Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Application Status:

American Express:
http://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus

Bank of America:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/application-status/credit-cards/app-status-form.go?request_locale=en_US
Note, status page shows your appIDs, which you can reference when calling recon.

Barclay's:
Business
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/cas/applications/search?PARTNERID=BUSINESS
Personal
http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/barclays
Business lending: 866-408-4064

Chase:
Chase: 800-432-3117 (Application status)  Dial:  # > 4 > 1 > SSN
Chase: 888-270-2127 (Application reconsideration)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Business card reconsideration)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst reconsideration)
Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Office)
Chase: 888-298-5623 (Credit Reallocation - Consumer)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Credit Reallocation - Business)

Citi:
https://www.accountonline.com/cards/acq/CardApplicationStatus.do

888-201-4523
You will need your appID, can be found in the source code of the page you arrive at after you submit your application, get the source code asap because those confirmation pages tend to timeout/redirect.

BoA:
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/apply-credit-cards/public/application-status/
Credit Department:1-866-695-6598
Reconsideration Department:1-888-503-6091

Discover:
https://www.discovercard.com/checkstatus/

US Bank:
800-947-1444 option 1
Then: 1 for consumer, 2 for business.
Automated app status only works if you have one application, if you have a 2/3bm with US bank, the system will say they can't find your app and transfer you to a CSR.
« Last edited by jose34 on February 20, 2024, 09:02:23 PM »

Author Topic: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's: Your Support Keeps This Site Running!  (Read 3525630 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's.
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2011, 01:40:18 AM »
So far so good- approved for the Chase Sapphire and Continental.  Looks like the freeze has worked!!  Woohoo! 

Somehow the 3BM has not seem to have worked for me, but who knows what I will get in the mail...

Thank you Asher for your kind responses.  Now I am that much more experienced and able to guide the next guy.

Ill keep you posted on how things go...

I think your mistake was that you tried the 3BM with the same card, when you shouldn't have tried all for the same card.

I think you've learned a lesson from this round, but you're not quite an expert just yet...
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2011, 08:02:41 AM »
how do i freeze a report and does it cost money ?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2011, 08:48:58 AM »
how do i freeze a report and does it cost money ?

The costs are outlined here. It might make sense to be a victim of identity theft, as is seems it'll make freezing and unfreezing your reports free for life. The links for initiating a freeze online are not current in that article, here are the current links:

Equfax
Experian
TransUnion
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline easy48

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2011, 01:28:35 PM »
In light of my recent successful applications, I need some management advice from those that have been there..or still are...

As I understand it, it is unwise to cancel the cards once the rewards have been reaped bec one's credit score is benefitted by having more credit as the ratio of creditability to actual use is that much higher.  This results in a higher credit score (hopefully if paid on time etc.)

But once the rewards have been reaped what do you do- stick with one card?  rotate cards?  call company for a free card?

Advice? 

Maybe Dan can also chime in on this one also as I understand that he has tons of cards...

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2011, 01:30:44 PM »
In light of my recent successful applications, I need some management advice from those that have been there..or still are...

As I understand it, it is unwise to cancel the cards once the rewards have been reaped bec one's credit score is benefitted by having more credit as the ratio of creditability to actual use is that much higher.  This results in a higher credit score (hopefully if paid on time etc.)

But once the rewards have been reaped what do you do- stick with one card?  rotate cards?  call company for a free card?

Advice? 

Maybe Dan can also chime in on this one also as I understand that he has tons of cards...

Everything you're asking could be answered by browsing these forums and/or a bit of Googling...

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2011, 01:32:48 PM »
oy..again with the see discussion before.

I need spoon feeding please... :)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2011, 01:33:23 PM »
oy..again with the see discussion before.

I need spoon feeding please... :)

You need to earn that, or find someone who is feeling benevolent :P

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2011, 01:33:49 PM »
Everything you're asking could be answered by browsing these forums and/or a bit of Googling...

Or you can paste the link of your previous discussions.  But direct answers are more appreciated.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2011, 01:40:58 PM »
Or you can paste the link of your previous discussions.  But direct answers are more appreciated.

