Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Application Status:

American Express:
http://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus

Bank of America:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/application-status/credit-cards/app-status-form.go?request_locale=en_US
Note, status page shows your appIDs, which you can reference when calling recon.

Barclay's:
Business
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/cas/applications/search?PARTNERID=BUSINESS
Personal
http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/barclays
Business lending: 866-408-4064

Chase:
Chase: 800-432-3117 (Application status)  Dial:  # > 4 > 1 > SSN
Chase: 888-270-2127 (Application reconsideration)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Business card reconsideration)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst reconsideration)
Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Office)
Chase: 888-298-5623 (Credit Reallocation - Consumer)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Credit Reallocation - Business)

Citi:
https://www.accountonline.com/cards/acq/CardApplicationStatus.do

888-201-4523
You will need your appID, can be found in the source code of the page you arrive at after you submit your application, get the source code asap because those confirmation pages tend to timeout/redirect.

BoA:
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/apply-credit-cards/public/application-status/
Credit Department:1-866-695-6598
Reconsideration Department:1-888-503-6091

Discover:
https://www.discovercard.com/checkstatus/

US Bank:
800-947-1444 option 1
Then: 1 for consumer, 2 for business.
Automated app status only works if you have one application, if you have a 2/3bm with US bank, the system will say they can't find your app and transfer you to a CSR.
« Last edited by jose34 on February 20, 2024, 09:02:23 PM »

Author Topic: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's: Your Support Keeps This Site Running!  (Read 3525292 times)

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's.
« Reply #880 on: November 10, 2011, 06:08:01 PM »
Yup, as a general rule of thumb that's correct. There are of course exceptions. If you've  got a good Dunn and Bradstreet credit report for your business, as well as very high business income, you can get approved for a card or credit line with no personal guarantee.

Right, but those aren't the norm, they're the exception.

Something tell me that isn't true unless there are extenuating circumstances, e.g. commingling of funds.

I don't think so. You can ask next time you apply.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #881 on: November 10, 2011, 06:15:39 PM »
I don't think so. You can ask next time you apply.

You'd only be liable if, in your CC T&C, you agreed to/signed a personal guarantee. Generally, though, an LLC would protect you (again, unless there was something that compelled piercing the corporate veil).
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 10, 2011, 06:45:22 PM »
You'd only be liable if, in your CC T&C, you agreed to/signed a personal guarantee. Generally, though, an LLC would protect you (again, unless there was something that compelled piercing the corporate veil).

Amex business (not corporate) cards have the following terms:

Quote from: Amex biz app T&C
By submitting this application, you, as an individual and the Authorizing Officer of the Company, (a) are requesting us to open an Account in the name of the Company, (b) are requesting that we issue Card(s) as you direct, (c) are agreeing to be jointly and severally liable with the Company for all charges to the account, and (d) are REPRESENTING THAT ALL CARD(S) ISSUED ON THE ACCOUNT WILL ONLY BE USED FOR COMMERCIAL OR BUSINESS PURPOSES.

I imagine other issuers have similar terms, Amex was the first I checked. I think this is the norm, LLC or not. How a court would interpret this is another story.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #883 on: November 10, 2011, 06:51:32 PM »

I imagine other issuers have similar terms, Amex was the first I checked. I think this is the norm, LLC or not. How a court would interpret this is another story.

Good find. It seems at least possible that a court may find this to be a personal guarantee.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline clownaparte

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 10, 2011, 07:30:41 PM »
Good find. It seems at least possible that a court may find this to be a personal guarantee.

By submitting this application, you, as an individual and the Authorizing Officer of the Company, (a) are requesting us to open an Account in the name of the Company, (b) are requesting that we issue Card(s) as you direct, (c) are agreeing to be jointly and severally liable with the Company for all charges to the account, and (d) are REPRESENTING THAT ALL CARD(S) ISSUED ON THE ACCOUNT WILL ONLY BE USED FOR COMMERCIAL OR BUSINESS PURPOSES.

