Author Topic: Heartland America - huge scam!!!  (Read 3017 times)

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Heartland America - huge scam!!!
« on: June 01, 2011, 02:32:10 PM »
I'd like to know if anybody else had such experiences with heartlandamerica.com, that a whole bunch of scammers:
1. i bought an item online, got a notice from them that I'll receive an invoice within 2-3 business days, actually got it after 3 weeks.
2. After 3 weeks I got a letter that this item is not in stock, will get it within 2 months.
3. A few days later, got an email that this item might not arrive.
4. I sent an email complaining about the situation, got a reply a week (!) after that, that they removed the $1.99 processing fee, what a bargain!!!.
5. the item finally arrived, not assembled at all, a think that wasn't mentioned at all even by the fine prints.
6. they officially offer $10 rebate on most items, actually you get a gift card that can't even be used online, only over the phone where everything is much more expensive.\
7. they offer $10 for referring a friend, by calling in non of the reps see this credit on your account.
8. by processing an order, you get charged after the first click, vs. all reliable websites that take you a few steps.
9. they have nasty customer service, I'd never seen before.
10. their reps don't have a bit information on no issue, like using gift cards online, I called in 3 times, every time I got a different answer, 1- you could, 2 - you couldn't, don't know why, 3 - no rep knows info about the online we have different program.
11. they claim to have CS 24/7, but at night you'll wait at least an hour, and after that get someone straight from sleep.
In total, they're here to trap you and suck you out, without giving a dam.
Beware!!!

These are all just from my experience, you could find a lot more by googling heartland america scam.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline yaakov s

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Heartland America - huge scam!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 02:44:11 PM »
I think they are cousins with My Harvest America  :)

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Heartland America - huge scam!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 02:49:20 PM »
havent had any experience with them lately but i used to purchase quite a bit from them 6-7 years ago and had no issues at all. mind you they were all purchased over the phone.