Author Topic: boycotting delta?  (Read 4556 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: boycotting delta?
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 11:13:49 AM »
lol.       
on a more serious note, the government should foot the bill. and, in truth, i assume they will be reimbursing the soldiers. it's not delta's responsibility.
The government does reimburse AFAIK, it was just a matter of the soldiers laying out the cash.

But there are plenty of other reasons to boycott Delta, such as a pathetic mileage program and alliance...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 02:30:43 PM »
But there are plenty of other reasons to boycott Delta, such as a pathetic mileage program and alliance...
can't argue with that   

Offline mclovin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »
lol lol nope guess not from what i have read it would not have helped much.

think about it this way israel goes to war a huge serious war and all the soldiers that live in the usa went running to help and ELAL said sorry cnt help you unless you pay for the flight oh about 1500-2000 dont care that israel is at war and you guys are needed to bad so what you are/were in a elite unit and you are desperately needed to bad pay up or dont fly all of you and the rest of the jewish world would rip elal a new one big big time there would be tons of bad press and calls for boycotting them for having the balls for doing some thing like that but according to all of you guys is logic its ok cuz hey money is money and this is there police and this is there rules set in place think about it for 1 min
are you sending those soldiers a check for their luggage? why should delta pay for it? where is your thanks? sure it would have been nice but they didnt have to and all airlines charge.

Offline bhphotoman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 10:28:59 PM »
i have gotten many many friends solid good deals on gear the need that the army does not pay for and dan they will never see the money from the army

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 10:30:27 PM »
i have gotten many many friends solid good deals on gear the need that the army does not pay for and dan they will never see the money from the army
Connection?
When soldiers are traveling on military orders the gov't will pick up the tab for baggage.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline bhphotoman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 10:47:09 PM »
it can take yrs for them to see the money a previous poster suggested i send a check so i said i have done my part

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 04:58:40 AM »
Genius. It would have been nice to sign the check first...

Offline ChAiM'l

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 07:15:54 AM »

Think about it this way. Israel goes to war, a huge serious war, and all the soldiers that live in the USA go running to help. So ELAL says "Sorry, we can't help you, unless you pay about $1500-$2000 for the flight. We don't care that Israel is at war, and you guys are needed. Too bad. So what if you are/were in a elite unit, and you are desperately needed, too bad. Pay up or don't fly."

All of you and the rest of the Jewish world would rip ELAL a new one big big time. There would be tons of bad press, and calls for boycotting them for having the balls to do something like that. But according to all of you guy's logic, it's okay because, "Hey, money is money, this is their policy, and these are the rules set in place". Think about it for a minute. 

FTFY
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:00:52 AM by ChAiM'l »

Offline bhphotoman

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2011, 06:48:25 PM »

Offline Sorce

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2011, 04:13:28 PM »
this whole topic is pointless because the military would have reimbursed the soldiers in the end anyways. they just wanted their 15 minutes in the spotlight and be a bunch of whiny bitches.