Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Application Status:

American Express:
http://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus

Bank of America:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/application-status/credit-cards/app-status-form.go?request_locale=en_US
Note, status page shows your appIDs, which you can reference when calling recon.

Barclay's:
Business
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/cas/applications/search?PARTNERID=BUSINESS
Personal
http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/barclays
Business lending: 866-408-4064

Chase:
Chase: 800-432-3117 (Application status)  Dial:  # > 4 > 1 > SSN
Chase: 888-270-2127 (Application reconsideration)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Business card reconsideration)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst reconsideration)
Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Office)
Chase: 888-298-5623 (Credit Reallocation - Consumer)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Credit Reallocation - Business)

Citi:
https://www.accountonline.com/cards/acq/CardApplicationStatus.do

888-201-4523
You will need your appID, can be found in the source code of the page you arrive at after you submit your application, get the source code asap because those confirmation pages tend to timeout/redirect.
Citi Business: 866-541-7657

BoA:
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/apply-credit-cards/public/application-status/
Credit Department:1-866-695-6598
Reconsideration Department:1-888-503-6091

Discover:
https://www.discovercard.com/checkstatus/

US Bank:
800-947-1444 option 1
Then: 1 for consumer, 2 for business.
Automated app status only works if you have one application, if you have a 2/3bm with US bank, the system will say they can't find your app and transfer you to a CSR.
« Last edited by lybbtthl on April 04, 2024, 04:46:45 PM »

Author Topic: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's: Your Support Keeps This Site Running!  (Read 3550202 times)

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
Re: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's.
« Reply #2440 on: July 22, 2012, 08:13:46 AM »
In that case it was reported the CB that you did $0 in spending last month and you don't owe any money.

In general its best to have the statement close with a balance so its gets reported the CB. Then when you pay it, it gets marked as paid on time -( on the CB's books) which builds/establishes your credit. 

Without out, when applying for loans/cc's/mortgage in the future, lenders will have no way to determin that you are responsible and pay your bills.

but wont they see that money went thru my account and that i never had a balance or even a late fee?'
ok thanks for the advice though
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline Saver2000

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: July 22, 2012, 09:04:37 AM »
The CB doesn't moniter your account on a daily basis.  They get updated once a month from the cc company.  That update usually takes place on tge statement closing day (or the day after) and reflects the statement balance.

If your statement balance is $0 or negative,  they will have no idea that you did any spending that month.

Your right that they will see that there aren't any late payments,  but if you never had a payment due, then it doesn't mean anything, bec you couldn't have paid late even if you wantes to!

Not having a balance isn't good, and having too high of a balance isn't either good. Many suggest that a balance of 10% or less of your CL is what it should be at.

Your report wont have any negatives on it, but like I said, for future loans they will have nothing to look back at and base your creditworthyness on.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2442 on: July 22, 2012, 11:47:13 AM »

If your statement balance is $0 or negative,  they will have no idea that you did any spending that month.

Nor will they know if you did $100,000 in spending and paid it off in full one day AFTER the closing date as soon as the next reporting day comes, contrary to what your implying.

The outcome will be the same: in previous months your CR will show no late payments. Creditors will be unable to see whether or not you spent a lot of $ or no $ at all.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: July 22, 2012, 11:52:34 AM »
Nor will they know if you did $100,000 in spending and paid it off in full one day AFTER the closing date as soon as the next reporting day comes, contrary to what your implying.
I
I was replying to rots question.  Read his question and then read my response.

The outcome will be the same: in previous months your CR will show no late payments. Creditors will be unable to see whether or not you spent a lot of $ or no $ at all.

Incorrect.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2444 on: July 22, 2012, 11:56:08 AM »
By all means, you keep believing that.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: July 22, 2012, 12:04:17 PM »
By all means, you keep believing that.

Thanx for not making me argue it out with you.  :P

Just for rots sake,  I'll clarify what I posted above.

You credit shows the balance that was on your cc when it closed. If its $0 or a credit balance it will reflect $0.

If you pay your statement in full before it closes, you will not have any signs on your report of responsibility/(payment pattern) on your credit report.

Having no payment patterns on your credit report wont be a positive when taking out a loan/applying for a cc. 

I'm speaking from experience.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: July 22, 2012, 12:19:39 PM »
Having no payment patterns on your credit report wont be a positive when taking out a loan/applying for a cc. 

You make sense (mostly) until the above.

You can speak from experience, but the fact is that CRAs don't show "payment patterns" in the manner you're suggesting. They only show one month's util %--the latest--and that's it (aside, possibly, from a high balance).

