Topic Wiki

https://chrissmith.house.gov/contact/zipauth.htm

type in 08701 for zip code

Quote from Cholent:

"If we believe we can't afford as a country to provide this benefit as it stands, then cut evenly across the board, or identify less at risk groups, like healthy adults, and cut them from the program. Cutting benefits from children from large families is a moral judgment that poor people should not have large families."
« Last edited by Baruch on May 24, 2017, 10:52:09 PM »

Author Topic: Budget to penalize large families!  (Read 14280 times)

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Budget to penalize large families!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 03:28:08 PM »
Not to mention, that people aren't supposed to be dependent on these subsidies, they are only to assist you to get to a point where you can support yourself.
but what does that have to do with only cutting it for large families?

And what does it have to do with the many families, where both parents work, and need FS to survive?

Why is your knee jerk reaction to defend a disastrous proposal for many frum large families?

Perhaps you just don't care enough.
When somebody thanks you for a favor you've done, respond "my pleasure", not "no problem".

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 03:29:32 PM »
whatever.

Whoever cares about the many many large frum families who are genuinely poor, and need FS to feed their families, please caontact your congressman.

Everyone else, please go back to your self righteous pathetic holes.
Why is it the governments responsibility to  feed them? Take what they are giving you and say thank you.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 03:32:34 PM »

And what does it have to do with the many families, where both parents work, and need FS to survive?

Why is your knee jerk reaction to defend a disastrous proposal for many frum large families?

First of all, why are you assuming I'm not one of these families, or don't come from one of them? I just understand that what I get for free is a blessing and if I no longer receive it, that's life.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 03:33:17 PM »
Why is it the governments responsibility to  feed them? Take what they are giving you and say thank you.
So you don't care that the goverments policy is that FS is given to all children, besides for children from large families?

If you want to cut FS, that's a different discussion.

This is a proposal to just target large families.

And, BTW, this bill doesn't effect my family. Shockingly, I actually care about poor families.
When somebody thanks you for a favor you've done, respond "my pleasure", not "no problem".

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 03:34:37 PM »
So you don't care that the goverments policy is that FS is given to all children, besides for children from large families?

And, BTW, this bill doesn't effect my family. Shockingly, I actually dislike trump. :)
FTFY

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 03:35:11 PM »
First of all, why are you assuming I'm not one of these families, or don't come from one of them? I just understand that what I get for free is a blessing and if I no longer receive it, that's life.
I would perhaps agree with that sentiment, if they stopped FS altogether. But if they are targeting large families, I look at it at a direct attack on the frum community, and it's ideologies. (Let's be blunt, 50% of the effected would be frum)

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 03:36:47 PM »
FTFY
I don't dislike him. I hate him.

But, honestly, this has nothing to do with that.

When was the last time I posted anything political on these forums?

This bill will cause massive poverty in your communities.

Why am I facing so much opposition!?!

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 03:37:18 PM »

And, BTW, this bill doesn't effect my family. Shockingly, I actually care about poor families.
You really can't understand this can you? It's not looked at per child amount, that's just how they decide an amount to give you. Regardless they are cutting the total you are receiving as a benefit, not an entitlement. Learn to be happy with what you have. And how dare you accuse me of not caring for the poor! If you had any clue who I was or where I came from, I highly doubt you'd be saying that.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 03:39:10 PM »
I don't dislike him. I hate him.

But, honestly, this has nothing to do with that.

When was the last time I posted anything political on these forums?

This bill will cause massive poverty in your communities.

Why am I facing so much opposition!?!
i wasnt getting involved in that discussion. just saying you cant stand the guy and claim the reason you are against the bill is cuz you care so much for poor families. the optics do not look like that. FTR many kollelim that give money per kid cap it after a few kids and they definitely are not against large families.

Offline precise

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 03:40:06 PM »

Some genius leftist with a rich history of fake news issues a report and you buy it all and are already sending people to call their congressmen?!?! Relax a bit. I guarantee you if you will read other articles from other sources you'll see so much benefits to this budget that you might send people to call their congress representatives to support it.

Generally speaking a good economy is much much better for Everybody including the FRUM community than having food stamps. What good did Obama do by increasing the food stamps if the economy was down the drain and food costed more?

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 03:40:41 PM »
You really can't understand this can you? It's not looked at per child amount, that's just how they decide an amount to give you. Regardless they are cutting the total you are receiving as a benefit, not an entitlement. Learn to be happy with what you have. And how dare you accuse me of not caring for the poor! If you had any clue who I was or where I came from, I highly doubt you'd be saying that.
I'm judging you by your words.

To be so indifferent to a bill that would cause widespread poverty in our communities, no matter what the justification, can only come from indifference IMHO.

Rav Elchonon Hy"d asked a bachur for a sefer to borrow, the bachur replied : "I b'shita don't lend my seforim", Rav Elchonon replied "b'kitzur you're b'shita an achzar".

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2017, 03:41:58 PM »
Some genius leftist with a rich history of fake news issues a report and you buy it all and are already sending people to call their congressmen?!?! Relax a bit. I guarantee you if you will read other articles from other sources you'll see so much benefits to this budget that you might send people to call their congress representatives to support it.

Generally speaking a good economy is much much better for Everybody including the FRUM community than having food stamps. What good did Obama do by increasing the food stamps if the economy was down the drain and food costed more?
I meant to call your congressmen to gut this proposal from the bill. The rest of the bill is another discussion

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2017, 03:43:34 PM »
I'm judging you by your words.

To be so indifferent to a bill that would cause widespread poverty in our communities, no matter what the justification, can only come from indifference IMHO.

Rav Elchonon Hy"d asked a bachur for a sefer to borrow, the bachur replied : "I b'shita don't lend my seforim", Rav Elchonon replied "b'kitzur you're b'shita an achzar".
a good amount of these families might not even qualify for food stamps if they didn't get paid under the table. To each their own. I'm no fan of the government taking my hard earned money, but it's a 2 way street.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2017, 03:44:43 PM »
Ha! And all the DDF "experts" thought that astroglide would be the popcorn thread!

Offline asd

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2017, 03:51:20 PM »
The issue here is having rachmunos on your fellow jew  even if you don't agree with the policy we are called rachmunim b'nei rachmunim for a reason ( even if it doesn't comport to your political views)