Topic Wiki

Please follow the following rules when posting in this thread. Failure to do so may result in you request being ignored or deleted.

(If you are looking to purchase a paid ticket, please post here)

FAQs:

Q: How can I use my credit card points to book a USA-TLV ticket?
A: Please read Dan's very helpful and informative guides found here and here

Great tool to see the mileage cost for a route http://www.awardhacker.com

Q: Do I have to pay a lot of money when using miles for a ticket?

A: Sometimes. For more information read this

Q: How do I find award availability?
A: For Star Alliance (United, AirCanada, Lufthansa, Swiss, and others) see this guide

For OneWorld (AmericanAirlines, BritishAirways, Iberia, Malev, and more) You can use BA's award search engine (you need to have a free BA account to access the engine). In addition, you can use Qantas' engine (free account needed as well), which will (to an extent) search Elal. As of this posting, the Elal business flights that show up are coach, and vice verse.

For Delta and AirFrance, use their respective sites. While not perfect, they are quite manageable for the casual searcher.

And of course, many of us here will take time out to help someone who is trying to learn.

Q: All this searching is making me crazy. Is there an easier way?
A: Yes, but it might cost you. Check out AwardNexus.com, KVStool.com, and expertflyer.com.

Q: I see AirCanada availability, but when I call AirCanada they say I can't use my United miles with them. Aren't they partners?
A: You can only use miles with the airline that issued them. Through that airline (in our case United) they can issue a ticket on a partner (ie AirCanada). Trying to call AirCanada with United miles, is like trying to use shekels in Mexico.

Q: I can't find availability on my dates. What should I do?
A: You should try to be as flexible as possible. Can you add a stop or 2? Can you be more flexible with your dates? The airports?
If all else fails, keep trying. Availability is constantly opening up.

Q: Can someone please help me find a ticket?
A: No! Find it yourself.  ;D ;D Just kidding. Please copy the following lines, delete the non bolded parts, and fill it out in your post.

One way/Round-trip:
Non-stop/Maximum stops/Any:
To: All airports which you can arrive at. For multiple destinations, just keep adding this line
Departure dates: All possible dates that you can depart on. Please be as specific as possible.
Return airports:If different from 'To' line. Delete this line for One-way tickets
Return dates: Delete this line for One-way tickets
Class: First/Business/Coach/Any
Seats: Total number of people traveling over the age of 2
Alliance/Airline: What airline or alliance are you looking to fly with

IF you have any airline status or credit cards (Ie, United CC or status) that gives extended seat availability, please add that. Would be helpful to find you correct availability.

An additional note about using miles for direct flights from NYC-TLV

NYC-TLV is only served by 3 carriers non-stop, United, Delta, and El Al. Saver availability on Delta is non-existent. Saver availability on United is rare but sometimes available close-in. It is almost never available on or near holidays or holiday weekends, or around yomim tovim. Any award space that opens will be snatched up immediately so you have to constantly be checking if you hope to snag it if/when it opens. El AL awards are more readily available but prohibitively expensive using Matmid points (El Al's frequent flyer program) but may be able to be booked using Quantas points (transfers from Citi & Amex) at a much more reasonable rate.

This leaves the following options if no saver availability:

The Chase travel portal will let you use Ultimate Rewards, or a combination or UR and cash to book flights. If you have a Sapphire Reserve or a Sapphire Preferred, the redemption rate will be 1.5 cents per point or 1.25 cents per point respectively, instead of the regular 1 cent per point without them. (A, Ink cash or Ink Preferred will also give you the 1.25 cpp redemption rate.)

The Amex travel portal will let you redeem points at 1 cent per point towards the cost of air travel. If you have a grandfathered Business Platinum card, you will get 50% of the points you redeem back around a month after you book the ticket. If you have a non-grandfathered card, you will get 35% of your points back. (This is only available when redeeming points for tickets on your selected American carrier in economy class or on any airline in business or first class.)

The Citi travel portal also lets you redeem points at 1 cent per point towards travel and seems to have better pricing on El Al in business class.

Alternatively, you can sell your points (not here on DDF) and use the cash to buy regular tickets. This is usually the best option for people without either a Chase Sapphire Reserve or grandfathered Business Platinum who are flying economy.

Those are your only options for nonstop travel. For options with a stopover and more information in general, see https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/milespoints/the-ultimate-israel-mileage-award-chart/

This keeps on getting asked over and over. Besides Dan's comprehensive list of how to get to, or from, TLV here is a short list of options for travel to or from NYC in Y:
Lowest point per RT is FB 50K (less with promo, but YQ of ~$500 unless you can find unicorn DL availability), AA 80k (AA metal for transatlantic), AC 80k (LX or LO for low YQ) and UA 85k. Half that for OW.

