Author Topic: Please (Make and) Post your Kiddush Hashem or Honesty Story  (Read 47163 times)

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
Re: Please (Make and) Post your Kiddush Hashem or Honesty Story
« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2023, 11:21:54 AM »
he carries a spare pair in his pocket just in case? Do all lubavitchers do that?

Rabbi Moshe Feller adopted the phrase, "never leave home without them". Many Lubavitchers carry a pair with them, the rest of us should be doing that. Even if you don't always have a pair handy, if you are going to an event where you think you will meet people who haven't put on Tefillin, you will take a pair with you. This scene is relatively common, I've seen plenty of pictures of Eli Marcus, Benny, and others putting Tefillin on with musicians and sound tech guys at all kinds of music gigs.

The Rebbe taught us that we are all Shluchim. We each have the responsibility to impact everyone within our circle of influence. Here's a story about Avraham Fried doing that: ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7jKMQtUQx0

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2023, 12:59:57 PM »
he carries a spare pair in his pocket just in case? Do all lubavitchers do that?
Do you carry a phone on you at all times ? :)

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2023, 02:06:41 PM »
I try to always take a pair with me where ever I go as I have been approached at times on the street being asked if I have tefillin on me.
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline Yo ssi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2023, 07:32:20 PM »
Rabbi Moshe Feller adopted the phrase, "never leave home without them". Many Lubavitchers carry a pair with them, the rest of us should be doing that. Even if you don't always have a pair handy, if you are going to an event where you think you will meet people who haven't put on Tefillin, you will take a pair with you. This scene is relatively common, I've seen plenty of pictures of Eli Marcus, Benny, and others putting Tefillin on with musicians and sound tech guys at all kinds of music gigs.

The Rebbe taught us that we are all Shluchim. We each have the responsibility to impact everyone within our circle of influence. Here's a story about Avraham Fried doing that: ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7jKMQtUQx0
Yup, that drummer is well known to Benny.
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2023, 07:59:44 PM »

Note that Lubavitchers tend to use larger “4cmx4cm” tefillin which don’t really fit in pockets.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2023, 09:30:47 PM »
Note that Lubavitchers tend to use larger “4cmx4cm” tefillin which don’t really fit in pockets.
My son got a 'mivtzoyim pair' that he often carries.  I think it's smaller.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2023, 10:47:02 PM »
My son got a 'mivtzoyim pair' that he often carries.  I think it's smaller.

I agree that if you get one for mitvtzoim it might be smaller or less mehudar, might wanna consult a rov/mashpia for specifics.

DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 02, 2023, 10:26:06 PM »
Shabbos was over about 25 hours ago. A young woman was niftar on Shabbos. A Chesed Fund page was launched in the hours after Shabbos.

It now stands at $332,737 in donations!

https://thechesedfund.com/sternfamilymiamibeachfl/urgentcampaign

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 02, 2023, 10:33:14 PM »
Shabbos was over about 25 hours ago. A young woman was niftar on Shabbos. A Chesed Fund page was launched in the hours after Shabbos.

It now stands at $332,737 in donations!

https://thechesedfund.com/sternfamilymiamibeachfl/urgentcampaign
It hurts to Like this post, but the kiddush hashem is amazing.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 02, 2023, 10:40:02 PM »
It hurts to Like this post, but the kiddush hashem is amazing.
I do remember there being some that raised more quicker, but those usually had a crazy story that really got people clicking. This is (nebach) a no-frills story of someone who died suddenly at a young age. It is unfortunately not a rare story.

Image such a website in the secular world? I doubt it would get any significant donations.

Offline whacked1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 03, 2023, 11:25:56 AM »

Image such a website in the secular world? I doubt it would get any significant donations.
This comment is unnecessary. Gofundme was created in 2010. We can make a kiddush hashem without comparing.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 03, 2023, 11:32:00 AM »
This comment is unnecessary. Gofundme was created in 2010. We can make a kiddush hashem without comparing.
I don't think you understand what he said. The way donations pour in in the frum world is unparalleled.

