Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Application Status:

American Express:
http://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus

Bank of America:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/application-status/credit-cards/app-status-form.go?request_locale=en_US
Note, status page shows your appIDs, which you can reference when calling recon.

Barclay's:
Business
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/cas/applications/search?PARTNERID=BUSINESS
Personal
http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/barclays
Business lending: 866-408-4064

Chase:
Chase: 800-432-3117 (Application status)  Dial:  # > 4 > 1 > SSN
Chase: 888-270-2127 (Application reconsideration)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Business card reconsideration)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst reconsideration)
Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Office)
Chase: 888-298-5623 (Credit Reallocation - Consumer)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Credit Reallocation - Business)

Citi:
https://www.accountonline.com/cards/acq/CardApplicationStatus.do

888-201-4523
You will need your appID, can be found in the source code of the page you arrive at after you submit your application, get the source code asap because those confirmation pages tend to timeout/redirect.

BoA:
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/apply-credit-cards/public/application-status/
Credit Department:1-866-695-6598
Reconsideration Department:1-888-503-6091

Discover:
https://www.discovercard.com/checkstatus/

US Bank:
800-947-1444 option 1
Then: 1 for consumer, 2 for business.
Automated app status only works if you have one application, if you have a 2/3bm with US bank, the system will say they can't find your app and transfer you to a CSR.
« Last edited by jose34 on February 20, 2024, 09:02:23 PM »

Author Topic: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's: Your Support Keeps This Site Running!  (Read 3525697 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's.
« Reply #680 on: November 02, 2011, 12:08:09 AM »
A trend not to allow recon on Freedom?

No, a trend with regards to the paragraph at the end of the rejection letter and how it affects your recon.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 02, 2011, 12:18:35 AM »
Just got the letter from chase saying that my freedom app was declined due to too many inquiries for credit or opened accounts with us.
The interesting thing is that usually at the end of the letter there is a paragraph saying you can call to reconsider blah, blah...This letter didn't have that ???
Oh and the letter was dated Oct. 26 and my cards were approved on the 25th does this mean I can call Nov. 25th? and still be reconsidered?
I had the same experience when I applied for the Ink Classic. No invitation to call. I called Recon anyway and it worked.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #682 on: November 02, 2011, 12:19:30 AM »
Shortest. lived. trend. ever. :P
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 02, 2011, 12:23:38 AM »
Shortest. lived. trend. ever. :P

I was suggesting that perhaps there's a difference in whether they invite you to call recon or not, and those that get the invite have an easier time getting approved.

Nothing DovidR wrote tells us my hypothesis is wrong.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #684 on: November 02, 2011, 12:31:58 AM »
I was suggesting that perhaps there's a difference in whether they invite you to call recon or not, and those that get the invite have an easier time getting approved.

How would you ever empirically prove "easier?"
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 02, 2011, 12:33:23 AM »

It was my assumption that I got the 'short' rejection letter because the Chase computer system was tired of handling all the apps I was sending. The reps, however, have a lot of leeway and they know a good customer when they see one  ;)

Then again, I could be wrong.

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 02, 2011, 12:34:18 AM »
How would you ever empirically prove "easier?"

Well, it is easier when they provide a phone number for you to call, isn't it?  :P

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 02, 2011, 12:36:38 AM »
Well, it is easier when they provide a phone number for you to call, isn't it?  :P

Only if you can read English :P

(Some DDF members have trouble with that.)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 02, 2011, 12:45:31 AM »
How would you ever empirically prove easier

All I'm suggesting (for the third time: ) is that perhaps it (having that recon paragraph tacked on) has to do with more than just what card type you signed up for (i.e. some cards have it, some don't), or some other general determinant. I have no empirical evidence proving this hypothesis (nor have I insinuated I do), and you have none proving it wrong.

Offline smurf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 02, 2011, 12:47:55 AM »
All I'm suggesting (for the third time: ) is that perhaps it (having that recon paragraph tacked on) has to do with more than just what card type you signed up for (i.e. some cards have it, some don't), or some other general determinant. I have no empirical evidence proving this hypothesis (nor have I insinuated I do), and you have none proving it wrong.
It could also depend on why you got denied, if it was for credit related reasons they may invite you to call recon, but if it was for an internal Chase reason they may consider the case closed and therefore there is no need to print the number. If you call though you may get the card anyway.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #690 on: November 02, 2011, 12:49:11 AM »

Hmm.. I wonder if there's a trend here :P

Offline moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 02, 2011, 12:54:17 AM »
i've seen the same thing recently and i like to venture a guess  that it has to do with co-branded cards vs. chase cards (there are generally better and easier reasons to recon. co-branded ie:i need it for that hotel\airline but try explaing why u need saphire saphire preffered and freedom likkewise with the ink cards, i'm not saying i havent done it but it took alot more imagination and cajoling)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 02, 2011, 12:57:25 AM »
i've seen the same thing recently and i like to venture a guess  that it has to do with co-branded cards vs. chase cards (there are generally better and easier reasons to recon. co-branded ie:i need it for that hotel\airline but try explaing why u need saphire saphire preffered and freedom likkewise with the ink cards, i'm not saying i havent done it but it took alot more imagination and cajoling)

I'd argue it's the other way around and Chase prefers you get their own cards.

I've also had an easy time explaining I prefer the Chase cards for the specific benefits they offer (these days I really do!), e.g. Chase exclusives.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 02, 2011, 01:02:27 AM »

I've also had an easy time explaining I prefer the Chase cards for the specific benefits they offer (these days I really do!), e.g. Chase exclusives.

Do tell.

Offline arie

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 02, 2011, 01:02:58 AM »
when i first called, the rep actually told me that i was denied because i already have the sapphire card and it's the same as the freedom ( ???) , i told her to please double check that, because i know people that have both. Though she acknowledged her error (and then said i was denied because of too many open accounts..) you might be on to something

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 02, 2011, 01:06:01 AM »
Do tell.

The point bonuses on the Freedom card and some of the Ink cards are being marketed as Chase Exclusive bonuses.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 02, 2011, 01:07:51 AM »
The point bonuses on the Freedom card and some of the Ink cards are being marketed as Chase Exclusive bonuses.

Ah, right right. Thankee for clarifying.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 02, 2011, 01:15:54 AM »
Ah, right right. Thankee for clarifying.

Welcomee.

Offline moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 02, 2011, 07:56:15 AM »

I'd agree but the evidence seems to support my theory
my explanation would be that your reason belongs to the marketing department, not the credit approval department which is more concerned about how much credit u have why u need it and why u need so many different cards

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 02, 2011, 08:26:31 AM »
I'd agree but the evidence seems to support my theory
my explanation would be that your reason belongs to the marketing department, not the credit approval department which is more concerned about how much credit u have why u need it and why u need so many different cards

The analysts will accept that reason (at least IME) for the same reason they'll accept 'I got the United card because I plan on flying United a lot and...', it simply means (assuming they trust you) you're not a credit risk because your application isn't due to you needing credit.

IOW, if it's a plausible explanation for why you need the card, why would co-branded-card- explanations be any better than non-co-branded-card-explanations?