Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Application Status:

American Express:
http://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus

Bank of America:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/application-status/credit-cards/app-status-form.go?request_locale=en_US
Note, status page shows your appIDs, which you can reference when calling recon.

Barclay's:
Business
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/cas/applications/search?PARTNERID=BUSINESS
Personal
http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/barclays
Business lending: 866-408-4064

Chase:
Chase: 800-432-3117 (Application status)  Dial:  # > 4 > 1 > SSN
Chase: 888-270-2127 (Application reconsideration)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Business card reconsideration)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst reconsideration)
Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Office)
Chase: 888-298-5623 (Credit Reallocation - Consumer)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Credit Reallocation - Business)

Citi:
https://www.accountonline.com/cards/acq/CardApplicationStatus.do

888-201-4523
You will need your appID, can be found in the source code of the page you arrive at after you submit your application, get the source code asap because those confirmation pages tend to timeout/redirect.
Citi Business: 866-541-7657

BoA:
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/apply-credit-cards/public/application-status/
Credit Department:1-866-695-6598
Reconsideration Department:1-888-503-6091

Discover:
https://www.discovercard.com/checkstatus/

US Bank:
800-947-1444 option 1
Then: 1 for consumer, 2 for business.
Automated app status only works if you have one application, if you have a 2/3bm with US bank, the system will say they can't find your app and transfer you to a CSR.
« Last edited by lybbtthl on April 04, 2024, 04:46:45 PM »

Author Topic: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's: Your Support Keeps This Site Running!  (Read 3540400 times)

Offline azhoopsfan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's.
« Reply #240 on: July 26, 2011, 11:40:25 AM »
Annual Fee Refund:
There is a grace period for cancelling a card after the appearance of an annual fee to get the fee waived.  This is true with new cards that have a fee due immediately and true for cards that have been open for a year and have a fee that posted to the statement.  The length of the grace period differs by bank.
AMEX: 60 days for a full refund.  Pro-rated refund after 60 days.
Chase: Conflicting reports of either 30 or 60 days.  No pro-rating afterwards.
Citi: ?

Called Citi yesterday and rep said I have 37 days after the date the annual fee posts to cancel and get a refund. 

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 26, 2011, 11:41:01 AM »
yes, they were all last night.
did u do it all in one browser?

Offline springles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2011, 11:45:58 AM »
did u do it all in one browser?
no, 3 browsers.  Ive done this before and never had a problem.  But I don't think its worth 2 credit pulls in 2 days to reapply for plat and premier gold. What bothers me is that the message I got was confusing.  If it said the app didnt go through then I would have reapplied right then.  But it said something about needing more than 60 seconds and Amex will let me know through email when they have processed the app.  But now it seems as if the app never went through at all.  Maybe it will be processed manually later? But if so it seems as if Ill get the 2 hits anyway, or maybe even 3.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:49:01 AM by springles »

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 26, 2011, 11:50:57 AM »
no, 3 browsers.  Ive done this before and never had a problem.  But I don't think its worth 2 credit pulls in 2 days to reapply for plat and premier gold. What bothers me is that the message I got was confusing.  If it said the app didnt go through then I would have reapplied right then.  But it said something about needing more than 60 seconds and Amex will let me know through email when they have processed the app.  But now it seems as if the app never went through at all.  Maybe it will be processed manually later? But if so it seems as if Ill get the 2 hits anyway, or maybe even 3.

Did you close the window when you submitted the app and saw the '60 second' message?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 26, 2011, 11:56:07 AM »
Did you close the window when you submitted the app and saw the '60 second' message?
I kept it open for a while but it is closed now.  Why?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 26, 2011, 11:58:26 AM »
I kept it open for a while but it is closed now.  Why?

It would probably time out, but I'd suggest trying to get the appID from the webpage's source code.

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 26, 2011, 12:34:55 PM »
It would probably time out, but I'd suggest trying to get the appID from the webpage's source code.
How can I do this? Go to history? And then how do I find the appID?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 26, 2011, 12:38:36 PM »
How can I do this? Go to history? And then how do I find the appID?

Too late now. Right after you submit an app you can click alt+V and find the 'source' or 'view source' option (this works for IE and Firefox), for Chrome you can just right click on the page and choose view source. Then you click ctrl+F (find) and search for app/application/ID etc (different for each issuer) and you should find it.

