https://www.bethjacobatlanta.org/ -Toco Hills
https://www.congariel.org/ - Dunwoody
https://www.bethtefillah.org/ - Sandy Springs

Updated Kashrus info:
https://kosheratlanta.org/local-info/

Activities & Attractions:

Dairy Restaurants:

Meat Restaurants:
  • Chai Peking - (Chinese) is located inside the Kroger in the Toco Hills Area and is always good eating. - 2205 Lavista Rd, Atlanta, GA 30329 ~ (404) 327-7810 ~ http://www.chaipeking.com/
  • FuegoMundo Wood-Fire Grill - South American restaurant (it is out of this world). Wings are a must (BBQ Wings with Spicy Sauce- mochada)! - 5590 Roswell Rd, Sandy Springs, GA 30342 ~ (404) 256-4330 ~ http://fuegomundo.com/
  • Kosher Atlanta Shawarma & Sandwiches - 2211 Savoy Dr Suit B, Atlanta, GA 30341 ~ http://www.atlantashawarma.com/
  • Toco Grill - Great shawarma, burgers etc. fast food with inside and outside seating. Delivery within 20 miles (includes ATL) - 1658 Lavista Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30329 ~ (404) 781-7482 ~ https://www.tocogrill.com/

Supermarkets & Takeout:
https://www.kroger.com/stores/grocery/ga/atlanta/toco-hills/011/00318
[/list]

Vegan Restaurants:

Sweets & Drinks:
  • Brusters Real Ice Cream - Many locations throughout Atlanta.
  • Cinnaholic - 2 locations in Atlanta.
  • QuikTrip - is a "Pilot-Like" gas station where almost all the drinks are kosher. QT is 7-11 on steroids. Most of the flavored coffees are under AKC (Cholov Stam).
  • Sublime Donuts - Delicious gourmet donuts and ice cream in the Toco Hills neighborhood. Open 24/7! - 2566 Briarcliff Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30329 ~ (404) 315-6899
A few Krispy Kreme locations have kosher certification.

Author Topic: Atlanta Master Thread  (Read 101183 times)

Offline world2see

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Atlanta Master Thread
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2015, 02:42:46 PM »
Anything kosher/minyanim near the Buckhead area? thank you

Offline sams

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2015, 10:37:30 PM »
Any place to get kosher besides Broadway tonight? Thanx

Offline ShlockDoc

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2015, 09:52:33 AM »
Any place to get kosher besides Broadway tonight? Thanx

Plenty. Check out the wiki.

Offline zow

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2015, 05:29:01 PM »
Is there any kosher food at Turner Field? My Google search seems to indicate answer is no.

If not, is there anything nearby? Everything in the wiki seem to be ~30min northeast of Turner Field.

Offline zow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2015, 10:57:55 PM »

Is there any kosher food at Turner Field? My Google search seems to indicate answer is no.

If not, is there anything nearby? Everything in the wiki seem to be ~30min northeast of Turner Field.
BUMP

Offline mochada

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2015, 01:46:37 PM »

Offline BarryLincoln

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, National Executive, Hertz Five Star
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2015, 12:20:31 AM »
Travelling for business with DW.  What's the most attractive location to stay in - Buckhead or Downtown?  Closest to kosher food? Minyanim? Nightlife? Local area?

And related, what's the best SPG hotel (ex. St Regis) for Plat upgrades?

Offline mochada

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2015, 10:43:19 AM »
Travelling for business with DW.  What's the most attractive location to stay in - Buckhead or Downtown?  Closest to kosher food? Minyanim? Nightlife? Local area?

And related, what's the best SPG hotel (ex. St Regis) for Plat upgrades?

Nightlife isn't like NYC or downtown Chicago. Also, depends what nightlife you're looking for. Buckheads has more upper scale bars/lounges/hotels. There's a cool bowling alley called The Painted Pin.

The hotels in Buckhead are nicer (i.e GH, St Regis, Westin Buckhead).  Downtown is just a bunch of hotels and companies.
As for minyanim, Buckhead is in between Toco Hills and Sandy Springs.  Approx 10-15 min in each direction w/o traffic.
For food- there's a shwarma place about 5-7 min drive from the center of Buckhead- Pita Grille. I would go another 5 min to Fuego Mundo.

No clue about upgrades. Feel free to PM with any Qs.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:57:10 AM by mochada »

