Topic Wiki

UPDATE:
@JoeyShmoe did a great job creating a Chrome Extension and a Firefox Extension to save us all the hassle of setting up a bookmarklet. The extension will place a button on any Amazon product page. When you click the button it will copy a link to your clipboard, which you can paste into any DDF post. The post will then contain the product title, image, and a working link to the product.

Thanks @JoeyShmoe!

NEW OPTION!
Works on mobile or desktop
Telegram Bot | Website

---

For anyone who doesn't want to install a browser extension, read below how to set up the bookmarklet:

Here is a bookmarklet that will make a DD link from any amazon item page, and format it with the title and an image so you can paste it into a DDF post.

Example:

Little Tikes Rocking Horse Magenta ($34.07)

(Not sure what a bookmarklet is? Read more about them in this thread: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=61269.5.)

Here's how to install the bookmarklet:

1. If you don't currently see a row of bookmarks on the top of your browser, you will need to show the bookmarks bar.
- In Chrome, click the 3 vertical dots at the top right of your screen, click Settings, and click Always Show the Bookmarks Bar.
- In Firefox, click the 3 horizontal lines at the top right of your screen, and click Customize. Then click Show/Hide Toolbars (bottom left of your screen) and check off the Bookmarks Toolbar.

2. Copy the following code. (To do so, click the SELECT button and then press control-c on your keyboard.)
Code: [Select]
javascript: (function() {
    var pattern = new RegExp("(https:\/\/www.amazon.com\/).*([dg]p\/)(?:product\/)?(..........).*|(https:\/\/smile.amazon.com\/).*([dg]p\/)(?:product\/)?(..........).*", "i"),
        match = location.href.match(pattern),
        image = document.getElementById('landingImage').src;
    var price = "";
    if (document.getElementById('priceblock_dealprice') !== null) {
        price = " (" + document.getElementById('priceblock_dealprice').innerHTML + ")";
    } else if (document.getElementById('priceblock_ourprice') !== null) {
        price = " (" + document.getElementById('priceblock_ourprice').innerHTML + ")";
    }
    var URL = (match[1] !== undefined) ? match[1] + "dp/" + match[3] + "/?tag=cl03f-20&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER" : match[4] + "dp/" + match[6] + "/?tag=cl03f-20&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER";
    var result = "[url=" + URL + "]" + document.title + price + "[/url][br][br][url=" + URL + "][img]" + image + "[/img][/url]";
    if (document.execCommand('copy') !== false) {
        var ddLink = document.createElement('span'),
            range = document.createRange();
        ddLink.id = "ddLink";
        ddLink.innerText = result;
        document.body.appendChild(ddLink);
        range.selectNode(document.getElementById('ddLink'));
        window.getSelection().addRange(range);
        document.execCommand('copy');
        document.getElementById('ddLink').remove();
        setTimeout(function() {
            alert('DD link copied to clipboard...')
        }, 1000);
    } else {
        window.prompt("Press control-c", result);
    }
    void(0);
})()

3. To create the bookmarklet, right click on your bookmarks bar and click "Add page" (if you're in Chrome) or "New bookmark" (Firefox).

For the Name, enter whatever you want (eg: Dan Amazon link), and for the URL/Location enter the code above, which you already copied.

4. Click Save (Chrome) or Add (Firefox)

To use the bookmarklet, simply click on the bookmark you created (in step 3) when you are on any amazon product page. Follow the prompts (you may need to press control-c to copy what pops up), and then paste it into any DDF post.

Enjoy!

Disclaimer: The code might need a little tweaking, so let me know if you have a link that it doesn't work on. If there are any changes I will update the wiki.
« Last edited by Yo ssi on February 23, 2021, 07:57:42 PM »

Author Topic: Amazon DD Bookmarklet: Have Chrome Make A DDF Friendly Link On Amazon  (Read 351489 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
I just created a bookmarklet that will make a DD link from any amazon item page, and format it with the title so you can paste it into a DDF post.

Here's the code:
javascript:(function(){

var pattern = new RegExp("(https:\/\/www.amazon.com\/).*([dg]p\/)(?:product\/)?(..........).*", "i");
    var match = location.href.match(pattern);
    var URL = match[1] + "dp/" + match[3] +"/?tag=cl03f-20&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER";
window.prompt("Press control-c","[url="+URL+"]"+document.title+"[/url]");void(0);

})()

As a reminder, to create a bookmarklet, right click on your bookmarks bar and click "Add page" (if you're in Chrome) or "New bookmark" (Firefox).

For the Name, enter whatever you want (eg: Dan Amazon link), and for the URL/Location enter the code posted above.