Offline Jasper44

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 26, 2011, 04:57:57 PM »
I need a little help with Citi. I applied for the Hilton Visa to double dip on the points with the Hilton Amex which I was approved for but I got denied by Citi. The only reason given was limited history which is true but if that's their only reason I feel like I can talk them into it if I can actually get to someone. I have a TU fico of 743 which should be close to EX, 2% utilization, no negatives, $70,000 income. I don't have student loans, paid for it as I went, and no auto loan because I paid cash and my oldest line of credit is only 2 years and I don't have a credit line over $1,000 until now, so I'm assuming that's where they are getting the limited part. I did the Chase Southwest the same day and they gave me $6,500 and I don't know what my Hilton Amex will be yet but it should be up there. Anyway, I called a few of the numbers listed here and I keep getting sent to the same department, don't know what it is, but they say they don't have access to the credit report that was pulled so they can't do anything. Huh? I've already been denied and I have the reference number and when I call I tell them I want to talk to someone about being reconsidered so why would they send me to someone who can't even see the credit report that was pulled? Is there a different recon number I should be calling?

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 26, 2011, 07:08:29 PM »
So I used the 3BM on for Chase Sapphire, Chase CO & Chase United on 7/19.

Got 2 letters today, 1st was denial for the Sapphire (just called recon and got them to approve it :)), 2nd was saying they need verification of income. The 2nd letter didnt say what card its for nor did I receive a 3rd letter for the 3rd card... Should I just fax in last years 1040 or would I be able to take the letter to the branch with my 1040? Should I wait until I receive the Sapphire card before doing anything?

P.S. Citi IdentityMonitor only sent me 1 alert so far... (Experian)

Called today regarding the Continental card which I received the letter asking for income verification, the CSR said I could give the info over the phone and then came back and said it was denied because I just had the Sapphire approved and no history with Chase CC. Called back a few minutes later and repeated the same thing with the United card and got approved for a $9k line, after the CSR approved it I asked him to look at the Continental and see what he could do, he was able to approve it by moving over $1k from the new United line :D

3BM ftw!

FYI the first CSR who denied me even after income verification told me that I had insufficient credit and that the cards that I am an AU on have no impact with my credit rating at Chase... very odd...

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #250 on: July 26, 2011, 07:34:30 PM »
Called today regarding the Continental card which I received the letter asking for income verification, the CSR said I could give the info over the phone and then came back and said it was denied because I just had the Sapphire approved and no history with Chase CC. Called back a few minutes later and repeated the same thing with the United card and got approved for a $9k line, after the CSR approved it I asked him to look at the Continental and see what he could do, he was able to approve it by moving over $1k from the new United line :D

3BM ftw!

FYI the first CSR who denied me even after income verification told me that I had insufficient credit and that the cards that I am an AU on have no impact with my credit rating at Chase... very odd...
wow wow, very happy for you- another tale of motivated ddf success.
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 26, 2011, 07:42:43 PM »
@Jasper44
Which number did you call? Try the number  at www.dansdeals.com/wiki then click on recon numbes

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #252 on: July 26, 2011, 09:20:08 PM »

3BM ftw!

Well done.
That's an easy 110K if not 150K miles!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 26, 2011, 09:30:49 PM »
Well done.
That's an easy 110K if not 150K miles!

Thanks!

Not to sound greedy, but is it not possible to get 200k? 100k for Sapphire and 50k for each Continental/United?

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 26, 2011, 10:09:13 PM »
Thanks!

Not to sound greedy, but is it not possible to get 200k? 100k for Sapphire and 50k for each Continental/United?
You cant get the 100k for sapphire anymore.  You can try but it has been completely shut down as far as I know.

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2011, 10:12:09 PM »
You cant get the 100k for sapphire anymore.  You can try but it has been completely shut down as far as I know.

Ah :( I see the Sapphire card in my account online but I haven't received nor activated it yet. Should I send an SM about trying to match it now or wait until after I activate the card?

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 26, 2011, 10:14:22 PM »
hey Dan and others...what do you say to explain why you want to have two of the same card open?  ie two CO or two UA cards at the same time

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2011, 12:20:43 AM »

3BM ftw!

Way to go, MazalToff.

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2011, 01:03:44 AM »
I don't know if this will help anyone but it helped me (probably only us impatient folk).

My Chase card hasn't arrived yet, it shows up online in my account and I wanted to call in regarding it. Problem is they wouldn't speak to me about it without the full card number... Turns out if you send a SM regarding the card and then look at the sent message it has the full card number. :)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #259 on: July 27, 2011, 01:07:42 AM »
I don't know if this will help anyone but it helped me (probably only us impatient folk).

My Chase card hasn't arrived yet, it shows up online in my account and I wanted to call in regarding it. Problem is they wouldn't speak to me about it without the full card number... Turns out if you send a SM regarding the card and then look at the sent message it has the full card number. :)
Lol...very cute!
You can probably also deduce the expiration date if you want to start spending but the 3 digit code will be more of a challenge.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.