Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Application Status:

American Express:
http://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus

Bank of America:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/application-status/credit-cards/app-status-form.go?request_locale=en_US
Note, status page shows your appIDs, which you can reference when calling recon.

Barclay's:
Business
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/cas/applications/search?PARTNERID=BUSINESS
Personal
http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/barclays
Business lending: 866-408-4064

Chase:
Chase: 800-432-3117 (Application status)  Dial:  # > 4 > 1 > SSN
Chase: 888-270-2127 (Application reconsideration)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Business card reconsideration)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst reconsideration)
Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Office)
Chase: 888-298-5623 (Credit Reallocation - Consumer)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Credit Reallocation - Business)

Citi:
https://www.accountonline.com/cards/acq/CardApplicationStatus.do

888-201-4523
You will need your appID, can be found in the source code of the page you arrive at after you submit your application, get the source code asap because those confirmation pages tend to timeout/redirect.
Citi Business: 866-541-7657

BoA:
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/apply-credit-cards/public/application-status/
Credit Department:1-866-695-6598
Reconsideration Department:1-888-503-6091

Discover:
https://www.discovercard.com/checkstatus/

US Bank:
800-947-1444 option 1
Then: 1 for consumer, 2 for business.
Automated app status only works if you have one application, if you have a 2/3bm with US bank, the system will say they can't find your app and transfer you to a CSR.
« Last edited by lybbtthl on April 04, 2024, 04:46:45 PM »

Author Topic: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's: Your Support Keeps This Site Running!  (Read 3539790 times)

Offline clownaparte

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's.
« Reply #500 on: October 03, 2011, 12:05:40 PM »
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:11:13 PM by Dan »

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #501 on: October 03, 2011, 12:29:57 PM »
Or Blue Cash preferred.

+1

Though there is a $75 AF, you get 6% back on groceries (i.e. AF is paid for after $1250 of groceries).
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 03, 2011, 12:34:19 PM »
Or Blue Cash preferred.

Blue Cash Preferred is 3% for gas.
Penfed is 6% for gas.
AMEX PRG is 2 points for gas.

How do I measure the value of 2 AMEX PRG points?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #503 on: October 03, 2011, 12:50:49 PM »
Blue Cash Preferred is 3% for gas.
Penfed is 6% for gas.
AMEX PRG is 2 points for gas.

How do I measure the value of 2 AMEX PRG points?

Theoretically, each MR point (AMEX point) can go for as much as .02, so that'd be up to .04 which is > BCP but < Penfed 5% (it's not 6% IIRC)
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #504 on: October 03, 2011, 01:04:45 PM »
+1

Though there is a $75 AF, you get 6% back on groceries (i.e. AF is paid for after $1250 of groceries).
That's not factoring for the ~2.2% that SPG is worth.
You would need to spend at least $2,000/year on groceries to make up the annual fee on the card when accounting for the fact that you could've been earning ~2.2% on the SPG.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 03, 2011, 01:19:53 PM »
Ultimate Rewards Points can be converted into United/Continental Miles.

It's official, United transfer now (in the process of going) live.

DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 03, 2011, 01:30:34 PM »
That's not factoring for the ~2.2% that SPG is worth.
You would need to spend at least $2,000/year on groceries to make up the annual fee on the card when accounting for the fact that you could've been earning ~2.2% on the SPG.

True. But, even so, assuming even a measly grocery budget of $300/month, your awards for using the BCP would be almost double the SPG card (~$150ish vs $80ish).

Additionally, if you buy GC's at the grocery store, you effectively get 6% back on other things as well which could take that $300/month to $500 or even $1000 depending on the individual. Being creative with this card has distinct advantages.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #507 on: October 03, 2011, 01:53:20 PM »
True. But, even so, assuming even a measly grocery budget of $300/month, your awards for using the BCP would be almost double the SPG card (~$150ish vs $80ish).
True, but a good chunk of my grocery spending is at Costco/Sams/BJs which don't qualify for the 6%.