Offline jpkrash

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2015, 12:05:06 PM »
So, I've lurked on here for long enough, I figure I'll give my first TR.  My family (includes 4 kids, 8, 6, 3, newborn) flew Southwest from CAK to ATL for about 6200 pts each.  Arrived early Sunday morning, went to the Kosher Krispy Kreme and everyone (especially the kids) enjoyed the donuts and watching them get made (and I had a snack on the way to dinner later  :) ).  The hot glazed is really delicious, when it comes right off the belt.  We drove to the downtown area, figuring we would go through the Georgia Aquarium (got the CityPass, which was a good deal) and head to get something to eat and back to the hotel for a relaxing, early night.  I've never been so impressed with an Aquarium, ever!  Between the interactive shows, scuba divers, and the most amazing dolphin show I've ever seen, we were all exhausted after walking around the place for at least 5 hours.  Unfortunately, Broadway Cafe (pizza shop) was closed while we were in Atlanta, so we went to Chai Peiking, a Chinese Restaurant inside a Krogers (we wanted to pick up a few things for the hotel).  Nothing special, but plenty of Kosher in Krogers.  We stayed at the Hyatt Suites Northwest.  Nice hotel, real cheap with points, about 15 minutes from Kosher and activities, and plenty of room for our family (just keep in mind, that when you are at any pool, Atlanta is the #1 city for mosquitoes - make sure you get some off, as they are brutal, we all got bitten up our first day we went to the pool).
On Monday we went to the Atlanta Zoo.  Nice zoo with pandas, and it includes an activity area that with the citypass we had access to.  It includes a carousel (great for the 3 year old), climbing wall (which my 8 and 6 year old loved), and nice 3-5 minute train ride (great for all kids).  We went to Pita Palace for lunch and took back to the hotel to eat.  Fantastic schwarma, but make sure to call first, as they do run out occasionally.  It's a real small place with only about 3 tables inside, and 3 tables outside, but great food.  That evening we went to FuegoMundo.  This is a really nice restaurant, that happens to be Kosher (as opposed to the standard Kosher place that happens to have food which some Kosher restaurants turn into).  Highly recommended.  Good portions, the sangria was delicious, and everyone was impressed.
Tuesday we went to the Fernbanks Natural History Museum on the CityPass.  Nothing special, and wouldn't recommended it, although the included IMAX movie was nice.  We tried the Publix supermarket which has a kosher "sub shop", but when we got there it was closed for lunch for an hour (this was around 1 PM).  I would have thought that a sub shop would be open for lunch, but whatever... - got some food from Publix and ate in the car.  We then wasted the afternoon by going to the Fernbanks Science Center (don't bother, it hasn't been updated since the 70's, doesn't have air conditioning, and took us 10 minutes to walk through, although there was no charge either).  Dinner was at Pita Grille, which doesn't have as good of schwarma as Pita Palace, but they are very accommodating (especially for those who have food allergies).  Good food, and plenty of space for tables and to sit and eat in the restaurant.
On Wednesday we went to Stonemountain.  Expensive, but a must do.  We packed food and ended up staying here from about 10 AM till 5 PM, and could have stayed longer.  Great mountain to climb (or gondola to ride up), miniature golf, 30 minute train ride with actors involved in a comedic shoot-out, very impressive climbing area for kids (and adults - some of the areas are 36' in the air - not for those afraid of heights), interactive shows, 4-D movies, water climbing area, etc.  At 9 PM they have a laser show they display on the mountain, but our kids  couldn't stay that long (and we were exhausted).  We headed to FuegoMundo again (I can't recommend it highly enough) and had another great dinner.
Thursday we went to the CNN Tour (again, on the CityPass), which was OK.  Interesting to see, but nothing special (about an hour, but you may need to wait to get in), then went across the street to Coca-cola (which is where the Aquarium is as well).  Kids really enjoyed, especially the end with the tasting room (100's of flavors from around the world (in the North America section almost all is kosher, for the other sections, check with the local Vaad), then went to Pita Grille, grabbed dinner, and headed back to the airport.
In recap, the must do's in Atlanta are FuegoMundo for sit down dinners, and for activities, Aquarium and Stonemountain (and maybe Pita Palace schwarma and Coca-cola tour for the kids).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:50:53 PM by jpkrash »

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2015, 01:06:50 PM »
Nice TR. Thanks.

How much time do you need for the Coke Museum?
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline jpkrash

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2015, 01:07:41 PM »
2 hours, maybe a little bit more

Offline aarony

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2015, 01:43:50 PM »
Nice report.  As has been mentioned before check with the local vaad  regarding kashrus in the coke tasting room. Iirc not everything was acceptable. When we were there Krogers and publix both had kosher fried chicken available that was pretty good.

Offline jpkrash

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2015, 01:52:02 PM »
Noted and modified the TR.  Thanks.

Nice report.  As has been mentioned before check with the local vaad  regarding kashrus in the coke tasting room. Iirc not everything was acceptable. When we were there Krogers and publix both had kosher fried chicken available that was pretty good.

Offline BarryLincoln

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, National Executive, Hertz Five Star
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2015, 01:57:05 PM »
Nice TR. Thanks.

How much time do you need for the Coke Museum?

Was there last week - not more than 1.5 hours...

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2015, 02:44:19 PM »
It's funny, i personally hated the coke museum...you pay $17 to get advertised to. Because of the kashrus issues, you can't take full advantage of the tasting room. You can get the same experience going to one of those any-flavor coke machines.

Offline jpkrash

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2015, 02:46:15 PM »
I couldn't justify $17 for the Coke tour as its just a big advertisement, but as part of the citypass it was worth it.

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2015, 03:20:58 PM »
If I can do one thing (for about 2 hours) with 2 boys ages 6 & 10, any recommendations?
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2015, 03:26:07 PM »
If I can do one thing (for about 2 hours) with 2 boys ages 6 & 10, any recommendations?

aquarium is the #1 attraction in atlanta

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2015, 03:26:28 PM »

Stone Mountain

Offline ShlockDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2015, 03:28:15 PM »
aquarium is the #1 attraction in atlanta

It's really nice but not something unique to Atlanta. I'd do stone mountain or coca cola if you really want to. The aquarium is great but there are a lot of great aquariums.