Do a search for 'score close card' in the CC forum, and read the threads/posts which seem relevant. Also search Google for credit score factors and read some of the articles that come up, that'll teach you a thing or two.

Typically it makes no sense to close cards, unless it's with reconsideration and you're doing it to push through an app. Or for annual fee reasons, in which case you can often convert to a different card type or consolidate credit lines.

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2011, 02:02:30 PM »
That works for me Ill try it then on your say so-  but which ones to do???

Continental and Hyatt?

Btw, I only got one pull yesterday even though I applied hours apart.  As you said......Thanks!

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2011, 02:02:52 PM »
Btw, I only got one pull yesterday even though I applied hours apart.  As you said......Thanks!
np

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2011, 02:05:19 PM »
Do a search for 'score close card' in the CC forum, and read the threads/posts which seem relevant. Also search Google for credit score factors and read some of the articles that come up, that'll teach you a thing or two.

Typically it makes no sense to close cards, unless it's with reconsideration and you're doing it to push through an app. Or for annual fee reasons, in which case you can often convert to a different card type or consolidate credit lines.

I read the other discussions.  I get that.  Just looking for the practical advice- you have a lot of cards- what do you do with them? Do you rotate spending or once you have earned the points you put it in the draw for the picture to show everyone and just let it sit there?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2011, 02:09:43 PM »
I read the other discussions.  I get that.  Just looking for the practical advice- you have a lot of cards- what do you do with them? Do you rotate spending or once you have earned the points you put it in the draw for the picture to show everyone and just let it sit there?

If you're going to have lots of active cards, keep a spreadsheet (there's a thread in the CC forum, search for it and you'll find it) to keep track of them all.

You want to track: Spend requirements, due dates, balances, annual fees, and bonus rewards, to make sure it all goes smoothly. Once I've spent the required spending (for the bonus), I make sure to pay the bill and await the points. I deal with the annual fee when it's up for renewal (except for high annual fees like the Amex plat). My regular spend goes on whichever cards give me the best return for my money, in terms of which rewards I want.

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2011, 02:13:59 PM »
If you're going to have lots of active cards, keep a spreadsheet (there's a thread in the CC forum, search for it and you'll find it) to keep track of them all.

You want to track: Spend requirements, due dates, balances, annual fees, and bonus rewards, to make sure it all goes smoothly. Once I've spent the required spending (for the bonus), I make sure to pay the bill and await the points. I deal with the annual fee when it's up for renewal (except for high annual fees like the Amex plat). My regular spend goes on whichever cards give me the best return for my money, in terms of which rewards I want.

Ok that seems pretty intuitive and basically what Ive been doing.  Just needed to hear it from a veteran.

Thank you.

Offline miles

• View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2011, 03:07:26 PM »
how long does it take to freeze once submitted

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2011, 03:08:43 PM »
how long does it take to freeze once submitted

Experian told me up to 15 minutes, but it posted immediately. My Equifax posted immediately as well. YMMV. You can always call to confirm, or try to submit it a second time and see them tell you it is already blocked.

Offline miles

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2011, 03:10:32 PM »
Experian told me up to 15 minutes, but it posted immediately. My Equifax posted immediately as well. YMMV. You can always call to confirm, or try to submit it a second time and see them tell you it is already blocked.
is there a way to waive the fee

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2011, 03:12:06 PM »
is there a way to waive the fee

If you're a victim of identity theft in virtually all states. If you're over 65 in some states. If it's the first time you're adding one, in NY state. See the freeze chart I linked to here (bolded):
The costs are outlined here. It might make sense to be a victim of identity theft, as is seems it'll make freezing and unfreezing your reports free for life. The links for initiating a freeze online are not current in that article, here are the current links:

Equfax
Experian
TransUnion

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2011, 03:44:31 PM »
Can you apply, and have you done it, for the same chase cards accepted for 30 days later with the older one still active?  Success with that?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2011, 04:04:16 PM »
BofA reconsideration 866-458-8805