Additionally, if you buy GC's at the grocery store, you effectively get 6% back on other things as well which could take that $300/month to $500 or even $1000 depending on the individual. Being creative with this card has distinct advantages.
Now that's more intriguing.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline smurf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 03, 2011, 02:06:33 PM »
dan,
Is $200 the best link you have for the chase freedom because I've seen $250

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 03, 2011, 02:07:20 PM »
dan,
Is $200 the best link you have for the chase freedom because I've seen $250
I should have a 250 link soon, but feel free to use another 250 link if you need the card now.

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: October 03, 2011, 02:19:24 PM »
Now that's more intriguing.
@Dan: That's quite an understatement.

@AJK: Can you verify that gift cards bought at supermarkets get you the 6% cash back?

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 03, 2011, 02:24:01 PM »
@AJK: Can you verify that gift cards bought at supermarkets get you the 6% cash back?
Can't see why not. It rings up the same as anything else in your shopping cart.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 03, 2011, 02:26:47 PM »

+1 It\s based on the merchant category, which wouldn't change depending on what's in your cart.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 03, 2011, 02:31:29 PM »
Even better in CLE/PIT/CMH areas where Giant Eagle will give you some $12 of free gas for every $100 in GCs you buy.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 03, 2011, 02:53:45 PM »

Though I personally do not have the card (I have the legacy BC which I think I'll keep as it has 5% back on both gas and groceries after 6500 spend), I can confirm (through third parties) it definitely works.

This is true. However, the issuer may become suspicious if they see your monthly grocery bill go from $300 to $3000. I've read at least one forum thread (on FW or FT or whereever) that it raised a red flag.

Even better in CLE/PIT/CMH areas where Giant Eagle will give you some $12 of free gas for every $100 in GCs you buy.
Darn. We need a GE here in the NE.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 02:56:50 PM by Dan »

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 03, 2011, 02:54:30 PM »
Note: this idea would NOT apply for AMEX/VISA GC's as they charge fees which would likely erode all or most of your CB.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 03, 2011, 03:35:06 PM »
Dan: Please note - the $1500 Citi AA business card link is dead (and has been for at least a week). Pretty sure it will remain that way. You may want to update to the $4,000 one.

Offline ItzikJones

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 03, 2011, 03:57:50 PM »
I was looking at the Blue Cash card preferred fine print and it said "Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of American Express Travelers Cheques, purchases or reloading of American Express prepaid cards or purchases of other cash equivalents."

That seems to indicate that gift cards wouldn't work. Y'all are sure that that'll work? Also, for those of you who have bought the gift cards, are you using them to pay off the credit card bill, or are you actually using them at other stores? Is there a limit to how much you can spend monthly at grocery stores?

The fine print also says " 6% for eligible purchases at supermarkets (excluding superstores and warehouse clubs)." Does a store like Target qualify as a superstore? If so, what smaller places are you picking up these cards at?

Additionally, what gift cards aside from the Amex/Visa cards are worthwhile/fee-less and can be used all over? I'm not too familiar with GC's.

I realize I have a lot of questions, I'm a noob and trying to soak this all up.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 03, 2011, 04:10:28 PM »
I was looking at the Blue Cash card preferred fine print and it said "Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of American Express Travelers Cheques, purchases or reloading of American Express prepaid cards or purchases of other cash equivalents."

That seems to indicate that gift cards wouldn't work. Y'all are sure that that'll work?

It works.

Also, for those of you who have bought the gift cards, are you using them to pay off the credit card bill, or are you actually using them at other stores?

I am talking about walking into a ShopRite and buying, for example, a Target GC; therefore, you'd have to use them at the "other stores."

The fine print also says " 6% for eligible purchases at supermarkets (excluding superstores and warehouse clubs)." Does a store like Target qualify as a superstore?

Yes, ordinarily.

If so, what smaller places are you picking up these cards at?

See above.

Additionally, what gift cards aside from the Amex/Visa cards are worthwhile/fee-less and can be used all over? I'm not too familiar with GC's.

None, AFAIK.

Offline smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 03, 2011, 04:39:13 PM »
in my experience with the PRG card shoprite got double points but target didn't.it would probably be the same for the BCP