Author Topic: EY-Apartments: 2 adults 1 child 1 infant possible?  (Read 1627 times)

Offline jewdkoff

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
EY-Apartments: 2 adults 1 child 1 infant possible?
« on: May 21, 2017, 05:24:09 PM »
Hi everyone,

I was hoping for some advice on this. I'm trying to get 2 adults 1 young child and an infant into EY apartments and was hoping for some ideas. I see 2 seats available from AUH to JFK on two flights on the same day.

Option 1, is it possible to book these flights and then combine them into the same flight? Maybe book the infant on one flight alone and then aviation laws require EY to re-book the infant to fly with the adults?

Option 2, book 2F and 1J+infant fare and then move between cabins. It seems like you could fit everyone in F if they allow it. Does anyone have experience with the flight attendants doing this? I could book the child in J and then they would be compelled to have the child sit with the adults.

Thanks!

Offline IsraelGuy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: EY-Apartments: 2 adults 1 child 1 infant possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 06:04:00 PM »
Hi everyone,

I was hoping for some advice on this. I'm trying to get 2 adults 1 young child and an infant into EY apartments and was hoping for some ideas. I see 2 seats available from AUH to JFK on two flights on the same day.

Option 1, is it possible to book these flights and then combine them into the same flight? Maybe book the infant on one flight alone and then aviation laws require EY to re-book the infant to fly with the adults?

Option 2, book 2F and 1J+infant fare and then move between cabins. It seems like you could fit everyone in F if they allow it. Does anyone have experience with the flight attendants doing this? I could book the child in J and then they would be compelled to have the child sit with the adults.

Thanks!

While it's possible (and I personally looked into this for a flight myself) there are no guarantees and in general the policy is not to allow people to move between cabins- even infants/ children. I don't think either of you're two options are realistic. We booked two people on each on two flights in F and when the availability opened the Sunday before the flight (like it almost always does) we called to have them switch the last leg (which was the EY A380 leg). Of course YMMV but that's the only way I know of that's remotely close to getting 4 people in EY F. Other issue is lap infants sometimes get charged 20% infant fare on EY so that can be about 2K depending on the route.

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
EY-Apartments: 2 adults 1 child 1 infant possible?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 06:22:45 PM »
Possible that they'd let with one additional kid or if you purchased f for everyone but I HIGHLY DOUBT you could pull off what you're looking to do. And I'm assuming youre looking to save $$$ not just cram everyone into one seat. Also, you'd have to lie about ages since young children can't be in a cabin without adult (and infants can't be booked on flight alone). And lap infants will be expensive.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:28:40 PM by EJB »

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 06:27:53 PM »
Option 1, no.

Option 2, no.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline jewdkoff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 09:03:38 PM »
Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the input. Sounds like it may not be a possibility.

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver

Offline jewdkoff

• View Profile

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 12:17:54 AM »
3 people in an Eretz Yisroel apartment?

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 10:33:38 AM »
3 people in an Eretz Yisroel apartment?
You're kidding, right?

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 10:36:44 AM »
You're kidding, right?
Actually when I saw the title my first thought was this. But then after a second I remembered where I was and translated to the local language. ;)