Author Topic: A word of caution regarding cardcash.com  (Read 11877 times)

Offline r3131

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: A word of caution regarding cardcash.com
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 09:29:55 AM »
I had no problem using GC at Hyatt.....at least the one that had actual value.  I had one with zero balance on arrival.   Obviously check the balance the minute it comes in.   They come in email within a few minutes....at least mine did. 

Offline farmbochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 09:47:15 AM »

I had no problem using GC at Hyatt....
Which Hyatt?
Did you print yours or just show them a GC number?

They come in email within a few minutes....at least mine did.
1st order?
Risk is opportunity

Offline farmbochur

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 09:49:41 AM »
Also before you buy call the hotel and make sure they accept it
Do you mean make sure they accept Hyatt gc's in general or gc's sold from card cash?
Can't imagine it'd good to make them aware that my gc's are from a 3rd party seller.
Risk is opportunity

Offline hide4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 09:50:41 AM »
Which Hyatt?
Did you print yours or just show them a GC number?
Why would you have to print them if it's an electronic gift card? Isn't that the whole point???

Do you mean make sure they accept Hyatt gc's in general or gc's sold from card cash?
Can't imagine it'd good to make them aware that my gc's are from a 3rd party seller.
Don't Tell them it's from a third party. (Btw Staples and Amazon are also considered third party).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:54:48 AM by hide4 »

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2017, 09:56:41 AM »
gift cards in general

Offline hide4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2017, 10:03:05 AM »
gift cards in general
According to the Hyatt website they accept gift cards at andaz 5th Ave though I would call to make sure it's accurate.

Offline doobie

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Cardcash.com - plea to Dan
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2017, 01:08:20 PM »
I purchased a $200 Ikea gift back in January 2017 as a result of the special deal Dan had with Cardcash: http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/104380

Unfortunately when I received the card I didn't check the balance as there is no online facility. I later found out Ikea gift cards are notorious to track the balances of because they don't have an online website and you have to call in and someone emails you the balance 24 hours until recently where they now can check over the phone.

Anyway I came to use the card recently in June 2017 (outside the 45 days) and found the balance zero. After investigating the card with Ikea it turned out that the card was purchased and then the purchaser did a chargeback on their credit card. According to Ikea this occurred back in Dec 2016 before I purchased it according. I've tried to reach out to Cardcash via the special email address dandeals@cardcash.com but there has been no response.

I realize that I am outside the 45 day guarantee policy but feel Cardcash has acted dishonestly by not checking the balance of the card before sending it to me or perhaps knowing it was empty beforehand. I would expect them to check all gift cards have credit before shipping them. I've been an avid follower on this site and while I don't expect to get all or any of the money back I would suggest DanDeals consider reviewing their relationship with Cardcash. While the goal of this website is to save money I never would have thought to lose money. I think any gift card recommendations should be from reputable vendors because of the challenges of tracking balances.

Offline Tuna Baygel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2017, 01:57:22 PM »
I have had great experiences with Card cash

Had a similar situation and was refunded

Why the need to smear a company because of them not extending they're warranty as a courtesy

I'm no big guy on the forums but this is your first thread along with your 14 posts, a word of caution regarding you!

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2017, 02:13:49 PM »

I have had great experiences with Card cash

Had a similar situation and was refunded

Why the need to smear a company because of them not extending they're warranty as a courtesy

I'm no big guy on the forums but this is your first thread along with your 14 posts, a word of caution regarding you!

1) "Smear" is false accusations, that isn't the case here.
2) noone is asking them to extend the warranty, but if it's true that many cards have problems after the warranty that definitely is a very good reason to stay away. Just because my fridge has a one year warranty doesn't mean it's expected to break then.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2017, 02:47:05 PM »
I dont know why you are looking at this like a warranty. You should be looking at it as an expiration. Do you not buy milk because eventually it will expire? No, you just make sure to drink it before expires

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2017, 02:49:20 PM »
I dont know why you are looking at this like a warranty. You should be looking at it as an expiration. Do you not buy milk because eventually it will expire? No, you just make sure to drink it before expires
Because the general business practice of gift cards (and how they are marketed by retailers) is that they don't expire. All the cases where the funds are missing involve FRAUD!
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline joe1234

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2017, 02:57:23 PM »
Such a business should have a department that works on fraud specifically (which to my knowledge they do). Unless they specifically write that unless the GC is used within 45 days you forfeit all rights to the GC, they have an obligation to back their sale and look into the fraud.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2017, 02:59:23 PM »
Why is this so hard to understand? If you won't use it within 45 days then don't buy it...

"We guarantee protection against gift card fraud and unscrupulous gift card sellers when used within our 45 day policy. We recommend you use the gift cards right away so we can fully back the cards. We guarantee that all card balance discrepancies reported to us within 45 days of the purchase date will be fully refunded."
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline joe1234

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2017, 03:06:03 PM »
Why is this so hard to understand? If you won't use it within 45 days then don't buy it...

"We guarantee protection against gift card fraud and unscrupulous gift card sellers when used within our 45 day policy. We recommend you use the gift cards right away so we can fully back the cards. We guarantee that all card balance discrepancies reported to us within 45 days of the purchase date will be fully refunded."
+1 seems pretty clear. i didnt read it, i just assumed what was written according to what other people wrote.

Offline nobiggy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2017, 03:09:48 PM »
I've used a GC bought from them within 45 days and months down the line Nordstrom started canceling orders from me since I used a fraudulent GC. I sorted it out at the end with them but come on I would expect better from someone that sells GC's.

Offline bermo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 03:11:41 PM »

Just because my fridge has a one year warranty doesn't mean it's expected to break then.
It's more of a similar to eBay policy.
It makes sense that once the time frame passes they can't be responsible for  sellers that are out there to scam.

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2017, 03:13:09 PM »
It's more of a similar to eBay policy.
It makes sense that once the time frame passes they can't be responsible for  sellers that are out there to scam.
They don't have to be responsible, still a great reason to stay away if you have an alternative

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2017, 03:33:48 PM »
They don't have to be responsible, still a great reason to stay away if you have an alternative
i will gladly stay away if you find someone who sells the same product, gives 5x and has a longer guarantee.

The reason for the guarantee is simple. They withhold payment from the buyer for 45 days to ensure he doesn't use it. How long do you want them to withhold payment for? (I don't know this for a fact I'm assuming)

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2017, 03:35:52 PM »
i will gladly stay away if you find someone who sells the same product, gives 5x and has a longer guarantee.

The reason for the guarantee is simple. They withhold payment from the buyer for 45 days to ensure he doesn't use it. How long do you want them to withhold payment for? (I don't know this for a fact I'm assuming)

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2017, 03:36:20 PM »