Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Application Status:

American Express:
http://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus

Bank of America:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/application-status/credit-cards/app-status-form.go?request_locale=en_US
Note, status page shows your appIDs, which you can reference when calling recon.

Barclay's:
Business
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/cas/applications/search?PARTNERID=BUSINESS
Personal
http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/barclays
Business lending: 866-408-4064

Chase:
Chase: 800-432-3117 (Application status)  Dial:  # > 4 > 1 > SSN
Chase: 888-270-2127 (Application reconsideration)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Business card reconsideration)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst reconsideration)
Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Office)
Chase: 888-298-5623 (Credit Reallocation - Consumer)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Credit Reallocation - Business)

Citi:
https://www.accountonline.com/cards/acq/CardApplicationStatus.do

888-201-4523
You will need your appID, can be found in the source code of the page you arrive at after you submit your application, get the source code asap because those confirmation pages tend to timeout/redirect.
Citi Business: 866-541-7657

BoA:
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/apply-credit-cards/public/application-status/
Credit Department:1-866-695-6598
Reconsideration Department:1-888-503-6091

Discover:
https://www.discovercard.com/checkstatus/

US Bank:
800-947-1444 option 1
Then: 1 for consumer, 2 for business.
Automated app status only works if you have one application, if you have a 2/3bm with US bank, the system will say they can't find your app and transfer you to a CSR.
« Last edited by lybbtthl on April 04, 2024, 04:46:45 PM »

Author Topic: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's: Your Support Keeps This Site Running!  (Read 3538148 times)

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's.
« Reply #440 on: September 08, 2011, 09:54:42 PM »
A Chase rep told me that there is a two card limit per 30 days;  if I want an additional card I'll have to wait.

A) is the rep correct?
B) If yes, anyone know if that applies to business cards as well?

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #441 on: September 09, 2011, 11:11:32 AM »
Great for Bora Bora if nothing else.

I'm sitting on 7 figures that I hope to use there and at the Waldorf J'lem one day.
so its not worth getting this card ?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #442 on: September 09, 2011, 01:22:08 PM »
so its not worth getting this card ?
Not what I said.  The card gives great discounts on awards, but go in with your eyes open about how much points you need for hilton redemptions as it's very different that SPG or Hyatt.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ChMo

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 09, 2011, 02:12:01 PM »
A Chase rep told me that there is a two card limit per 30 days;  if I want an additional card I'll have to wait.

A) is the rep correct?
B) If yes, anyone know if that applies to business cards as well?

In my experience, Chase has been tightening up on instant approvals, if you already have multiple cards with them.  When you call reconsideration, if you have a good history with them and clean credit report, and especially if you spend nicely and pay in full on your existing cards with them, they have still been approving my new cards.  I would say, try 2 or 3 new cards every 32 days using 3-browser method to start, and if they deny you upon reconsideration, cut back until you find your sweet spot for approvals.  It seems like Chase is giving their reconsideration analysts some discretion to approve or decline, so it definitely seems like YMMV.

Offline ChMo

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 09, 2011, 02:32:25 PM »
Also, I did't see it posted anywhere on dansdeals, or anywhere for that matter, but here are the direct Chase credit line consolidation phone numbers:

Chase (Credit Reallocation - Consumer)   (888) 298-5623
Chase (Credit Reallocation - Business)     (800) 453-9719

Just today, I successfully reallocated all but $1K from my CO OnePass Plus, to my Sapphire Preferred (after hitting $25k spending on CO OnePass Plus to get 10,000 mile bonus). 

When I called to reallocate, the Chase analyst did a soft pull of Experian, and asked me "update" questions about my income, profession, credit report balances, and payment habits, then looked at my payment history with them.  He put me on hold for a few minutes, then came back and said, line successfully reallocated, it should reflect online in 15 minutes.

I know many sites have been reporting Chase reallocation is dead, but obviously it is still possible, although it involves a review now, instead of the old days where it was pretty much automatic if you called them and asked.

I wanted to share this info with my Dansdeals brothers, in case it helps anyone else that wants to reallocate with Chase.    :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:36:34 PM by Matityahu »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #445 on: September 09, 2011, 02:55:59 PM »
Thanks!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 11, 2011, 07:38:06 PM »
I know many sites have been reporting Chase reallocation is dead, but obviously it is still possible, although it involves a review now, instead of the old days where it was pretty much automatic if you called them and askd.

Credit pull?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 11, 2011, 08:05:19 PM »
Credit pull?

The op says its a soft pull

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 13, 2011, 11:57:27 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
American Express Consumer cards:
Charge cards:
-Gold Charge Card, 10,000 points for spending $500. No fee first year.

-Platinum Charge Card, 25,000 points for spending $1,000. $200 annual airline credit. Plat+Priority Pass+Regus Lounge access. Global Entry membership. Starwood Gold status. No Forex fee.

-Premier Rewards Gold Charge Card, 15,000 points for spending $1,000. 3x points for airfare, 2x points on gas and groceries. No fee first year.

Credit cards:
-Blue Cash, No annual fee, 3% cash back on groceries, 2% on gas and department stores.

