Author Topic: Major Appliances Extended Service Warranty - Worth It? Experiences? (New Leaf)  (Read 6812 times)

Offline efflpetzel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Went online to open a case, was given a calendar with slots available. Was assigned to a local technician (Didn't seem like I had an option to choose, but maybe by email or phone it may be possible) Ended up being a local (Heimishe) service provider who sent his non-Jewish worker. No parts where needed.
Similar experience here,

I remember questioning the wisdom of getting the extended 5 year warranty but boy was I wrong, I'd say so far I got my money back X3

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
Similar experience here,

I remember questioning the wisdom of getting the extended 5 year warranty but boy was I wrong, I'd say so far I got my money back X3
Those warranties aren't priced for usage common in Jewish homes. That's why it makes sense to get them (especially with today's newer appliances which are more prone for failure, and for which repairs are costlier).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
I had a good experience on a Washer with ElectronicWarranty.com
Tried to get a quote on a new range, and it says they aren't offering new warranties at this time.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan