Author Topic: Anyone ever apply for the same card twice minutes apart?  (Read 1915 times)

Offline azhoopsfan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Anyone ever apply for the same card twice minutes apart?
« on: June 07, 2011, 12:42:18 PM »
I successfully acquired the Bank of America Hawaiian Airlines Card (35k after $1k in spend) and the Bank of Hawaii Hawaiian Airlines Card (35k after $1k in spend). 

I was doing the same for my wife just now using the two browser method.  However, when the I returned to the window for the Bank of Hawaii application it was the main Bank of Hawaii home page (as opposed to to confirmation that the application was received).  I immediately completed another app and noticed that the page re-directs a few seconds after it gives you the confirmation screen.  So that's 3 total apps --- two for Bank of Hawaii and one for Bank of America.

Any chance my wife gets three cards (i.e., 2 from BofH)?

Interestingly, the cards for both BofA and BofH are managed by the same card company FIA Card Services.  When I applied for both (about 3 weeks ago), I received a phone call asking if the two apps were intentional and whether I wanted two cards -- I said yes and they said no problem.  I received both cards and one is BofH and one is BofA.  The same welcome packet and details were included with each card. 

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Anyone ever apply for the same card twice minutes apart?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 12:44:23 PM »
I've applied for and received 2 SPG Business cards simultaneously.  No problem with the bonuses either.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline lakebagger

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 01:45:00 AM »
How long ago was that?

Offline Hudi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 11:27:26 AM »
I've applied for and received 2 SPG Business cards simultaneously.  No problem with the bonuses either.

Dan, are you saying that SPG Business cards are churn-able?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 04:04:56 PM »
Dan, are you saying that SPG Business cards are churn-able?
All cards are churnable.  Just depends how many phone calls you have to make sometimes.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.