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: July 22, 2012, 12:20:04 PM »

You credit shows the balance that was on your cc when it closed. If its $0 or a credit balance it will reflect $0.

If you pay your statement in full before it closes, you will not have any signs on your report of responsibility/(payment pattern) on your credit report.

Are you sure. From my EX report on a 12k CL.

The following data will appear in the following format:
account balance / date payment received / scheduled payment amount / actual amount paid
Jan 2012: $0 / January 22, 2012 / $10 / $112,900
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:23:08 PM by HelpMe »
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline rots5

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #2448 on: July 22, 2012, 12:40:05 PM »

guys its the 9 days, im sorry im causing this lol

but thank you, i understand the logic in it all, BUT.... why then on my 5th cc in a yr is my CL so flippin high....

i went from 2k to a heck of a lot more on a student living...plus everytime i speak to chase i tell them, look you see i do a tremendous amount of spending and never had a late fee, and they always say, yes mr. rots we hate  costumers like u ... (i have gotten this comment a couple of times...of course as a complete joke)
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline sruly101

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: July 22, 2012, 12:44:27 PM »
The CB doesn't moniter your account on a daily basis.  They get updated once a month from the cc company.  That update usually takes place on tge statement closing day (or the day after) and reflects the statement balance.

Your right that they will see that there aren't any late payments,  but if you never had a payment due, then it doesn't mean anything, bec you couldn't have paid late even if you wantes to!

Not having a balance isn't good, and having too high of a balance isn't either good. Many suggest that a balance of 10% or less of your CL is what it should be at.

Your report wont have any negatives on it, but like I said, for future loans they will have nothing to look back at and base your creditworthyness on.
thanks for this info!! is it a diffrents if my statement closes with $1 or with more, when i pay it in time?

if its more then  just $1, will it be better for my credit or the same??? (hope u understand what im asking)

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: July 22, 2012, 12:57:48 PM »

You can speak from experience, but the fact is that CRAs don't show "payment patterns" in the manner you're suggesting. They only show one month's util %--the latest--and that's it (aside, possibly, from a high balance).

Not sure what you mean by that. My CR shows more that just one month of history.

My experience is with a family member that applied for a chase card last week. When calling recon, they said that they cannot approve her bec even though she has two store cards, there is no sign of useage/payment.

The cardholder has used the card many times and always paid it off within a day or two of using it.

Offline Lou Bob

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: July 22, 2012, 12:59:07 PM »
thanks for this info!! is it a diffrents if my statement closes with $1 or with more, when i pay it in time?

if its more then  just $1, will it be better for my credit or the same??? (hope u understand what im asking)
I always got the impression from around here that its good to let it close with 5-9 percent of the CL as opposed to above OR below that.
Always use an Amex, you'll thank me one day.

Offline Mimi K.

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: July 22, 2012, 01:00:49 PM »

many times they do
"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Free Stuff!" 8)

Offline sruly101

• View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: July 22, 2012, 01:01:03 PM »
I always got the impression from around here that its good to let it close with 5-9 percent of the CL as opposed to above OR below that.
thanks

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: July 22, 2012, 01:03:43 PM »
Not sure what you mean by that. My CR shows more that just one month of history.

My experience is with a family member that applied for a chase card last week. When calling recon, they said that they cannot approve her bec even though she has two store cards, there is no sign of useage/payment.

The cardholder has used the card many times and always paid it off within a day or two of using it.

History of on-time payments? Yes, of course. History of exact util %? Not available on a CR.

What CR are you talking about? Where did you get it from?

I have no idea how a Chase CSR would be able to see util % of a non-Chase card from, say, 6 months ago.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: July 22, 2012, 01:18:08 PM »
History of on-time payments? Yes, of course. History of exact util %? Not available on a CR.

What CR are you talking about? Where did you get it from?

I have no idea how a Chase CSR would be able to see util % of a non-Chase card from, say, 6 months ago.

Who said anything about utilization ratio?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: July 22, 2012, 01:28:17 PM »
<facepalm>

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #2457 on: July 22, 2012, 02:14:34 PM »
And btw, they are able to see utilization ratio on non-chase accounts.
I see on my EX report the balance each closing statement, the available credit for the entie card history.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: July 22, 2012, 02:16:33 PM »
You see what your exact util % is for all of your cards from, say, six months ago?

Where did you get this EX report?

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #2459 on: July 22, 2012, 02:21:12 PM »
On the EX report I get free from Ex every time a FI pulls my credit, I see the current available credit and if the limit was raised or lowered during the card's history, I see exactly what the limit was from month x year x to month x year x.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.