Author Topic: 300 Membership Rewards Points for Using Amex Platinum at Delta SkyClubs  (Read 2199 times)

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Does anyone know about these coupons they are handing out?  Apparently if you use your Platinum card to access the Delta lounges during May and June they will give you a 300 point coupon for Amex -- My q is if I get a coupon with my cancelled Amex Platinum card will Amex allow me to add the points to my account still? Does anyone know how these points work? I'll be flying next week and will be able to hit up a bunch of different lounges- I just want to make sure getting all those coupons is worth my time!
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Spiffster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
if you have an amex card that participates in MR, you should get the points.  the card has a code.  you go online and fill out a form, you get an email confirmation from amex and then the points post to your account.  i've had to call and complain to get the points credited.  every time.  60 or so certificates so far....

Offline EliH

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Can you please post a registration link

Offline dans fan

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
if you have an amex card that participates in MR, you should get the points.  the card has a code.  you go online and fill out a form, you get an email confirmation from amex and then the points post to your account.  i've had to call and complain to get the points credited.  every time.  60 or so certificates so far....
do u work in a airport

Offline Spiffster

• View Profile

no registration link is required for the certificates.  when you enter a sky club using your amex plat card, they give you the cert.  if they don't, ask for one.  then ask for a second one as a "fine" for not giving it to you without asking.  with a smile.  it works.....    ;)

Offline Spiffster

• View Profile
i'm a self-employed business/technology consultant who has a number of airports as clients.    i do spend a lot of time in airports but when i'm working at the airport, i don't get travel benefits.  all my certs were obtained while flying.

i used to hit the crown room back when i had an actual crown room membership but they started getting po'd at me at a couple airports because I wasn't actually flying that day.  buying a refundable ticket to score some biscoffs and make a few phone calls in private just wasn't worth it after a while.  now, i just find an empty conference room to make calls.

do u work in a airport

Offline sky121

• View Profile

I don't believe there is a registration link.  You just need to have a Platinum Amex and get the actual certificate at the lounge  -

Offline sky121

• View Profile

My amex platinum card is expired though - will the points still post? I still have my Amex Gold card active so my MR rewards is still good -
What do you think?

Offline Spiffster

• View Profile

I think you're good: The certs say "You must be enrolled in the US Membership Rewards program to redeem this certificate".   

If you only had the expired Plat, you could  get the certs and then apply for a card later.  But the certs this week expire at the end of June so you'd need to apply quickly.

My amex platinum card is expired though - will the points still post? I still have my Amex Gold card active so my MR rewards is still good -
What do you think?