Author Topic: Dave Ramsey Financial Coach Live Training  (Read 7599 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Dave Ramsey Financial Coach Live Training
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2017, 12:12:15 PM »
You do not need to apply them in an extreme fashion

His entire philosophy is to apply them in extremes. There are some ideas of his that someone who does not prescribe to his philosophy can apply without going to extremes.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Mountain Man

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2017, 02:12:11 PM »
I like Dave but he can be quite extreme and the size of his house to me seems hypocritical. I also think he's mistaken telling you to expect 12% ror on growth mutual funds. I think the live training preys on the poor and vulnerable but it's entertainment and we're in a free country. He does discuss money though and this is a subject that is very much taboo and I think it's important for people to be more open on the subject.

On that note another person I like to listen to is Pete the Planner (www.petetheplanner.com). I like his podcasts a lot and really like his approach to a Power Percentage and Home Purchase. He seems to be a lot more down with reality than Dave imho.
Quote from: JTZ link=topic=10531.msg1695873
If you never had to eat crow then you lived one boring life.

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2017, 02:59:48 PM »
For someone with $30K in annual expenditures that's lighting ~$900 on fire. And you lose extended warranty, return protection, etc.
What's wrong with a little self control?
When it comes to fiscal responsibility some people cannot exercise self control. Not a knock on them, just a fact of life. Not everyone was born into a family where they learned responsibilities or have the willpower or self control to handle their finances properly. Money management is a learned skill. It doesnt just come by osmosis.

I deal with people all day who were/are fiscally irresponsible to a point where it has seriously affected their lives. For most people in that situation its good to get "small" and give up all the trappings of life with credit for some stability and then, if the situation allows it, ease into new credit.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.