Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Application Status:

American Express:
http://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus

Bank of America:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/application-status/credit-cards/app-status-form.go?request_locale=en_US
Note, status page shows your appIDs, which you can reference when calling recon.

Barclay's:
Business
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/cas/applications/search?PARTNERID=BUSINESS
Personal
http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/barclays
Business lending: 866-408-4064

Chase:
Chase: 800-432-3117 (Application status)  Dial:  # > 4 > 1 > SSN
Chase: 888-270-2127 (Application reconsideration)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Business card reconsideration)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst reconsideration)
Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Office)
Chase: 888-298-5623 (Credit Reallocation - Consumer)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Credit Reallocation - Business)

Citi:
https://www.accountonline.com/cards/acq/CardApplicationStatus.do

888-201-4523
You will need your appID, can be found in the source code of the page you arrive at after you submit your application, get the source code asap because those confirmation pages tend to timeout/redirect.

BoA:
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/apply-credit-cards/public/application-status/
Credit Department:1-866-695-6598
Reconsideration Department:1-888-503-6091

Discover:
https://www.discovercard.com/checkstatus/

US Bank:
800-947-1444 option 1
Then: 1 for consumer, 2 for business.
Automated app status only works if you have one application, if you have a 2/3bm with US bank, the system will say they can't find your app and transfer you to a CSR.
« Last edited by jose34 on February 20, 2024, 09:02:23 PM »

Author Topic: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's: Your Support Keeps This Site Running!  (Read 3525406 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's.
« Reply #1000 on: November 28, 2011, 10:05:00 AM »
That seems like a ridiculous practice.

I can very easily see someone charging beyond their credit limit because they had no idea it was reduced unilaterally.

They'll probably send a letter. I agree I'd prefer they didn't do it unilaterally, but better than a rejection (via recon).
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1001 on: November 28, 2011, 10:05:29 AM »
My first year free with the AMEX PRG has ended.

Do I need to be concerned about closing an AMEX the same way I need to be concerned with closing a Chase card? In other words, should I apply for more AMEX's before closing this to exchange the "credit line?"

They'll probably send a letter. I agree I'd prefer they didn't do it unilaterally, but better than a rejection (via recon).

I guess that depends on your goal. I guess most DDF'ers would agree with you, but I can see it wreaking havoc on a person who didn't sign up for the sign-up bonus and depends on his/her CL.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 28, 2011, 10:10:33 AM »
My first year free with the AMEX PRG has ended.

Do I need to be concerned about closing an AMEX the same way I need to be concerned with closing a Chase card? In other words, should I apply for more AMEX's before closing this to exchange the "credit line?"

I don't think so, isn't it a charge card (so no CL for leverage)? Also IME Amex has been quicker to approve (compared to Chase), YMMV.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #1003 on: November 28, 2011, 10:10:55 AM »
but I can see it wreaking havoc on a person who didn't sign up for the sign-up bonus and depends on his/her CL.

No doubt. Chase is already known for doing such things. They take action first, notify the customer (or ask questions) later.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1004 on: November 28, 2011, 10:14:54 AM »
I don't think so, isn't it a charge card (so no CL for leverage)? Also IME Amex has been quicker to approve (compared to Chase), YMMV.

Yeah, it is a charge card, I was just wondering if, after applying for (a) new card(s), they'd approve me more easily if I agreed to close one existing account with them.

And as far as AMEX vs Chase and ease of approval, I agree 100%. I have a much longer history with AMEX and a much larger amount of credit, so I've never had any problem with AMEX approving me. Just thought I run it by you guys to make sure I covered my bases before closing the PRG.

No doubt. Chase is already known for doing such things. They take action first, notify the customer (or ask questions) later.

Great way to run a business. I can't believe this kind of stuff still happens with EECBs and Social Media.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: November 28, 2011, 10:16:10 AM »
Yeah, it is a charge card, I was just wondering if, after applying for (a) new card(s), they'd approve me more easily if I agreed to close one existing account with them.

I'm not sure. With my Amex experience I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially since I have enough Amex cards I wouldn't mind closing.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 28, 2011, 10:18:37 AM »
I'm not sure. With my Amex experience I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially since I have enough Amex cards I wouldn't mind closing.

+1, me too. Is the best AMEX offer the 50K AMEX MB running around? Any other enticing offers? Been watching Chase so much I've kind of neglected AMEX (especially after pillaging them with matches).

