Topic Wiki

DDMS post

http://fave.co/2sp5YkF

Must be a Verizon customer bringing new lines to Sprint.

Phones Included:

Apple iPhone 5C (Verizon only)
    Apple iPhone 5S (Verizon only)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Apple iPhone 6 Plus
    Apple iPhone 6S
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Apple iPhone 7 (Verizon only)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon only)
    Apple iPhone SE
    Google Nexus 5 (Verizon only)
    Google Nexus 5X
    Google Nexus 6
    Google Nexus 6P
    Google Pixel
    Google Pixel XL
    Motorola E4
    Motorola Z2 Play
    Motorola G4
    Motorola G4 Play
    Motorola G4 Plus
    Motorola G5 Plus
    Motorola X Pure Edition
    Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Special Edition
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Special Edition
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Special Edition
    Samsung Galaxy S8+ Special Edition

Plan details:

Bring your eligible phone to Sprint and get FREE Unlimited data, talk and text for one year. There’s no annual contract and you can keep your phone, number, accessories, photos, apps and music. It’s really that simple.

You’ll get Sprint’s fully-featured Unlimited including:

Unlimited data, talk and text
    HD streaming:
        Video at speeds up to 1080p
        Music at up to 1.5mbps
        Gaming streams at up to 8mbps
        Unlimited 4G LTE data for most everything else. Data deprioritization applies during congestion.
    10GB of high-speed data per line to use toward mobile hotspot, VPN and Peer-2-Peer usage. Once your 10GB is used up:
        Continue at up to 2G speeds (32 Kbps) on our network for no additional cost, or
        Purchase more on-network high-speed data for $15/1GB to tide you over for the rest of your bill cycle

This introductory pricing:

Free service for 1 year for new customers who switch to Sprint and sign up on sprint.com/1yearfree between 6/9/17 and 6/30/17. Save until 7/31/18.
        You'll save more than $900 (compared to Verizon’s one-line unlimited rate plan) in the first year
        Switch your whole family and save even more!
        A standard $1.99 admin fee, $0.40 regulatory fee and other taxes and fees apply
        Your $30 activation fee is waived as part of this promotion. The fee will appear on your first bill and a credit will appear within 2 bills.
    Requires a Sprint SIM card, eBill and Sprint AutoPay ($5/mo./line discount applied within two invoices)
        If AutoPay is cancelled, you’ll pay $5/mo./line
        If AutoPay and eBill are removed, a $7.99/mo. charge will apply for Account Spending Limit customers
            Your Spending Limit is the monthly maximum amount of spending per phone on your account based on your credit decision
            For accounts with multiple phones, the total spending limit is calculated as the number of phones on the account multiplied by the spending limit per phone
    Must be a Verizon customer bringing new lines to Sprint. You must own the phone(s) you're bringing to Sprint.
    After 7/31/18, pay:
        Line 1: $60/mo.
        Line 2: $40/mo.
        Lines 3-5: $30/mo/line
        Pricing shown with AutoPay. Add $5/mo./line without AutoPay

Author Topic: Free Sprint Unlimited plan (for 1 year)  (Read 98886 times)

Offline Eliyohu

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Free Sprint Unlimited plan (for 1 year)
« Reply #260 on: July 23, 2017, 04:07:43 PM »
Any data points on picking up the SIM card in a Sprint store?

Offline CtownBin

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 24, 2017, 01:56:46 AM »
Any data points on picking up the SIM card in a Sprint store?

Yes- This is the way I signed up for this plan, and I highly recommend it to everyone as the faster and easier way to activate. Instead of working with Sprint's fickle website and paying $13 for the SIM card and having to wait until it arrives, simply go to your nearest store and acquire the blank, unactivated SIMs there. Very often, they will give them away completely free in store, but even if they charge it's only $10. I went on 2 different occasions to get a SIM (since I decided later to add a second line), once I got the SIM for free and once I had to pay $10, so I came out way ahead. The only thing I'd recommend is- with Sprint, I was told that different phones require different SIMs, so make sure the store you are going to has the one you need- call the individual store to make sure and save the trip (Some stores actually don't carry SIMs at all).