Please add any other information to this wiki that you feel might be useful.

Author Topic: Need help finding a ticket? Post here! Award ticket edition (Master thread)  (Read 1856762 times)

Offline Shmuel2020

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I am willing to pay $50 or 4000 points to someone who can help me find the following and book it.

Round trip
Maximum stops 2 Preferred stop in England to visit relatives in Manchester
To: TLV
Departure dates: 7/24 -8/5
Return dates: 8/5-8/15
Class: Any
Seats: 2 with lap child
Any alliance.

This request is for a flight for me and my wife and my baby daughter (20 Months)

I am interested in traveling to EY between July 24th and Aug. 14th with a stop over in Switzerland or England to visit relatives in Manchester for approximately two days. England preferred over Switzerland. Total trip time is flexible, but we would like about 10 - 14 days total with 7-10 days in Israel. Would like to book hotels in Israel for at least part of the time, if there is enough points left to do so.

We have 123,000 UR points and 51k AMEX points and 32k united miles and we are waiting for 50k BA points to clear.

If you can help, feel free to email me directly at ginji3@gmailDOTcom.

Thank You!

Offline planless

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
One way/Round trip: ROUND TRIP
Non-stop/Maximum stops/Any: MAX 1
To: MAN
Departure dates: JULY 31
Return dates: AUG 13
Class: ANY
Seats: 5
Alliance/Airline: ANY

Thanks

Offline tuvz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
One way/Round trip: Round trip
Non-stop/Maximum stops/Any: Any
To: Tel Aviv ISR
Departure dates: August 5th (+1/-1 day)
Return dates: August 21st (+1/-1 day)
Class: Business
Seats: 3
Alliance/Airline: Any, give me some options please
i have UR, United, DL, Amex, Spg, AA

Offline notanonymous

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
After reading through the wikis and posts, can someone please confirm and/or comment if you think I am on the right track.  My goal is a trip to Israel for my family (9 people, 2 under two - maybe both on our laps, maybe a seat for one or both).  The dates are next summer, but too far in advance to look for tickets.  I want to make sure that I am accumulating miles properly.  I currently have (between my wife and my accounts):

United: 71k (I sm'd for two cards to get matched at 55k for each, if we get it, that would give us 111k)
US Air: 80k (hopefully next month, we'll have 110k)
American: 31k
Starwood: 26k (after spending requirements, it will be around 90k)
Amex: 58k (after spending requirements, it will be 110k)
Chase: 8k (after spending requirements, it will be 100k)
Lufthansa: 0k (after spending requirements, it will be 55k)

It is my understanding that United, US Air, and Lufthansa are all members of the Star Alliance.  Also, Starwood, Amex, and Chase can be transferred to a Star Alliance member.  So, if I need on average 80k miles per ticket, for a total of 720k miles, after meeting my requirements, I will have a total of 566k miles (almost to my goal).  With those miles I'll need to do some research to piece it all together, but I should be able to get award tickets that way.

Did I sum it up correctly?  Any mistakes?  Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 03:16:55 AM by notanonymous »

Offline chucksterace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
ONE WAY
Maximum stops/Any: ANY
To: JFK, EWR
Departure dates: JULY 18
Class: COACH/BUSINESS
Seats: 1
Alliance/Airline: HAVE UNITED MILES FOR STAR ALLIANCE.
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
After reading through the wikis and posts, can someone please confirm and/or comment if you think I am on the right track.  My goal is a trip to Israel for my family (9 people, 2 under two - maybe both on our laps, maybe a seat for one or both).  The dates are next summer, but too far in advance to look for tickets.  I want to make sure that I am accumulating miles properly.  I currently have (between my wife and my accounts):

United: 71k (I sm'd for two cards to get matched at 55k for each, if we get it, that would give us 111k)
US Air: 80k (hopefully next month, we'll have 110k)
American: 31k
Starwood: 26k (after spending requirements, it will be around 90k)
Amex: 58k (after spending requirements, it will be 110k)
Chase: 8k (after spending requirements, it will be 100k)
Lufthansa: 0k (after spending requirements, it will be 55k)

It is my understanding that United, US Air, and Lufthansa are all members of the Star Alliance.  Also, Starwood, Amex, and Chase can be transferred to a Star Alliance member.  So, if I need on average 80k miles per ticket, for a total of 720k miles, after meeting my requirements, I will have a total of 566k miles (almost to my goal).  With those miles I'll need to do some research to piece it all together, but I should be able to get award tickets that way.

Did I sum it up correctly?  Any mistakes?  Thanks in advance.

