Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Application Status:

American Express:
http://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus

Bank of America:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/application-status/credit-cards/app-status-form.go?request_locale=en_US
Note, status page shows your appIDs, which you can reference when calling recon.

Barclay's:
Business
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/cas/applications/search?PARTNERID=BUSINESS
Personal
http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/barclays
Business lending: 866-408-4064

Chase:
Chase: 800-432-3117 (Application status)  Dial:  # > 4 > 1 > SSN
Chase: 888-270-2127 (Application reconsideration)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Business card reconsideration)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst reconsideration)
Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Office)
Chase: 888-298-5623 (Credit Reallocation - Consumer)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Credit Reallocation - Business)

Citi:
https://www.accountonline.com/cards/acq/CardApplicationStatus.do

888-201-4523
You will need your appID, can be found in the source code of the page you arrive at after you submit your application, get the source code asap because those confirmation pages tend to timeout/redirect.

BoA:
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/apply-credit-cards/public/application-status/
Credit Department:1-866-695-6598
Reconsideration Department:1-888-503-6091

Discover:
https://www.discovercard.com/checkstatus/

US Bank:
800-947-1444 option 1
Then: 1 for consumer, 2 for business.
Automated app status only works if you have one application, if you have a 2/3bm with US bank, the system will say they can't find your app and transfer you to a CSR.
« Last edited by jose34 on February 20, 2024, 09:02:23 PM »

Author Topic: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's: Your Support Keeps This Site Running!  (Read 3525237 times)

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's.
« Reply #480 on: September 26, 2011, 06:57:37 PM »
Dan,  I noticed that you don't have all of the chase CC offers such as the 50K Marriott rewards -- seemingly a better offer than your 30K, or take The Ritz-CarltonŽ Rewards Credit Card, it also seems pretty decent, no?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline ItzikJones

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 01, 2011, 11:24:55 PM »
I've been looking at threads about the 3BM and I'm still confused about how it's done, as well as how these cards work in general. I'm new to the whole CC/Miles game and just signed up and was approved for the Sapphire Preferred card and it's 50K points. Now, if I were to try the 3BM with Chase's United Mileage Plus Explorer(30K points), Continental One Pass Plus(30K points) and British Airways Visa Signature(50K points), would all those miles I earn be able to be combined for Chase's Ultimate Rewards program, or do each need to be used separately with different airlines? Additionally, as soon as I reach the thresholds to get the points I can get from the sign up bonuses, do I cancel the cards and then sign up for more again? I've seen people here write about how they've signed up for 100's of cards and would like to know how to get in on this shmorgishborg of miles!

Shana Tova to all of you,

Itzik Jones.

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 02, 2011, 12:59:04 AM »
I've been looking at threads about the 3BM and I'm still confused about how it's done, as well as how these cards work in general. I'm new to the whole CC/Miles game and just signed up and was approved for the Sapphire Preferred card and it's 50K points. Now, if I were to try the 3BM with Chase's United Mileage Plus Explorer(30K points), Continental One Pass Plus(30K points) and British Airways Visa Signature(50K points), would all those miles I earn be able to be combined for Chase's Ultimate Rewards program, or do each need to be used separately with different airlines? Additionally, as soon as I reach the thresholds to get the points I can get from the sign up bonuses, do I cancel the cards and then sign up for more again? I've seen people here write about how they've signed up for 100's of cards and would like to know how to get in on this shmorgishborg of miles!

Shana Tova to all of you,

Itzik Jones.
I'm a little wet behind the ears myself, but I'll give it a shot; I'm sure someone else will step in if I'm wrong.
Generally, miles from different airlines cannot be combined. United and Continental is an exception, because they are in the process of merging.
Ultimate Rewards Points can be converted into United/Continental Miles. I think they can also be converted in British Airways miles. Unfortunately. it doesn't work the other way around; as far as I know, you can't convert miles into UR points.
Don't cancel the cards until the miles post to your account. Even then, don't want to cancel outright.  When you open a new card of a different type but from the same bank, have them shift over the credit and close the account in the process.
If you want to churn - and not all cards are 'churnable' - you'll have to wait before reapplying. I read somewhere that it's 60 days for a consumer card, 90 for business.

