline Aerial Dag

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2017, 03:52:34 PM »
Cancelation emails received.
Got the official letter as well.

Dear ,
We are contacting you regarding your upcoming airline reservation, trip number

We were notified recently by Emirates of a fare filing issue which resulted in invalid fares being ticketed for certain markets. Due to this airline fare filing issue, Emirates has cancelled your itinerary for travel on Emirates and invalidated your airline ticket(s).

Emirates is currently in the process of refunding all impacted tickets in full. The airline will refund the full purchase price to your original form of payment.

If you require additional assistance, please contact Emirates directly at 1-800-777-3999. Or you can contact us at 1-800-774-2354

We regret any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding regarding this airline fare filing issue.

Best Regards,

The Customer Care Team

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2017, 04:05:55 PM »
To the DoT we march!
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline dsw193

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2017, 04:06:40 PM »
To the DoT we march!
How about a draft for the public?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2017, 04:10:24 PM »
I hope everyone booked the SR MLE and can verify the expense :)

Offline Moshe26

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2017, 04:13:18 PM »
same here just got email cancellation :(. not gonna lie tho after reading all those TRs (especially Barry Lincoln's) I really want to now. I have the points ( I think) but I have no idea how to use/maximize them. if anyone can/want to help me id me more than happy to take some advise- pls pm me  ;D

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2017, 04:28:51 PM »
same here just got email cancellation :(. not gonna lie tho after reading all those TRs (especially Barry Lincoln's) I really want to now. I have the points ( I think) but I have no idea how to use/maximize them. if anyone can/want to help me id me more than happy to take some advise- pls pm me  ;D
Offer an incentive and you'll see the offers flood in
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2017, 09:03:45 AM »

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2017, 10:24:18 AM »
Very cool, but I fail to understand why they felt so compelled to say that the readership is mostly Jewish?  It almost felt like they were trying to imply that Emirates cancelled the tickets because most of those who booked were Jewish.

Offline Denverite

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2017, 12:28:51 PM »
Very cool, but I fail to understand why they felt so compelled to say that the readership is mostly Jewish?  It almost felt like they were trying to imply that Emirates cancelled the tickets because most of those who booked were Jewish.

I think it's because it's a lighthearted article and that's why he said at the end Dan told DDFers to appeal to a "Higher Authority" for help...the DOT. I wouldn't be surprised if the author is an avid follower of Dan.  ;)

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2017, 02:01:04 PM »
I think it's because it's a lighthearted article and that's why he said at the end Dan told DDFers to appeal to a "Higher Authority" for help...the DOT. I wouldn't be surprised if the author is an avid follower of Dan.  ;)

Hah you're right! Missed that last bit...

Offline CR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2017, 08:47:58 PM »
Very strange thing just happened. I booked these flights through amex travel and noticed today that the charges were not refunded on my credit card and when I login to the amex portal they are are no where to be found. Called amex travel and she confirmed the flights and told me to check on emirates using the record locator. (She also said the travel portal was having issues showing upcoming trips) Just checked on Emirates and its showing confirmed, ticketed etc (something that 24 hours after the initial purchase was showing as an error, which I assumed bc it was cancelled.) I decided to call emirates and they confirmed the entire booking in detail.

Btw I never got a cancellation email from amex or emirates themselves. Just wondering if anyone had similar experience?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:10:04 PM by CR »

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2017, 04:35:32 AM »
Very strange thing just happened. I booked these flights through amex travel and noticed today that the charges were not refunded on my credit card and when I login to the amex portal they are are no where to be found. Called amex travel and she confirmed the flights and told me to check on emirates using the record locator. (She also said the travel portal was having issues showing upcoming trips) Just checked on Emirates and its showing confirmed, ticketed etc (something that 24 hours after the initial purchase was showing as an error, which I assumed bc it was cancelled.) I decided to call emirates and they confirmed the entire booking in detail.

Btw I never got a cancellation email from amex or emirates themselves. Just wondering if anyone had similar experience?

Consider yourself extremely lucky, but I see you have a low post count here. Please allow me to offer you some very important advice: NEVER, EVER call the airline in situations like these!  If the booking says confirmed and ticketed -- then it is!  Had you landed a knowledgeable rep. who was aware of the circumstances, your tickets could have been canceled!