Setting aside all the rest, the odds you'll find 7+ awards on the same flight to TLV is very unlikely.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Elineger

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Non-stop/Maximum stops/Any: ANY.

To: TLV
Departure dates: AUG 25-sept 12 any date besides holiday and Saturday

Return dates: Can be one way but if need return end of December January
Class: Business
Seats: 2
Alliance/Airline:have all points

Please help thank you

Offline KidOOO

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Looking for a one way from TLV to NYC on Aug 4th

Couldn't find any BA viability or Flying Blue, i do have many Chase/amex points

One way/Round trip: one way
Non-stop/Maximum stops/Any: 2, non stop always better
To: NYC All airports
Departure dates: 08/04/2013
Alliance/Airline: any

Thanks in advance!

I am willing to do the legwork, just need to be pointed in the right direction.

1. If i call flying blue, can they find delta availability even when their website does not show? ( i am looking for the 25K one way award)

2. should i try united/star alliance? i tried searching on ANA but couldn't find anything, where else can i search, or should i call an airline in star alliance?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
1. Unlikely. If it isn't available at the low level on DL.com, AF 99% won't be able to book it.

2.  Why would you NOT try *A? Use UA.com first.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile

2.  Why would you NOT try *A? Use UA.com first.

Thanks for reply. I checked, this is lowest i can find: Standard Award 75,000 Miles and $48.27 for one way Per person. Seems very high.

Anywhere else i may have a chance of finding something?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
UA.com is your best bet for *A, but not the only one. ANA also is useful sometimes.

But try the other alliances.

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
UA.com is your best bet for *A, but not the only one. ANA also is useful sometimes.

But try the other alliances.

So is there a chance of finding *A even if nothing showing up on UA and ANA?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
So is there a chance of finding *A even if nothing showing up on UA and ANA?

VERY unlikely.

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
VERY unlikely.

Thanks, i'll start looking elsewhere

Offline dn1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Round trip:
Non-stop/Maximum stops/Any:any
To: tlv and nearby
Departure dates: july 31
Return airports: nyc and nearby
Return dates: august 6
 Fexible 1-2 days before or ahead
Class: cheapest available
Alliance/Airline: i have chase and amex points

i will give a monetary compensation to whoever helps me get something i'll use

if u want u cud call 3475229827 and lv msg.

Ps. my posts never get answered cud someone pls tell me why 

thanx alot!

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Round trip:
Non-stop/Maximum stops/Any:any
To: tlv and nearby
Departure dates: july 31
Return airports: nyc and nearby
Return dates: august 6
 Fexible 1-2 days before or ahead
Class: cheapest available
Alliance/Airline: i have chase and amex points

i will give a monetary compensation to whoever helps me get something i'll use

if u want u cud call 3475229827 and lv msg.

Ps. my posts never get answered cud someone pls tell me why 

thanx alot!
Probably better off in this thread posting in this thread.
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=7985.0

Offline nocknock

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
NYC to DEN

7/28 return 8/1 night or 8/2 early morning

Cheapest millage avail I have all of them enough

2 Adults

Offline gtyossi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
One way/Round trip: Round Trip
Non-stop/Maximum stops/Any: non stop
To:LGA, JFK
Departure dates: AUG 25
Return airports: LGA, JFK
Return dates: AUG 26
Class: ANY
Alliance/Airline:
Amex :75,000
chase Ultimate rewards: 100,000
DELTA 80,000

I PREFER DELTA BECAUSE OF THE CONVENIENCE AND AVAILABILITY OF FLIGHTS BUT THEY ARE ASKING 32,500 FOR EARLY FLIGHT OUT AND LATE FLIGHT BACK. ARE THERE ANY BETTER OPTIONS TO MAXIMIZE TIME IN NY WITH LESS POINTS? There isnt any good availability with American on Avios. I want to Depart early in the morning and return in the evening on the 26th or first flight out on the 27th.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
To: lax
Departure dates: july 17 or day later
One way
Alliance/Airline: anything besides tk

thanks guys

Offline anolanr

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
One way/Round trip: RT
Non-stop/Maximum stops/Any: I would like to stopver for 4-6 days and then contine to TLV
To: Pari---then TLV, MAD---tlv, Italy---tlv- any of those work
Departure dates: 8/1, 8/2, 8/3, 8/4
Return airports:NY area
Return dates: 8/17-8/20
Class: Any (lowest amount of points)
Alliance/Airline: What airline or alliance are you looking to fly with: AA miles (so brotish or AA family)

Please helppppp.  I am being offered 1.4 per mile but think if i just book it myself it will be more wirth it