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 28, 2011, 10:25:47 AM »
Dan, why not include MB Plat in the OP?
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 28, 2011, 10:27:03 AM »
+1, me too. Is the best AMEX offer the 50K AMEX MB running around? Any other enticing offers? Been watching Chase so much I've kind of neglected AMEX (especially after pillaging them with matches).

There's also a few 50k vanilla Plat links, and the 75k biz gold (with $10k spend) might still be live.

Dan, why not include MB Plat in the OP?

Methinks the OP is for DDF links, please use those when possible to support the site.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 28, 2011, 10:28:48 AM »
There's also a few 50k vanilla Plat links, and the 75k biz gold (with $10k spend) might still be live.

Yeah, I have the vanilla Plat already and the Biz gold.

Got 100K for the former and ~150K for the latter (with AUs).

So I guess the AMEX Plat MB is the only one worth applying for? (Also, just to confirm, one can have the MB Plat and the vanilla Plat concurrently, right?)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 28, 2011, 10:31:15 AM »
Yeah, I have the vanilla Plat already and the Biz gold.

Got 100K for the former and ~150K for the latter (with AUs).

So I guess the AMEX Plat MB is the only one worth applying for? (Also, just to confirm, one can have the MB Plat and the vanilla Plat concurrently, right?)

Yes, you can have them concurrently. There might be a biz plat as well, might be worth going 2/3BM to get the airline credits and whatever signup bonus is being offered there. You might want to also consider an SPG, Gold, PRG, and/or the Delta 30k (once you're getting the pull anyway)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 28, 2011, 10:34:30 AM »
Yes, you can have them concurrently. There might be a biz plat as well, might be worth going 2/3BM to get the airline credits and whatever signup bonus is being offered there. You might want to also consider an SPG, Gold, PRG, and/or the Delta 30k (once you're getting the pull anyway)

Thanks.

Have the PRG, BGR, Plat and a few others.

I'll probably go for MB, SPG, and Delta.

(Still need to figure out a way to get the value out of my airline credit from my current Plat. Normally fly Delta so chose them and used $25 worth, but have status and get free baggage so there goes that avenue. I may actually have to go to the Delta ticketing office and purchase a GC which can ONLY be used via the ticketing office. Unreal.)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 28, 2011, 10:38:38 AM »
(Still need to figure out a way to get the value out of my airline credit from my current Plat. Normally fly Delta so chose them and used $25 worth, but have status and get free baggage so there goes that avenue. I may actually have to go to the Delta ticketing office and purchase a GC which can ONLY be used via the ticketing office. Unreal.)

You can try calling to change the airline, though apparently that's much more difficult once you have any credits.

BTW, which is currently more lucrative for resale, AA or CO?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 28, 2011, 10:40:00 AM »
You can try calling to change the airline, though apparently that's much more difficult once you have any credits.

Yeah, I'll do that. Thanks.

BTW, which is currently more lucrative for resale, AA or CO?

I think CO is more valuable by a smidgen.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 28, 2011, 10:40:49 AM »
I think CO is more valuable by a smidgen.

Even though AA allows you to use multiple GCs on one purchase, hmmm.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 28, 2011, 10:42:51 AM »
Even though AA allows you to use multiple GCs on one purchase, hmmm.

Oops, I thought you were asking about resale of miles. Brain fart.

I'm not sure about resale for GCs. Would be very interested to know, considering I'd want to switch (if even possible) to whatever is the most lucrative.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 28, 2011, 11:33:53 AM »
Methinks the OP is for DDF links, please use those when possible to support the site.
There's no DDF link for the MB Plat?
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1017 on: November 28, 2011, 11:35:56 AM »
-I've had Chase automatically reduce a line to approve a new card this year, no biggie.

-Empirical evidence suggests that you should be able to buy a DL ticket of $150 or less and get the refund.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 28, 2011, 11:38:28 AM »
There's no DDF link for the MB Plat?

Not AFAIK, I don't think there'll be one either. Dan, please CMIIW.

(I did notice there's an AA 50k link (in the OP) which I don't think is a DDF link, but that's probably an exception)

-Empirical evidence suggests that you should be able to buy a DL ticket of $150 or less and get the refund.

+1, IIRC it's been confirmed on DDF.

Edit: a search for "delta ticket" in the $200 credit thread shows it's a YMMV, at least based on what's reported in those search results.

Offline PETERP

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 28, 2011, 12:08:27 PM »
  Maybe asked and answered but I did not see it/remember.

Is using 2 different puters both running I.E . on the same ISP the  same as 2 browsers?
Thanks