Author Topic: Talit, Kippot, and Ketubah for Wedding in New York  (Read 1239 times)

Offline ekimchi

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Talit, Kippot, and Ketubah for Wedding in New York
« on: June 12, 2017, 02:19:57 PM »
My fiance and I are getting married on Long Island next may, and live in Forest Hills. I would like to know where is a good place that has good quality and prices for a Talit for me and Kippot for me and my guests along with a Ketubah.

I heard Borough Park has a lot of good stores but am not sure where to go. Recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Talit, Kippot, and Ketubah for Wedding in New York
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 02:39:33 PM »
My fiance and I are getting married on Long Island next may, and live in Forest Hills. I would like to know where is a good place that has good quality and prices for a Talit for me and Kippot for me and my guests along with a Ketubah.

I heard Borough Park has a lot of good stores but am not sure where to go. Recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Mazel Tov! any major judaica store (such as eichlers) should be able to help you out.

Offline Yehuda_H

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 02:44:29 PM »
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/116337 - Eichlers in Boro Park or Flatbush is having 40% off of tallis now.

If you prefer to go straight to the manufacturer, Keter Judaica in Boro Park has a decent sized warehouse and can give you many options - black, white or blue stripes,  Light, Medium or "Heavy" (weight of the talis fabric, it's not *that* heavy but it usually lasts a little longer).
Malchut Judaica is just a block or two away IIRC, and has a very good selection as well - I personally find the fabric to be softer and less slippery than Keter's non-slip but it's also about 10-15% more expensive.
Greenfield Judaica also has a good selection, but i don't know anything about the products themselves.

If you take the Q64 bus from 71st Ave in Forest Hills to Main Street, check out Safra Judaica and Gift World Judaica you can get a feel for what you'd like.

Offline shmebeble

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 03:13:00 PM »

go to a place on main street in queens. The prices were much more reasonable for certain things.

Offline yitrap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 06:11:32 PM »
Mazel tov!

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile

Offline keemster26

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 04:15:55 PM »
Mazal Tov