Maybe a mod can add it to this thread: When Posting Amazon Deals, Please Make A DD Link

It might need a little tweaking, so let me know if you have a link that it doesn't work on.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
I think this deserves a HT
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon DD Bookmarklet
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 11:16:31 PM »
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
@etech0 Really a great piece of art work.
 Should be added to the original rules about posting an amazon link.(this is an amazing way to post when your on a computer, especially a computer which is yours.)
 While we're still using this simple machine forum layout, I think there should be an amazon link added to one of the buttons(next to the url and img presets.) to allow you to have an amazon link posted and leave you with the Asin to fill in.
(would be amazing to have for those using a mobile phone and for those addicts who will be on ddf from every computer they can get a hold off, which will allow them to post an amazon deal with a click of a button.)
 Thanks @Dan
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online etech0

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
@etech0 Really a great piece of art work.
Thank you
While we're still using this simple machine forum layout, I think there should be an amazon link added to one of the buttons(next to the url and img presets.) to allow you to have an amazon link posted and leave you with the Asin to fill in.
(would be amazing to have for those using a mobile phone and for those addicts who will be on ddf from every computer they can get a hold off, which will allow them to post an amazon deal with a click of a button.)
 Thanks @Dan
+1, especially if it could pull in the product title and an image
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Davidthebest

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2110
    • View Profile

Sorry Im so not familiar in the tech world... didn't understand what It says.. How would it format automatically into a DDF link, can someone please  explain step by step what I gota do?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Sorry Im so not familiar in the tech world... didn't understand what It says.. How would it format automatically into a DDF link, can someone please  explain step by step what I gota do?
This'll only be helpful on a computer.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
This'll only be helpful on a computer.
No way to make it work on my android  browser?

Online etech0

• View Profile
Thanks for the new title! One thing to note: bookmarklets work in all desktop browsers, not just Chrome.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
No

ETA: Now the question is why don't you have a laptop already?

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
No

Same reason why i don't have a office... Why do I need one?...

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Same reason why i don't have a office... Why do I need one?...
It's easier to make Amazon links and surf DDF on one of course.

Online etech0

• View Profile
Probably waiting for one that's LEOA

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
It's easier to make Amazon links and surf DDF on one of course.
Want to make me even more addicted ?

Offline myi

• View Profile
Want to make me even more addicted ?
There's not much more to be addicted to, then what you are. Lol ;) (you've reached the max! :)
Probably waiting for one that's LEOA
More like a $200 price drop.. that seems to be the new way to attract jj/dans attention for a post.
Like jj said no, but should you upgrade to a computer one of these days hit back to this thread and someone I'm sure wouldn't mind to help you out or even myself would show you what to do.

I just created a bookmarklet that will make a DD link from any amazon item page, and format it with the title so you can paste it into a DDF post.

Here's the code:
javascript:(function(){

var pattern = new RegExp("(https:\/\/www.amazon.com\/).*([dg]p\/)(?:product\/)?(..........).*", "i");
    var match = location.href.match(pattern);
    var URL = match[1] + "dp/" + match[3] +"/?tag=cl03f-20&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER";
window.prompt("Press control-c","[url="+URL+"]"+document.title+"[/url]");void(0);

})()

As a reminder, to create a bookmarklet, right click on your bookmarks bar and click "Add page" (if you're in Chrome) or "New bookmark" (Firefox).

For the Name, enter whatever you want (eg: Dan Amazon link), and for the URL/Location enter the code posted above.

Maybe a mod can add it to this thread: When Posting Amazon Deals, Please Make A DD Link

It might need a little tweaking, so let me know if you have a link that it doesn't work on.
In chrome it's the same you still have to make a fresh bookmark and then once your in the bookmark you can right click and find the text add page.

Thank you+1, especially if it could pull in the product title and an image
Any way to add that feature to yours where you would be able to pull the picture of the product to your link and post it for you as well, if yes that would be truly an amazing piece of artwork, not that this is not one.
 @etech0
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online etech0

• View Profile
Any way to add that feature to yours where you would be able to pull the picture of the product to your link and post it for you as well, if yes that would be truly an amazing piece of artwork, not that this is not one.
 @etech0
Not that I know of offhand, but I'll keep it in mind.

Offline CreamofSoup

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
@etech0, if I want it to force amazon smile as well as the DD details I just change the "www." to "smile.", right?

Offline myi

• View Profile
@etech0, if I want it to force amazon smile as well as the DD details I just change the "www." to "smile.", right?
Try that and see what happens.

Offline CreamofSoup

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Try that and see what happens.

Good call. It does!

Online stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
There's not much more to be addicted to, then what you are. Lol ;) (you've reached the max! :)

+1 it's unprecedented!

David, you slept for less then 5 hours?

If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.