Author Topic: Problems buying amex gift cards  (Read 1611 times)

Offline ecomajor

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Problems buying amex gift cards
« on: June 07, 2011, 01:30:42 PM »
I bought a few amex gift cards.  Now all of sudden when I try to buy a gift card, it cancels all my orders and I have not been able to successfully buy them.  I even tried under my wifes account and it did not work and got the same problem.  I called amex gift cards and they could not give me a straight answer.  I am going crazy.  Any eitzos?

Offline haxx19

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Problems buying amex gift cards
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 01:43:51 PM »
I bought a few amex gift cards.  Now all of sudden when I try to buy a gift card, it cancels all my orders and I have not been able to successfully buy them.  I even tried under my wifes account and it did not work and got the same problem.  I called amex gift cards and they could not give me a straight answer.  I am going crazy.  Any eitzos?

Are you purchasing with an Amex? There's been quite a few reports of people not being able to purchase Amex GCs with their Amex cards anymore. Amex has been on a tear trying to eliminate anything that might smell of a cash advance.

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 12:28:58 PM »
Any luck with these gift cards recently?

Offline ljderm

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 01:45:28 PM »
I purchased 7k onto my Amex about 6 weeks ago w/o problems. Two weeks ago I purchased $1200 on the Saphire Visa in my same account w/o trouble. Then, just this week, I did a $100 graduation card order to the original AMEX card, without a hitch.

I realise that this is not much information, but some of you are asking. All it tells me is that it is not an across-the-board policy to reject those purchases.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:54:04 PM by ljderm »