Once you have the SIM, simply call the dedicated number for this plan, which is 866-782-8777. You can then complete the entire activation process in one step, with a representative, instead of having to deal with Sprint's website, wait for the SIM, and attempt to activate online. Here is the information you will need to have ready when you make this call:

-Your SSN
-Phone number you are porting in
-Your Account number to which your current, about-to-be-ported phone number is attached
-SSN and full legal name of the owner of that account, in case that's not you- this is important to obtain in advance
-IMEI of the eligible phone you're bringing
-ICCID of the SIM card you are now holding- this long, 19-20-ish digit number can be found on the package containing the SIM card, and also on the SIM itself.
-Your CC info, so they can enroll you in autopay on the spot and you don't have to worry about it later.

And that's it! With this info, the representative will activate your line immediately, and will give you instructions on how to complete activation by turning phone off/on with the SIM inserted, etc. I'd just caution to leave about 40 minutes for the call to make sure you have enough time and don't need to start over.

Also, as another DP- the rep informed me that they will take basically any number to port in, even prepaid, even if the line has only been set up for one day (as mine was, though it was post-paid). All you need to make sure is that you have the account number from your carrier, which hopefully should be possible to acquire even on prepaid, if not slightly annoying.

Good luck to everyone in signing up for this awesome deal!

Online myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #262 on: July 24, 2017, 04:23:11 AM »
Yes- This is the way I signed up for this plan, and I highly recommend it to everyone as the faster and easier way to activate. Instead of working with Sprint's fickle website and paying $13 for the SIM card and having to wait until it arrives, simply go to your nearest store and acquire the blank, unactivated SIMs there. Very often, they will give them away completely free in store, but even if they charge it's only $10. I went on 2 different occasions to get a SIM (since I decided later to add a second line), once I got the SIM for free and once I had to pay $10, so I came out way ahead. The only thing I'd recommend is- with Sprint, I was told that different phones require different SIMs, so make sure the store you are going to has the one you need- call the individual store to make sure and save the trip (Some stores actually don't carry SIMs at all).

Once you have the SIM, simply call the dedicated number for this plan, which is 866-782-8777. You can then complete the entire activation process in one step, with a representative, instead of having to deal with Sprint's website, wait for the SIM, and attempt to activate online. Here is the information you will need to have ready when you make this call:

-Your SSN
-Phone number you are porting in
-Your Account number to which your current, about-to-be-ported phone number is attached
-SSN and full legal name of the owner of that account, in case that's not you- this is important to obtain in advance
-IMEI of the eligible phone you're bringing
-ICCID of the SIM card you are now holding- this long, 19-20-ish digit number can be found on the package containing the SIM card, and also on the SIM itself.
-Your CC info, so they can enroll you in autopay on the spot and you don't have to worry about it later.

And that's it! With this info, the representative will activate your line immediately, and will give you instructions on how to complete activation by turning phone off/on with the SIM inserted, etc. I'd just caution to leave about 40 minutes for the call to make sure you have enough time and don't need to start over.

Also, as another DP- the rep informed me that they will take basically any number to port in, even prepaid, even if the line has only been set up for one day (as mine was, though it was post-paid). All you need to make sure is that you have the account number from your carrier, which hopefully should be possible to acquire even on prepaid, if not slightly annoying.

Good luck to everyone in signing up for this awesome deal!
Great info, curios what prepaid plan you used? Or post paid as you mentioned,also what device did you take to use? (does it have to be the device you used on verizon? Or any phone which im now porting to a qualified phone for the sprint service? 
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline YosefJ

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 24, 2017, 11:05:02 AM »
I have a Sprint sim card that had service on it from ringplus/ting a while ago.

Am I able to use it for this promo? There's no service on it right now and I want to sign up for this promo with the phone that the sim card was used in.

Offline Eliyohu

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 24, 2017, 11:59:52 AM »
I have a Sprint sim card that had service on it from ringplus/ting a while ago.

Am I able to use it for this promo? There's no service on it right now and I want to sign up for this promo with the phone that the sim card was used in.
They told me on the phone last night that you can use such a Sim card

Offline SearchGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 24, 2017, 01:16:24 PM »
Had I know all that, I'd save myself $15 (almost 2 baby walkers worth)...