Offline whacked1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 03, 2023, 02:25:22 PM »
I don't think you understand what he said. The way donations pour in in the frum world is unparalleled.
That's not what he said though. It truly is amazing the amount of people donated and how much was raised though.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 03, 2023, 02:35:02 PM »
That's not what he said though. It truly is amazing the amount of people donated and how much was raised though.
That is actually exactly what he said.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 03, 2023, 06:21:40 PM »
This.

Thanks for speaking up in my defense.

My intention was that we donate in such a generous way, that it is unmatched anywhere else. There are gofundme's that raise a lot, but always they are some crazy human-interest story. There is no such thing as a simple story of someone dying young that gets so much money in the secular world. It's something special about Yidden.

It reminds me of a story I heard from Ben Brafman about 20 years ago. He once came to a secular charity fundraiser, and he checked off that he will donate $1,000. He was surprised when they put him on the dais. He later learned that he had given the top donation, matched only by Pepsi and another corporation. He added that $1,000 donations are given so often in the Frum community and nobody thinks twice about them.

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 09, 2023, 11:24:02 PM »
I'm not sure exactly what the Kiddush Hashem is here, but I feel like this belongs here nonetheless. (Maybe it's that the security guard thought so highly of her prayers?)

Offline mevinyavin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2023, 05:13:53 AM »
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/373912

French YouTuber 'saved' by Jewish man in self-immolation stunt
A social experiment in which a YouTuber seemed ready to burn himself to death was ended by a Jewish youth rushing to intervene.
Israel National News
  Jul 10, 2023, 12:15 AM (GMT+3)
French internet personality Dimerci, who became famous thanks to the stunt videos he uploads to YouTube, managed to make his millions of followers feel moved by a Jewish heart.

He decided to perform a social experiment in which he stood in the middle of a street in France, in front of diners sitting in a restaurant on the street, and began to pour gas on himself in order to set himself on fire. Although it appeared that the man was about to commit suicide, none of the diners in the restaurant lifted a finger or jumped to help him. Some of the bystanders are even seen passing by Dimerci "trying to commit suicide" and do not bother to stop him.

As soon as Dimerci pulled out a lighter, a young haredi Jew leaps forward, wrests the lighter from him, and seems to save his life. After that, the Jew holds onto Dimerci and does not let go of him until he helps him sit down and relax.

He continues to talk to him until the YouTuber "reconsiders" his intention to commit suicide. Throughout the entire video, only two other women are seen arriving to inquire about the well-being of the man who tried to set himself on fire.

The reactions to the YouTube video of the popular French Youtuber, who enjoys three million followers, praised the young Jew who was the only one who jumped to help a man "who tried to commit suicide" in the center of a street in France.

"Jews have a wonderful heart," wrote one user, while another wrote that "What a sick world. He could have been everyone's son or brother. Humans have become huge disappointments. Everyone looks at him like aliens but no one stands up to save him. This man is an angel and is staying by his side to make sure he doesn't do it again. God bless those angels all over the world."
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline Ver hut gazugt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline mevinyavin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #198 on: August 02, 2023, 12:31:01 PM »
Fun at the embassy this morning.
They switched their process for mailing back the passports - you now need to show up with a prepaid label. But their communication can obviously use some work, because there were at least eight people being sent away that I could see because they hadn't prepaid the 60 shekel cost. Ridiculous. The guard gives you a QR code and tells you to go to it and pay, then Wattsap the label to a specific number. These are all people with dumbphones, mind, and no internet in their pockets nor WhatsApp.
A big-hearted Teimani fellow whips out his laptop and immediately processes everybody's labels. His kid is receiving the emails and Whatsapping them for everybody. He must have spent an HOUR in the brutal sun doing this for everyone (instead of going inside to get on with his own application - he got in TEN MINUTES before the deadline). Mi K'amcha Yisrael.
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile