Author Topic: mens clothing stores in ny  (Read 12624 times)

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
Re: mens clothing stores in ny
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 11:22:18 AM »
I've never been able to find a good suit (yes suit  ;D) that fit well at Syms, maybe it was just my size though. I was able to get good Rockport shoes at about half price.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 11:59:58 AM by Avid Reader »

Offline DG

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 03:14:35 PM »
Believe it or not I'm a huge fan of The Hat Box. The suits are not that expensive and they last very long - and they're nice. Their hats are cheaper than Bencraft too. The only thing I would warn you is that they sell clearly fake brand name ties like Hermes. Otherwise, a good experience.

Their burberry ties are also fake. Also, not to mention names but some of their salesmen are a bit crazy V'hamaivin Yavin.

Offline DG

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 03:16:52 PM »
for shoes once you know your size with a given company i think the best way to go is ebay you got to keep on looking and you will find something. (i am a lot more apprehensive with clothes on ebay as many are fake (see all the ebay guides on spotting fakes) but with shoes as long as you know your size with that company(size varies from company to company) i think you are fine.

People sell fake shoes on ebay also.

Offline rover771

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 11:59:15 PM »
People sell fake shoes on ebay also.

you are right, but i think that shoes are a lot harder to fake.(shirts and pants are a lot easier just put on a fake label and only a discerning customer will be able to tell its not the right quality). i have bought a couple of pairs of shoes on ebay and b"h so far i did not have any problems.
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.