Author Topic: hyatt status match  (Read 190445 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: hyatt status match
« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2011, 01:24:04 PM »
Off icially they don't allow the upgarde on Reward Redemptions either. So i made a reservation then called the Gm at the hotel.  He said if the rooms available he doesnt see why not.  I then called Gold Passport and told them that the hotel said I could do it. they said since the hotel said ok they will do it!  Try that with priceline
Yup, totally at the discretion of the hotel.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline S G

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2011, 04:01:08 PM »
Off icially they don't allow the upgarde on Reward Redemptions either. So i made a reservation then called the Gm at the hotel.  He said if the rooms available he doesnt see why not.  I then called Gold Passport and told them that the hotel said I could do it. they said since the hotel said ok they will do it!  Try that with priceline

It worked!! Talked to the manager and they have upgraded me to a suite. Can also enjoy all the diamond memeber benefits..  :D

Thanks all for your help!

Offline mneuman

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2011, 12:02:04 PM »
You will get suites if you are diamond at the time you apply for the Hyatt card.

Dan,

If I attain Diamond Trial Status right after I get the Hyatt card, will that in any way prevent me from getting the 2 suite upgrades, or does it not make a difference?

thanks!

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2011, 03:45:54 PM »
Dan,

If I attain Diamond Trial Status right after I get the Hyatt card, will that in any way prevent me from getting the 2 suite upgrades, or does it not make a difference?

thanks!
The suite upgrades you get. but not the free nights at a suite.

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2011, 04:07:58 PM »
Dan,

thanks!
http://www.dansdeals.com/forums/index.php?topic=3204.msg101112#msg101112
and read post 208

Offline elikay

• View Profile

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #166 on: August 28, 2011, 04:29:19 PM »

Offline schlomo

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2011, 05:26:01 PM »
Looks like I lost my previous post and am retrying now  (???)---I apologize if this turns up twice!

I have read threads galore about this particular issue and could not find an answer.  Please help if you have personally experienced the answer to the following issue:

I am now a Diamond (for the next 45 days or so) and will book a Suite for use in December.   When I arrive in December, I will no longer be a Diamond, just a low Platinum .  :-)

Will the Hyatt treat me as Platinum (no free breakfasts, etc.) or will they see that I was a Diamond when I booked and treat me accordingly?  (If no, does anyone have a simple--and cheap-- solution to this?)

(Thank you to Dan for the great explanation on how to take advantage of this deal.   It is because you spend the time to lay it all out for us that I use your links.  Hope you get some small benefit from that.)

Offline schlomo

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 30, 2011, 03:40:27 PM »
Bumping my last post, hoping someone will respond!   ;D

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 31, 2011, 03:53:47 PM »
Can you use a suite upgrade certificate on an award stay?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #170 on: August 31, 2011, 04:00:03 PM »
Nope.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SPLP

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 31, 2011, 04:37:12 PM »
Looks like I lost my previous post and am retrying now  (???)---I apologize if this turns up twice!

I have read threads galore about this particular issue and could not find an answer.  Please help if you have personally experienced the answer to the following issue:

I am now a Diamond (for the next 45 days or so) and will book a Suite for use in December.   When I arrive in December, I will no longer be a Diamond, just a low Platinum .  :-)

Will the Hyatt treat me as Platinum (no free breakfasts, etc.) or will they see that I was a Diamond when I booked and treat me accordingly?  (If no, does anyone have a simple--and cheap-- solution to this?)

(Thank you to Dan for the great explanation on how to take advantage of this deal.   It is because you spend the time to lay it all out for us that I use your links.  Hope you get some small benefit from that.)

brkfst --they will treat you as whatever is your status at check in ---as far as the room --it will be as the reservation was made

If u find a way around this -- share!

Offline ez1985

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 31, 2011, 05:22:02 PM »
Not arguing with Dan CV but even though the rule is you can't,  I once made a reward reservation, then called the hotel front desk and asked if they had any suites available and asked if they had a problem with me using an upgrade even though it was a reward stay.  They told me they didn't mind (probably because they had no idea what I meant) then I called Gold Passport and told them that the hotel said they didn't have a problem with it, they said if the hotel has no problem with it, then its fine with us.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 31, 2011, 05:30:05 PM »
Not arguing with Dan CV but even though the rule is you can't,  I once made a reward reservation, then called the hotel front desk and asked if they had any suites available and asked if they had a problem with me using an upgrade even though it was a reward stay.  They told me they didn't mind (probably because they had no idea what I meant) then I called Gold Passport and told them that the hotel said they didn't have a problem with it, they said if the hotel has no problem with it, then its fine with us.
Yup, I've done that as well, but of course that is YMMV and up to the discretion of the hotel.  I've also gotten presidential suites on awards by emailing the hotel beforehand without using a cert.  Did it at the PH MEL for example.

The rule however, is still no.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 31, 2011, 05:54:10 PM »
Yup, I've done that as well, but of course that is YMMV and up to the discretion of the hotel.  I've also gotten presidential suites on awards by emailing the hotel beforehand without using a cert.  Did it at the PH MEL for example.

The rule however, is still no.

Great, thanks so much!
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline schlomo

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2011, 03:03:20 PM »
brkfst --they will treat you as whatever is your status at check in ---as far as the room --it will be as the reservation was made

If u find a way around this -- share!

Thanks, SPLP.   Here is some conflicting info I found on flyertalk (sticky post on Hyatt):

Hyatt’s computers attach the status at the time of reservation to the reservation record. In order to ensure that the property recognizes your upgraded status, a call to Hyatt CS or the property is required.

That might be good news, if true!

Offline SPLP

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 03, 2011, 05:16:17 PM »
Thanks, SPLP.   Here is some conflicting info I found on flyertalk (sticky post on Hyatt):

Hyatt’s computers attach the status at the time of reservation to the reservation record. In order to ensure that the property recognizes your upgraded status, a call to Hyatt CS or the property is required.

That might be good news, if true!

Did not get a link i assume forbidden on DANS -- not familiar with " sticky post"---

Conflicting phone info:
I re-called Hyatt i was told at time of resv status is in resv---- I have reservation for april  my diamond expired yesterday --so i will be ok---- also now on 2nd phone call  told will get brkfst in dining room as hotel has no regency club

got 2 stories :
  1st. my upgrades exp feb 2012 can not apply them to resv after feb -- 2nd story can apply them to resv after feb if make resv b4 end feb

asked abt re-cfming told no need , u made resv --SHOW UP

any input? anyone!

Offline myb821

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 03, 2011, 11:22:10 PM »
is it strange that on my hyatt account it says im diamond even though it also says that it expired aug 31 2011

Offline kishmich

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Priority Club + Hyatt - Platinum / Best Western - Diamond / HHonors + SPG - Gold
« Reply #178 on: September 03, 2011, 11:38:23 PM »
is it strange that on my hyatt account it says im diamond even though it also says that it expired aug 31 2011

Same here. Hope it stays, but not gonna hold my breath.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #179 on: September 04, 2011, 02:36:44 AM »
Same here. Hope it stays, but not gonna hold my breath.
It always takes a few days to update.
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com