It is definitely intended as such. They all make it quite difficult to get a NPG card. For those that do want one, it is usually advisable to start with a NPG line of credit at a retailer such as Staples, Quill, Home Depot, or the like. Those retailers will generally want at least 2 million in revenue. If you meet those criteria and get those lines, it is possible to start thinking about getting a NPG card.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #885 on: November 10, 2011, 07:32:39 PM »
It is definitely intended as such.

But does it work...

Offline clownaparte

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile

Online moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 10, 2011, 08:45:25 PM »

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 10, 2011, 08:56:26 PM »

I think this is standard for the biz cards us churners get approved for (often as sole proprietors).

Offline dans fan

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 10, 2011, 09:49:33 PM »
whats the best biz card to get for s/o spending 100k a year 40k on travel and 60k on other should i do 2% acrooss the board or take one with x3(/x4/x5 if available) on travel and 1 point for rest ? i was told chase has a 5% on travel does anyone know of this

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #891 on: November 10, 2011, 10:03:40 PM »
whats the best biz card to get for s/o spending 100k a year 40k on travel and 60k on other should i do 2% acrooss the board or take one with x3(/x4/x5 if available) on travel and 1 point for rest ? i was told chase has a 5% on travel does anyone know of this
Has to be biz?
Otherwise put the travel on Sapphire and everything else on Ink Bold with checking.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline clownaparte

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's.
« Reply #892 on: November 10, 2011, 10:09:17 PM »
Thanks, I had no idea what that meant  ::)
Welcome. :)
 Also, note that despite some states restricting this with regard to Tort law, credit cards would presumably be included in contract law.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 11, 2011, 11:52:48 AM »
Busy night:

Thanks for posting this, Chaikel (though I would've seen it elsewhere). 136k MR, here I come :D

Approved for the MB 50k offer on 11/4/ early AM, got the card on 11/6 or 11/7, spend $1k that night, points posted yesterday (11/10). 50k MR within a week, easiest 50k ever! FTW!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 12:08:39 PM by AsherO »

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 11, 2011, 12:04:07 PM »
....easiest $50k ever! FTW!

It's a good thing you're not responsible for typographical errors ;)  I wonder who'd pay $50k for 50k MR points!  That's a dollar per point!

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 11, 2011, 12:09:31 PM »
It's a good thing you're not responsible for typographical errors ;)  I wonder who'd pay $50k for 50k MR points!  That's a dollar per point!

:D Thanks for the correction. I'm just grateful to be out of the red, as I did a huge MR advance to transfer to CO before 9/30.

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 11, 2011, 12:24:52 PM »
So I (really my wife) now have 86k MR points.  We never had any MR points before this and all our miles are in CO (about 400k) except for about 150k starpoints.  Is it sometimes possible to transfer from MR to Starwood?  and is it ever a good deal?

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 11, 2011, 12:28:25 PM »
So I (really my wife) now have 86k MR points.  We never had any MR points before this and all our miles are in CO (about 400k) except for about 150k starpoints.  Is it sometimes possible to transfer from MR to Starwood?  and is it ever a good deal?

You can always transfer MR to starpoints at a 3:1 ratio (1k MR = 333 SPG), they're currently* offering 25% off so it's 750 MR = 333 SPG, but still not worth it IMHO.

*until 12/31/2011

Offline PETERP

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: November 11, 2011, 02:18:55 PM »
Approved for the MB 50k offer on 11/4/ early AM, got the card on 11/6 or 11/7, spend $1k that night, points posted yesterday (11/10). 50k MR within a week, easiest 50k ever! FTW!

I drive an old Benz in NYC . Is there a link for the card? I have 3 Amex cards now . Got last 2 in last 3 months . Why would I tell them I need this ?
Repairs would be easy to meet any spend f I brought it to dealer to fix  ;D

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 11, 2011, 02:24:23 PM »
I drive an old Benz in NYC . Is there a link for the card? I have 3 Amex cards now . Got last 2 in last 3 months . Why would I tell them I need this ?
Repairs would be easy to meet any spend f I brought it to dealer to fix  ;D

There's a thread for this card, try a search. You can probably get the card if you have good credit/income. Spend requirement is only $1k and you can spend it anywhere Amex is accepted.