-Blue Sky, No annual fee, 1.33% back towards travel spending.

-Costco, No annual fee with Costco membership, 3% cash back on gas and restaurants, 2% on travel.

-Delta Gold, 25,000 miles for spending $1 and adding 2 cardholders.  Free checked luggage on Delta. $99 annual coach companion ticket. No fee first year.

-Delta Platinum, 25,000 miles and 5,000 MQMs for spending $1 and adding 2 cardholders.  Free checked luggage on Delta. Free annual coach companion ticket.  Up to 20,000 MQMs annually based on spending.

-Delta Reserve, Delta SkyClub membership. 10,000 MQMs for spending $1. Free checked luggage on Delta. Free annual coach or first class companion ticket.  Up to 30,000 MQMs annually based on spending.

-Starwood, 10K Starpoints for spending $1. 15K bonus points for spending $15K within 6 months.  Starwood Gold status for spending $30K. 2 Stay/5 Night Elite credit. 3rd night free at Sheratons. No fee first year.

American Express Business cards:
Charge cards:
-Platinum Charge Card $200 annual airline credit. Plat+Priority Pass+Regus Lounge access. Global Entry membership. Starwood Gold status. AMEX Open Savings. No Forex fee.

-Gold Charge Card 25K miles for spending $50K. AMEX Open Savings. No fee first year.

-Plum Charge Card, 1.5% cash back by paying balance within 10 days of your statement or 2 months to pay balance. AMEX Open Savings. No fee first year.

Credit cards:
-Delta Gold 25,000 miles for spending $1 and adding 2 cardholders.  Free checked luggage on Delta. $99 annual coach companion ticket. AMEX Open Savings. No fee first year.

-Simply Cash No annual fee. 5% cash back on wireless and office supplies. 3% cash back on gas. AMEX Open Savings.

-Starwood 10K Starpoints for spending $1. 15K bonus points for spending $15K.  Starwood Gold status for spending $30K. 2 Stay/5 Night Elite credit. 3rd night free at Sheratons. AMEX Open Savings. No fee first year.
Hilton HHonors 60,000 sign up bonus https://www304.americanexpress.com/personal-card-application/hilton-hhonors-surpass-credit-card/36182-57-0

Offline moko

• View Profile

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #450 on: September 14, 2011, 09:40:25 PM »
Chase: 888-270-2127 (Application reconsideration)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst reconsideration)

I get rejected twice when calling the first number, is there any advantage in calling the second number as someone suggested to me in the chase recon thread?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #451 on: September 14, 2011, 11:39:09 PM »
I get rejected twice when calling the first number, is there any advantage in calling the second number as someone suggested to me in the chase recon thread?

I got shut down 3 times using the second #.

Called the first and got it pushed through on the first try.

Def call.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 15, 2011, 01:22:38 PM »
Dan, would you attach to your FAQ a recommended list of credit cards based on spending patterns? For example...
Dining: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Gold

If you already did this and I just can't find it, would you please copy or put a link to the thread in your faq?

Offline mclovin

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 15, 2011, 04:42:47 PM »
has anyone had success with chase using the 3bm or only 2 cards at a time? if not maybe the OP should be edited. unless there still is a point?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 15, 2011, 04:53:22 PM »
has anyone had success with chase using the 3bm or only 2 cards at a time? if not maybe the OP should be edited. unless there still is a point?
Considering I've done 2 successful 3bms (BA/Hyatt/UA. Ink Bold/SWA/Sapphire Preferred.  All while retaining CO OPP, CO PP, and Chase Freedom) in the past few months I see no reason to edit anything but your post.

Offline justshmooze.com

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 15, 2011, 07:41:16 PM »
Just got off phone with amex they said as of sept. 1st the reps can no longer match points. Sucks because now I'm having trouble getting a legitimate 50/25 k bonus that is on the application for my platinum / gold cards.

They say the only way to do it is to (snail) mail corporate, although after attempting to cancel all my amex cards they transferred me to a rep who said to Secure Message them and that will get through to corporate. Here goes nothing..

Offline Zeeeeks

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 20, 2011, 11:07:35 AM »
American Express Business cards:
-Gold Charge Card 25K miles for spending $50K. AMEX Open Savings. No fee first year.

This card should be updated for the better offer in the OP, 50K miles for spending $10K in 5 months.

Offline clownaparte

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 22, 2011, 12:01:15 AM »
I had done a successful 2 browser application for Citi AAdvantage MC (Personal) and Citi TYP. Both were approved instantly. However, I did get two credit pulls on Equifax - they were not combined, despite instant approval and both being personal cards.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #458 on: September 22, 2011, 01:02:06 AM »
I had done a successful 2 browser application for Citi AAdvantage MC (Personal) and Citi TYP. Both were approved instantly. However, I did get two credit pulls on Equifax - they were not combined, despite instant approval and both being personal cards.

It definitely can happen. The trick is not guaranteed (unfortunately).
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline clownaparte

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 22, 2011, 11:53:15 AM »
It definitely can happen. The trick is not guaranteed (unfortunately).

Like most things in life :-)
I should really gear up for a good AOR one of these days...