Offline chbochur

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 24, 2017, 03:17:10 PM »
Anyone have success using a Galaxy S7 from cricket, their saying it's not eligible

Offline chbochur

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 24, 2017, 03:19:34 PM »
Anyone have success using a Galaxy S7 from cricket, their saying it's not eligible

Offline SearchGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 24, 2017, 03:25:07 PM »
A lot of times it's the number that is not eligible but it still says the phone is not eligible, try using a Google Number to check

Offline chbochur

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 24, 2017, 03:50:01 PM »
A lot of times it's the number that is not eligible but it still says the phone is not eligible, try using a Google Number to check
I called them and they said because it's not a S7 special edition

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: July 24, 2017, 05:37:50 PM »
+1

Offline Thingywingy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 24, 2017, 06:32:09 PM »
Why don't you guys get a google number for free, pay $3 to unlock, by me it showed approved after a few hours of requesting the port out (you can use any info for the port out pin can 123456, since Google doesn't require any info once the number is in unlocked status), called the Sprint porting line got it confirmed right away, I told this Indian outright that it's a Google number, I don't think they care
I'm a bit confused. You pay google $3 to make the number eligible to port? 
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline Live N Learn

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 24, 2017, 06:33:58 PM »

You could pay $3, and they'll allow you to port out the number.
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"

Offline SearchGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 24, 2017, 06:39:49 PM »
Yes

Offline YosefJ

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 24, 2017, 07:34:18 PM »

I just did it and it worked for me! Took 3 hours the whole process.

I'll explain so someone else can benefit from this info.

I have a Moto g4 with a sim card that was active on ringplus and Ting a while ago. The sim card wasn't active on any service when I called sprint.

I ported in a Google number (paid $3 to unlock it by Google).
The representative first wanted me to call Google to verify my account info but eventually just skipped that after trying to call Google and getting nowhere. I gave my phone number as the account number and voicemail pin as the pin number.

After everything was done the rep. told me that the port seemed to have some problem. And my phone wasn't activating by me. It just said configuring network on my  phone. Transferred me to porting Dept. and they said it was ok just had to wait 30 minutes to clear or something like that.

Waited 30 minutes and had phone service but no data. I saw on Slickdeals wiki of this deal, that some people had a problem on the Moto g4 for LTE and they suggested to add a sprint APN.

I did that and currently only have 3g data service (with voice) but I'm not getting any texts. Hopefully I'll figure out how to fix it.

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 24, 2017, 11:39:49 PM »
Look here and you'll see that the Sprint model supports a lot more LTE bands than the Verizon one, so it may have LTE on either phone, but the Sprint version will likely work better on Sprint
That's an SE and we are discussing the 6s. Willmyphonework.net confirms that the se a1723 works better than the se a1662.
What about th 5s? I did the transfer for family member and they are complaining about service...I'm wondering if the Verizon phone is the issue?
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 25, 2017, 01:29:53 PM »
What about th 5s? I did the transfer for family member and they are complaining about service...I'm wondering if the Verizon phone is the issue?
According to the willmyphonework.net site the vzw 5s is missing 1 band of LTE sprint uses. But what's strange is none of the 5s models have that band so maybe Sprint only started using that band after the 5s was made.
Talking about band 41 btw.
When u activated did the phone go thru the process to register on its own or did you do the ## codes to get it to configure with the network ?

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 25, 2017, 03:42:56 PM »
According to the willmyphonework.net site the vzw 5s is missing 1 band of LTE sprint uses. But what's strange is none of the 5s models have that band so maybe Sprint only started using that band after the 5s was made.
When u activated did the phone go thru the process to register on its own or did you do the ## codes to get it to configure with the network ?
How accurate is this site?  I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to get information from the carriers regarding my phone, yet this site provides it.

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 25, 2017, 05:27:00 PM »
It's a good site.

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 25, 2017, 09:11:00 PM »
im not sure if it answers the question but we called in to Sprint before inserting SIM. Never entered those #codes.