Gmar Chasima Tova and welcome to the club! Woohoo!!

Offline Yellow

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #484 on: October 02, 2011, 01:33:05 AM »
Just out of curiosity, what are the three best cards from amex chase, and citi? I know that this may vary from person to person but i'm just curious what people think. (by BEST i mean the most lucrative signup bonus's for miles/hotel points, not cashback or benefits the card comes with)

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 02, 2011, 07:32:12 AM »
Just out of curiosity, what are the three best cards from amex chase, and citi? I know that this may vary from person to person but i'm just curious what people think. (by BEST i mean the most lucrative signup bonus's for miles/hotel points, not cashback or benefits the card comes with)
Three from chase, three from amex, three from citi? Nine cards? Or just the three 'best'?

Offline Yellow

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #486 on: October 02, 2011, 11:24:11 AM »
Three from chase, three from amex, three from citi? Nine cards? Or just the three 'best'?
the three best from each issuer

Offline Yos

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 02, 2011, 03:56:55 PM »
Anyone have a sample of a letter sent to citi president? Looking for ideas of what to write.
thanks for any help.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #488 on: October 02, 2011, 04:13:06 PM »
Anyone have a sample of a letter sent to citi president? Looking for ideas of what to write.
thanks for any help.

Well, since we/I have no idea what you're wanting to write about, you could try this:

Dear Mr. President,

How are you?

Love,

Best Citi Customer Eva.

2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Yos

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 02, 2011, 04:21:25 PM »
Well, since we/I have no idea what you're wanting to write about, you could try this:

I'm talking about sending a letter for reconsideration after being denied for a cc.

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 02, 2011, 04:26:30 PM »
I'm talking about sending a letter for reconsideration after being denied for a cc.
Do you already have a different CC with that bank?

Offline Yos

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 02, 2011, 04:29:08 PM »
Do you already have a different CC with that bank?
it's my first time applying for a citi card.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 02, 2011, 04:44:16 PM »

Have you tried calling first?

Offline Yos

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 02, 2011, 04:54:16 PM »
Have you tried calling first?
i called and they said theres nothing they can do, the decision has been made. If you have any suggestions of something to say to them on the phone, I'd appreciate that.
Thanks for your help.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 02, 2011, 05:18:02 PM »
Well, I can't write your letter for you (for a number of reasons), but I'd just explain to them why their rejection reason shouldn't carry the day, and for reasons A, B, and C, they should give you a chance, blah blah blah.

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #495 on: October 02, 2011, 08:41:57 PM »

Some tips of what to mention in your letter, if they are true and apply to you:

I / we are not heavy users of credit, we simply want the card/s for it's great benefts.
I / we pay our balance off in full each month.
I / we have a great credit score, and enjoy liberal credit lines with a number of banks.
I / we are financial stable, have been working in xyz company or field for -- number of years.

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 03, 2011, 10:42:44 AM »
Do we get better value for gas purchases using a Costo Amex card or using an Amex Premier Rewards Gold card?
Is there a better option than either of these two - for gas purchases?

Offline clownaparte

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 03, 2011, 11:13:10 AM »
Do we get better value for gas purchases using a Costo Amex card or using an Amex Premier Rewards Gold card?
Is there a better option than either of these two - for gas purchases?

Penfed Platinum Cash Rewards

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 03, 2011, 11:59:35 AM »
For somebody whose credit card spending is almost entirely gas and groceries, wouldnt the PRG from AMEX be the best choice for daily spending?  I have Starwood, Sapphire, UA, CO, and Gold right now.  I am spending on Starwood to meet 4.5k threshhold but after that I think I'm going to put everything on PRG.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #499 on: October 03, 2011, 12:02:04 PM »
The AMEX PRG is tailor made for that kind of spending.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.