Author Topic: Best Business Credit/Charge Cards  (Read 6343 times)

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Best Business Credit/Charge Cards
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2017, 03:26:12 PM »
Regardless, I have little patience for people who have ventured over here just to sponge off others and contribute 0.
I definitely agree with this to a certain extent. I feel like many of the people who really contributed a lot to DDF have left and it has now become a place for people to ask their questions that could easily be answered by a little time, effort, and research. I don't mind helping out and answering questions when I can but it annoys me when people don't due their due diligence before asking.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2017, 03:29:02 PM »

I definitely agree with this to a certain extent. I feel like many of the people who really contributed a lot to DDF have left and it has now become a place for people to ask their questions that could easily be answered by a little time, effort, and research. I don't mind helping out and answering questions when I can but it annoys me when people don't due their due diligence before asking.
Exactly. And when someone makes an effort to help you, no need for the 'tude here. I actually decided I would help instead of giving the usual answer for new thread openers... Lotta Good that did me.

Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline hershelf

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2017, 03:30:17 PM »
First of all, nobody really needed a list of amex biz cards.
i believe im not the only one
Second of all, if you're not really playing the credit card game, it doesn't matter if you don't pay your personal CC's before closing, utilization has no memory, as soon as you pay it off, your score will jump back up.
as a business owner im planning to always be maxed for many years to come for a good reason
do u wanna sponsor me a business loan ?

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2017, 03:31:59 PM »

as a business owner im planning to always be maxed for many years to come for a good reason

Do you know how this works? And anyone can go look through amex or chases website for small business cards.

Offline hershelf

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2017, 03:33:21 PM »
so easy that nobody figured out a answer yet (besides my self in the begin with  ;))

Offline hershelf

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2017, 03:34:56 PM »

Do you know how this works? And anyone can go look through amex or chases website for small business cards.
you forgot the question was about the best business cards for general spending 

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2017, 03:35:41 PM »
you forgot the question was about the best business cards for general spending
You forgot that I was referring to your list, not your question

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
Best Business Credit/Charge Cards
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2017, 03:35:58 PM »
Your "list" included cards that many here would never consider good cards to keep long term. What you do is your own business but don't try to make it seem like you're helping anyone by listening the Amex cards that you currently have.
So when you need your score to jump back up, don't put anything on the personal cards for a month or two. I really don't understand your question anyway, if you're not doing any spend in a category that gets bonus points on any card and you're finding value in MR and SPG then why do you need new cards, if you want to add UR to your earnings then get an Ink Cash and Ink Preferred, end of discussion.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 03:43:09 PM by mmgfarb »
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2017, 03:42:34 PM »
so easy that nobody figured out a answer yet (besides my self in the begin with  ;))
My post wasn't really directed at you per se, although I do think you could have found a better place to post this.
If you've got it all figured out then why bother asking in the first place.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2017, 03:42:52 PM »
YOu need to realize that your needs are from a totally different angle from those generally posting here. DDF members can give you great advice about points and the like but have never really focused on using cards for long term loans since they are interested in the points and want to cycle their credit lines as frequently as possible. This is the OPPOSITE of what you are looking for. You are asking people to research something they have no use for when you can do the same research yourself. It is not like you are asking from their area of expertise.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2017, 03:44:53 PM »
I find this thread a bit annoying!

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2017, 04:02:48 PM »
I really don't understand your question anyway, if you're not doing any spend in a category that gets bonus points on any card and you're finding value in MR and SPG then why do you need new cards, if you want to add UR to your earnings then get an Ink Cash and Ink Preferred, end of discussion.
+1.

And a CSR so you could redeem at 1.5cpp.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2017, 04:05:45 PM »
i need multiple cards to spend $1M annually
Build up a history with amex and you won't need.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline PillanSmye

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2017, 02:32:30 PM »
Don't know what you are spending on, but the chase freedom unlimited is a great option specifically when combined with the sapphire reserve.

I didn't know that there were business versions of the freedom unlimited and sapphire reserve.

Offline PillanSmye

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2017, 02:45:58 PM »
YOu need to realize that your needs are from a totally different angle from those generally posting here. DDF members can give you great advice about points and the like but have never really focused on using cards for long term loans since they are interested in the points and want to cycle their credit lines as frequently as possible. This is the OPPOSITE of what you are looking for. You are asking people to research something they have no use for when you can do the same research yourself. It is not like you are asking from their area of expertise.

That's painting with a pretty broad brush there.  You're basically saying there are no business owners on DDF who value a business CC/relationship long term.

The title of the thread and the original post were pretty specific.  The ignorance of people towards businesses  and finance, FICOs, AA from creditors etc really shows when people are saying ridiculous things like "Just let it report it will go away next month". 

Offline PillanSmye

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2017, 03:08:15 PM »
Build up a history with amex and you won't need.
+1

The biggest question is if the balances ever need to be carried.  If not, then a biz Plat would work by itself.  You can also overspend on an AMEX biz revolver by a factor of 5x-10x/mo just again they aren't going to let you revolve (carry) more than your credit limit.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2017, 09:50:50 PM »
That's painting with a pretty broad brush there.  You're basically saying there are no business owners on DDF who value a business CC/relationship long term.

The title of the thread and the original post were pretty specific.  The ignorance of people towards businesses  and finance, FICOs, AA from creditors etc really shows when people are saying ridiculous things like "Just let it report it will go away next month".
Of course there may be those who use cards in such a manner, but it is not a focus of the forums and those who do are not really using the forums for that aspect of it. Therefore, while he may get an answer from someone with those needs who happens to be here, his expectation that members research this for him instead of him doing it himself is ridiculous.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2017, 10:34:23 PM »
I didn't know that there were business versions of the freedom unlimited and sapphire reserve.
I didn't say there was, but they would serve a good purpose in the situation he laid out. That's just my opinion.

Offline involved!

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2017, 11:29:08 AM »
Hi- I searched and didn't find a clear answer. I know that some business cards don't report utilization and some do. Is there a list about this somewhere? Tia